• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me determine of a Polo Ralph Laruen shirt is fake or not

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
will have to add my voice to the chorus of "fake!". the Polo tag font and the size of the tag itself are both off.

i don't know where you live but those shirts are readily available in the Polo outlets in most major US cities for $20-30 or sometimes less. hardly worth the risk of getting cheated on eBay not to just buy the original from the factory store...

1gnition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
good observation.

NOW you just ruined his day.
frown.gif

I don't know why I keep answering you, because you really don't get the point.

In fact, I am very happy with this purchase because this shirt is a premium quality shirt in a very reasonable price. It came out of the laundry in a good shape. I am going to order more in black, blue and pink. I don't care about this horse thingy and etc.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 just buy the shirt from RL. I got my last long sleeve polo from ralphlauren.com for $25 shipped.

Here's what the tag looks like:

dsc05075q.jpg

deanayer

Reaction score
considering how millions of these shirts come off an assembly line at 5,000 MPH even the real ones are fake.

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1gnition
I don't know why I asked a style forum if the knock-off Ralph Lauren polos that I knowingly bought were in fact fake. I will just cover my ears and make noises when you call me out on it. LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

In fact, I am very ignorant and as a result am quite happy buying counterfeit goods. It came out of the laundry in a good shape so obviously it must be real! I am going to continue to waste my money and possibly help support/fund child labor, organized crime, and if I'm really lucky terrorism! I don't care about this horse thingy, ****** stitching, the fact that no two shirts will ever fit the same, etc.

FTFY

I don't even know how to react to this? I'm torn between
facepalm.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
and
laugh.gif

JensenH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scribbles

I don't know why I asked a style forum if the knock-off Ralph Lauren polos that I knowingly bought were in fact fake. I will just cover my ears and make noises when you call me out on it. LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

In fact, I am very ignorant and as a result am quite happy buying counterfeit goods. It came out of the laundry in a good shape so obviously it must be real! I am going to continue to waste my money and possibly help support/fund child labor, organized crime, and if I'm really lucky terrorism! I don't care about this horse thingy, ****** stitching, the fact that no two shirts will ever fit the same, etc.
FTFY

I don't even know how to react to this? I'm torn between
facepalm.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
and
laugh.gif

crackup[1].gif

1gnition

Reaction score
I am not excited at all about your hostile and sarcastic comments.

That is because there are two reasons you might have chosen to comment this way:

1. You are bitter and miserable in your life and being mean to another human being is your way of dealing with it.

2. You hate it that you spent so much money on an authentic shirt that looks and feels exactly like a non-authentic shirt which costs much lower. Yes, I get it. It can be really frustrating to spend so much money on utterly nothing.

Your obsession to the little detalis just shows how empty and miserable your lives are. I am not surprised because I saw the other topics with you taking photos of yourselves wearing clothes that make you look like you are wearing a costume for a 1930's movie which you spent most of your earning on, and people stare at you in the streets like you are some kind of aliens. I am so happy that I'm not like you. I am also a better person because I don't take out my aggression on innocent people.

This is directed to lee_44106, pebblegrain, scribbles, I. Gentantithesis (another person who lives in 19th century England) and JensenH.

I rest my case.

I also unsubscribe from this discussion due to no further interest in it.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ignoring my asinine decision to post in this thread, why is it still on the freakin' first page?

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wysiwyg

Reaction score
2171297970346403157.jpg
If you go to the trouble of making a fake and duplicating all the labels, why not take a minute and proofread them.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not excited at all about your hostile and sarcastic comments.

That is because there are two reasons you might have chosen to comment this way:

1. You are bitter and miserable in your life and being mean to another human being is your way of dealing with it.

2. You hate it that you spent so much money on an authentic shirt that looks and feels exactly like a non-authentic shirt which costs much lower. Yes, I get it. It can be really frustrating to spend so much money on utterly nothing.

Your obsession to the little detalis just shows how empty and miserable your lives are. I am not surprised because I saw the other topics with you taking photos of yourselves wearing clothes that make you look like you are wearing a costume for a 1930's movie which you spent most of your earning on, and people stare at you in the streets like you are some kind of aliens. I am so happy that I'm not like you. I am also a better person because I don't take out my aggression on innocent people.

This is directed to lee_44106, pebblegrain, scribbles, I. Gentantithesis (another person who lives in 19th century England) and JensenH.

I rest my case.

I also unsubscribe from this discussion due to no further interest in it.

thread just elevated from 1* to 10

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics