• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

John_Edward

Reaction score
Question about Lacoste polos:

How much will a slim/redline made in Peru polo shrink without ever going into the dryer?

Which is better do you reckon: buy slim size 3 where everything fits well except the waist and hope that it shrinks a bit or buy size 2 classic and hope it stretches a bit in the chest?

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
Is anyone familiar with Margiela 10 t-shirt sizing ? I'm usually a medium in most labels and wonder if I should go with size 46 or 48 for a slim fit. I'm about 5'10" @ 164lbs...

Anyone ?

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
If anyone can point to where I can try a pair on (the Wings & Horn Service Boots) in the Bay Area, I'll give them a virtual back-rub.

Anyone for this? Not trying to be pushy, but I've looked around a lot on the forum, and asked around, and I can't come up with an answer. Interested in the boots but too many sizing horror stories to gamble with an online order.

SlyForm

Reaction score
N19js.jpg
Anyone able to ID this backpack?

ysb

Reaction score
Anyone for this? Not trying to be pushy, but I've looked around a lot on the forum, and asked around, and I can't come up with an answer. Interested in the boots but too many sizing horror stories to gamble with an online order.

I thought that Acrimony was the only place to get WH stuff, but I may be wrong. The boots are pretty rare these days and I heard that they're not making them anymore, so online from a shop, if available, or from someone on the forum, is going to be your best bet.

You should just measure a bunch of boots that fit you well and compare to the measurements of the boots. good luck, they're great boots

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the above advice is good. If you can find them online, by law you're permitted exchanges and returns.

tomahn

Reaction score
One of the laces on my sand suede desert boots snapped. Anyone know where to buy new ones? Doesn't look like there's any laces on their main website.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomahn
One of the laces on my sand suede desert boots snapped. Anyone know where to buy new ones? Doesn't look like there's any laces on their main website.

Thanks for the advice above. I'm not surprised that they're difficult to find (let alone try them on) but I didn't realize they weren't making them anymore!? I'll keep looking online and see what i come up with...

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeking no-show loafer socks that are small enough to work effectively with a size 9 foot. I see BR has some, but I don't want to pay $7 / pair. My feet don't need fancy ****. Thanks!

Exit English

Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Seeking no-show loafer socks that are small enough to work effectively with a size 9 foot. I see BR has some, but I don't want to pay $7 / pair. My feet don't need fancy ****. Thanks!

I got some a while back from Sears. I think it was like $11 for a 3 pack.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adambz
speaking of white jeans.. do you guys have any recommendations?

Does *gasp* american eagle still have them?

I picked up a pair for a good $7 or something and they have done well (I'm getting ready to break them out again!). They were a slimmer fit and had a button fly...the only goofy AE distressing they had done was to the back pocket stitching so I took a seam ripper and just got rid of it. It may not be great fabric but this isn't raw indigo demin...if you wear your white denim as long and as hard without washing, you will just have grunge-color denim.

chopp

Reaction score

2 for 6 dollars at payless shoes

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

try the women's section at target.
blush.gif

if anyone asks, they're "a gift."

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking women's are the way to go, although I will check Payless. I bought some no-show athletic socks from Target last night, but they are marked size 6-12 and it just doesn't work for a size 9 foot. They may be no-show on a 12, but they show on me. FFFUUUU

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads