• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
You liked it? My dad has been telling me to read it ever since I found it in their library and asked about it.

I did. The structure is a bit confusing at first and it took me a hundred pages or so to really grok what was going on, but it was definitely worth it.

Originally Posted by foodguy
if you liked robert anton wilson, try jonathan carroll. not nearly as 60s twisted conspiratorial, and much more human. but just as weird.
i'm a mystery junkie. just finished charles huston's new "sleepless" and am halfway through the new elizabeth george.

Thanks, will check it out.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Most recently, No Apology by Mitt Romney followed by Rediscovering Values by Jim Wallis.

Interestingly enough, despite the fact that their political views are quite dissimilar, the values they profess are very similar. In fact, I think the two of them could watch a baseball game together and have a great discussion about how to bring back values and promote moral behavior.

Speaking of baseball, I am currently reading Game of Shadows about the BALCO scandal and Barry Bonds.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Speaking of baseball, I am currently reading Game of Shadows about the BALCO scandal and Barry Bonds.

Think I'll pick up the Glory of their Time tomorrow. And hopefully finish the Big Short. Lenin's Tomb will be finished by the start of 2011. I hope.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
The Collected Stories of John Cheever Loving by Henry Green Cheever has an unrepentantly savage eye for humanity.
What was the title of the one where the daughter gets caught in the ski lift cog?

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had followed up my recent, reawakened interest in dÃ
00a9.png
cadence-literature with Orwell's 'Down and Out in Paris and London' which was quite good and am now in the middle of China MiÃ
00a9.png
ville's newest novel 'Kraken' which is very intriguing and recommendable to all who are interested in fantasy, the occult and myth in general...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Houellebecq's Plateforme, unfortunately the English translation.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's a good easy read that a 16 year old teenage boy can read and should read some time in his life?

grouper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
What's a good easy read that a 16 year old teenage boy can read and should read some time in his life?

Catcher in the Rye. No question.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any god recs for books on monotheistic religions? Comparisons between them?

inb4goodbook

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grouper
Catcher in the Rye. No question.

Shall check out.

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
To Kill a Mockingbird.

Have already read

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
"The Hartleys".

That's the one. One of my favorites.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
That's the one. One of my favorites.

You should also look into Henry Green. This is the opening line of his autobiography:

"I was born a mouthbreather with a silver spoon in 1905, three years after one war and nine before another, too late for both".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads