• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Closing Valencia St is just... Biggest fail...

Workers is also putting out some really interesting stuff which isn't only 50's replicas.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flight Bird
Wow, **** that guy. Had me actually super worried, although I didn't cry, because it would have made my APCs get wet and the combs have set yet
wink.gif

So, where can I see LVC in person? I live in Philly, but go up to NYC every month or so.

Flight Bird - LVC is available at Farinellis, BlackbirdBallard (in Brooklyn), and a few other online blog-style shops, but if you an wait, our girl Elisa at Sugarcube in Old City Philly will be getting them soon. She'll have '44, '47 and '66 cuts. And a big display planned.

I've also been told by Levis staff in NY that LVC wasn't available. But most of them hadn't even heard of it. At the SoHo flagship store no less
facepalm.gif

Being a denimhead, I can tell you that many of the Japanese brands are 'repro' to a point, but almost all of them tweaked various aspects of the 501 cut to resolve some of the 'anti-fit' issues. The LVCs are still the best way to go if you want a true repro. Otherwise, FH, Warehouse, SDA, Eternal - they're all amazing denim and fits but vary greatly in interpretation of the 501.

Flight Bird

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Flight Bird - LVC is available at Farinellis, BlackbirdBallard (in Brooklyn), and a few other online blog-style shops, but if you an wait, our girl Elisa at Sugarcube in Old City Philly will be getting them soon. She'll have '44, '47 and '66 cuts. And a big display planned. I've also been told by Levis staff in NY that LVC wasn't available. But most of them hadn't even heard of it. At the SoHo flagship store no less
facepalm.gif
Being a denimhead, I can tell you that many of the Japanese brands are 'repro' to a point, but almost all of them tweaked various aspects of the 501 cut to resolve some of the 'anti-fit' issues. The LVCs are still the best way to go if you want a true repro. Otherwise, FH, Warehouse, SDA, Eternal - they're all amazing denim and fits but vary greatly in interpretation of the 501.

I heard that Sugarcube was getting it, but I called up and asked what they were getting and the guy didn't know, thus I was worried it was only non-denim clothing. But yeah, I adore Sugarcube
inlove.gif
specially cause they're the only ones that carry APC in Philly aswell! Oh, and care to list the other "blog-style" stores that I can order them from?

Dom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Flight Bird - LVC is available at Farinellis, BlackbirdBallard (in Brooklyn), and a few other online blog-style shops, but if you an wait, our girl Elisa at Sugarcube in Old City Philly will be getting them soon. She'll have '44, '47 and '66 cuts. And a big display planned.

I've also been told by Levis staff in NY that LVC wasn't available. But most of them hadn't even heard of it. At the SoHo flagship store no less
facepalm.gif

Blackbird is Seattle...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/blackbird-seattle
http://www.blackbirdballard.com/customercare.html

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not really the right thread but there are some deadstock usa made stfs in my size on ebay right now

i kind of want a pair even if $135 shipped is a little ridiculous

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
not really the right thread but there are some deadstock usa made stfs in my size on ebay right now

i kind of want a pair even if $135 shipped is a little ridiculous

THey were great for $39 from Canal jeans. But $135? Remember, these are ring/OE denim, too.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Are the new model 1947's cut fuller than previous seasons? I know the undersized waist issue has been corrected but all the measurements I've seen of the new version have a longer front and back rise and slightly fuller thigh than the older undersized version.

josh mullen

Reaction score
i've had several pairs of 47s, and currently have a pair from this season -- yes, the cut is fuller and def. more acurate. also, and it may just be me, but i feel like the back pockets are larger on these ones and thus closer to authentic 47s. in addition to these modifications, the denim is much nicer.

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by josh mullen
i've had several pairs of 47s, and currently have a pair from this season -- yes, the cut is fuller and def. more acurate. also, and it may just be me, but i feel like the back pockets are larger on these ones and thus closer to authentic 47s. in addition to these modifications, the denim is much nicer.

So are this seasons 47's true to size or still undersized ? Measurements i'm finding online seem to indicate they are still undersized
confused.gif

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
In a perfect world the LVC thread would be about something else besides sizing advice on the '47.

Ah, I guess I should contribute with some pics of my small collection. I will probably do so once I find the time soon.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
So are this seasons 47's true to size or still undersized ? Measurements i'm finding online seem to indicate they are still undersized
confused.gif

If they're undersized, they're old stock. Current 47 are TTS (the 55 and 15 are oversized)

josh mullen

Reaction score
as paul has stated, the current 47s are tts -- there has been some confusion regarding the sizing on the new 47s because of the way cultizm measures waists. as others have said, they do not line up the waist BIG-style, but rather lay them flat and measure. this method will yield a figure 1" smaller than the BIG method would. for example, they'll tell you that the 15s are 2" larger than tagged. from what i have read, they actually measure 3" larger.
anyhow, my new 47s --size 38-- measured a touch over 38 pre-soak and were down to about 35" after a couple extremely hot soaks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads