• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was taken in Bruce, just near the A.I.S, which is on the western side, but only 6km from the conservative business dress. There are a lot of Roo's there because it backs on to Bruce ridge and there are heaps of trails and bushland.

__PG__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
He's got handmade shoes up the back for around $200 - and a pair pulled apart to show how they are made - a few pairs looked almost close-ish to ok in style for say $100 but missed out by something each time and at $200 there are other better options.

The missus walked past the shop the other day and apparently the 'pulled apart' shoes are now in the window. I guess the question is how are they constructed and what sort of leather is it?

Any ideas on how to spot Blake/Blake-Rapid/Goodyear welted shoes at 20 paces?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mark Webber won the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Monaco

Congratulations

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI

Yensen Sale

Men's cotton shirts & Italian silk and wool ties all from $50.

All sizes, numerous colours and patterns available and discounted by up to 50%.

We're about to relocate our design studio and are looking to clear the decks of YENSEN stock which could now be considered a collectors item!

WHEN \t
Thursday 20th May, 2010 until Saturday 22nd May, 2010.

WHERE \t
Level 1
276 Devonshire St
Surry Hills.
NSW, 2010.
(02) 9698 3925

TIMES \t
Thu: 7am - 7pm
Fri: 7am - 6pm
Sat: 10am - 4pm
PAYMENT \tMastercard, Visa, Cash, Eftpos.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Aussies,

The suede Loakes I posted a few pages back are up for sale on Ebay Australia. Without putting a link to the listing, a search for Loake suede brogue will bring them up. Alternatively PM me if interested. Not putting on B&S because I don't want to stuff around with int'l shipping.

Cheers

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Bollocks... recently moved to Perth
plain.gif

Originally Posted by jaypee
FYI

Yensen Sale

Men's cotton shirts & Italian silk and wool ties all from $50.

All sizes, numerous colours and patterns available and discounted by up to 50%.

We're about to relocate our design studio and are looking to clear the decks of YENSEN stock which could now be considered a collectors item!

WHEN \t
Thursday 20th May, 2010 until Saturday 22nd May, 2010.

WHERE \t
Level 1
276 Devonshire St
Surry Hills.
NSW, 2010.
(02) 9698 3925

TIMES \t
Thu: 7am - 7pm
Fri: 7am - 6pm
Sat: 10am - 4pm
PAYMENT \tMastercard, Visa, Cash, Eftpos.

Sydguy

Reaction score
Hey quick Aussie Question - I am using a Deodorant Stick from Bodyshop, yes it is for men.

I jumped onto this stuff to stop the white aluminium stains from destroying shirts.

IS anyone using something similar that is easy to get locally? The Bodyshop one is $15 a pop, which is not too bad, although I burn through them fast. Just curious to see what people are using!

Thanks.

truevision

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Hello Aussies,

The suede Loakes I posted a few pages back are up for sale on Ebay Australia. Without putting a link to the listing, a search for Loake suede brogue will bring them up. Alternatively PM me if interested. Not putting on B&S because I don't want to stuff around with int'l shipping.

Cheers

may i ask why you're selling them?

sidewinder13

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
Herringbone has 30% off cashmere knits at the moment - for anyone that's interested.

Thanks for that, will check that out.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sydguy
Hey quick Aussie Question - I am using a Deodorant Stick from Bodyshop, yes it is for men.

I jumped onto this stuff to stop the white aluminium stains from destroying shirts.

IS anyone using something similar that is easy to get locally? The Bodyshop one is $15 a pop, which is not too bad, although I burn through them fast. Just curious to see what people are using!

Thanks.

Just look around for something that is a deodorant, without being an anti-perspirant.

There are a number of brands around that do a simple deodorant.

Of course, if you don't want any aroma at all, I'm afraid that I don't have any recommendations.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sydguy
Hey quick Aussie Question - I am using a Deodorant Stick from Bodyshop, yes it is for men. I jumped onto this stuff to stop the white aluminium stains from destroying shirts. IS anyone using something similar that is easy to get locally? The Bodyshop one is $15 a pop, which is not too bad, although I burn through them fast. Just curious to see what people are using! Thanks.
I get a rash easily from deodorants/ anti-perspirants under arm - not been worried about stains. I use an Australian made tee-tree oil under arm balm. Its got an all natural hippie type blurb about it- but hey - I'm not proud. I can't remember its name now but its in a very unsexy non groovy plastic roll on longish tube thingo in a bad green. Its in a fair few chemists I know but not in all of them. As far as stains go have you tried soaking shirts in Nappi San overnight then washing- works wonders. Or if stain is bad work Nappisan into thick paste and rub into stain and leave a few hours prior to washing. UPDATE:http://www.thursdayplantation.com/ Its Thursday Plantation They have both deodorant and anti perspirant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads