• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
If we're railing on people for being overweight does that mean it's fair game on skinny people too?

Not sure if you're serious or not but there's a difference between railing and critiquing, of course railing on someone for any reason - particularly personal - shouldn't be condoned, but when it comes to critique I don't see why any boundaries should exist except for that any critique must be directly relevant to the fit in question.

atuhsad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
^ Here is the thing... you're right, but his "**** all you, I work and make money instead of hitting the gym so I bet you're all thin and poor and I'm richer than you" repartee was so completely stupid that piling on became utterly irresitible. The thing about being too poor to own an Alden collection was even funnier; it's not like it's a collection of CCP leather jackets or purple label suits; the shoes aren't particularly expensive.

I would say 400+ for shoes is expensive. Relative to CCP? No. Relative to everything else? Yes. That isnt to say that arent worth the money, but I dont see how you can argue they arent expensive, especially considering the median family of four income is in the mid 40k region in the US.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
who caaaaaaaares

What's wrong with your faaaaaaaaaaaaaace?

telemark

Reaction score
the shoes aren't particularly expensive.

Don't know where you come from pal.

Originally Posted by Eason
I'm not saying he isn't enjoying his life right now, he probably is. But in 10-15 years down the line, he probably won't be.

What a load of bollocks. He's fat therefore he's unhappy, that other bloke was a bit foreign looking therefore he's a terrorist, him who uses paint on his photos is ugly therefore hes, uh, well, whatever.

You, my friend, look utterly ridiculous in most of your pictures, in my opinion, but people don't make judgements about your life from them. He dresses badly therefore he probably doesn't sleep well.
eh.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by telemark
Don't know where you come from pal.
Lattanzi's and Branchini's retail in the $2000+ dollar range. That's expensive. You could certainly say Lobb and Tom Ford are expensive in their ~$1000-1500 price category. At ~$400, Alden are quite affordable and barely out of Allen Edmonds retail range.

Cacatfish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow

thanks dude. Its by acne.

Thank you sir, and....

Originally Posted by XenoX101
Wow, didn't see that one, +1. On a related note how does one person get so many perfect fitting clothes?

Also I think I've come to the conclusion that clean polished shoes can benefit most fits.

Agree on both counts.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lattanzi's and Branchini's retail in the $2000+ dollar range. That's expensive. You could certainly say Lobb and Tom Ford are expensive in their ~$1000-1500 price category. At ~$400, Alden are quite affordable and barely out of Allen Edmonds retail range.
*SF conditioning*........
confused.gif

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
*SF conditioning*........
confused.gif

*Wal-Mart conditioning*

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know JDMay was talking in the context of SF and high fashion, but to say that Aldens aren't "expensive shoes" overall by giving Lattanzi as an example is like saying an M5 isn't an expensive car because there exist cars that retail for $500,000.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by telemark
Don't know where you come from pal. What a load of bollocks. He's fat therefore he's unhappy, that other bloke was a bit foreign looking therefore he's a terrorist, him who uses paint on his photos is ugly therefore hes, uh, well, whatever. You, my friend, look utterly ridiculous in most of your pictures, in my opinion, but people don't make judgements about your life from them. He dresses badly therefore he probably doesn't sleep well.
eh.gif

you, my nobody ******, are... oops! I mean friend, not nobody ****** sorry friend!! English is not my first language so I make some mistakes when talking to friends. ****. Take care! (is correct?)

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
If I, by no means a high roller, can impulse-buy something, then it's not that expensive. What I was saying was it was really dumb to use Aldens as the centre of his "you're too poor to buy a pair of these" tirade when pretty much anyone here can own Aldens if they want a pair.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
i was lol'ing, drew when the **** you comin to LA foo

Either: not soon (haven't been in years)... or very soon, like within the next 6 months
ffffuuuu.gif
My strings are pulled by satan or something, I have no plans for tomorrow either really

telemark

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
if you insert "my friend", "good sir", or anything of that ilk into a sentence where you are insulting someone, you're a tool

Seen what you done 'dere. Rightho, noted. I wern't insulting, honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads