• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What color, interior, trim combo to go with on 11' 335i coupe

Serg

Reaction score
Dont forget the split fold down rear seats. $450 option for some reason but really necessary.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
Am I the only one that thinks the blue with brown interior looks a little funky with the aluminum trim? I think it would look much cleaner with a wood trim that would actually compliment the leather instead of stick out like a sore thumb.

I thought that at first, but now I just think its a very clean look, although it reminds of a 'Fast & the Furious' type vibe which I am not to keen on. I think I like the space gray or red better than the candy colored Lemans

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
pg, can you not drive a stick? BMWs with an MT will hold their value well in the future, as manual ******** are phased out, apart from all the other reasons why you should buy this car with a stick.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
pg, can you not drive a stick? BMWs with an MT will hold their value well in the future, as manual ******** are phased out, apart from all the other reasons why you should buy this car with a stick.

No I can, I have been driving one since I was 16 and I am now 26, so 10 years. Dont get me wrong, I love MT but I am just sick of it. I am not planning on racing people or track times, etc. Plus when I am driving around Boston M/T is kind of a pain **********. i am just ready for an A/T.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Malachit Grun and Calypso Rot are the **** dreams are made of, doggie. Get saddle brown and wood of some sort, aluminum and the 'cube' trim looks cheap. Light wood is comtemporary for our time. It's not a car intended to be a classic down to every detail and it's not an M3 on a weight program, so enjoy a mix of motor/mild lux.

this

LucasCLarson

Reaction score
Whatever the current metallic silver is called. Black interior.

Black gets ridiculously hot in the summer, but its still my favorite BMW combo--hands down. Next in line would be the black with saddle interior.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LucasCLarson
Whatever the current metallic silver is called. Black interior.

This is my favorite combo for any car.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am actually putting the order on hold atm, I didnt realize I could get an s4 for pretty much the same exact price...

2011 s4 s-tronic with:
BANG & OLUFSEN PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM (9VK)
CARBON ATLAS DECORATIVE INLAYS (5MK)
GRAY BIRCH WOOD DECORATIVE INLAYS (5TZ)
NAVIGATION PKG W/CAMERA (PNK)
REAR SIDE AIRBAGS (4X4)
SPORTS REAR DIFFERENTIAL PKG (PDU)
STAINESS STEEL TEXTURE DECORATIVE INLAYS W/PIANO BLACK CENTER CONSOLE (5MZ)
DEEP SEA BLUE PEARL (8A8A)

for around $51k (sans fees, tax etc.)

2011 335i x-drive with:
SPACE GRAY METALLIC (A52)
6-SPEED STEPTRONIC AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (205)
SADDLE BROWN, DAKOTA LEATHER SEAT TRIM (LCD3)
BMW ASSIST (639)
COLD WEATHER PKG (ZCW)
DVD-BASED NAVIGATION SYSTEM (609)
HARMAN KARDON SURROUND SOUND (688)
HEATED FRONT SEATS (494)
HEATED STEERING WHEEL (248)
M SPORT PKG (ZMP)
PREMIUM PKG (ZPP)

for around $53k (sans fees, tax, etc.)

I am thinking I should at least test drive the S4 prior to making a final decision.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
How much more is an S5 with the same kind of kit?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much more is an S5 with the same kind of kit?

S5 with same set up as the S4

19" 5-TRI-SPOKE ALLOY WHEEL PKG (PQ3)
BANG & OLUFSEN PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM (9VK)
CARBON ATLAS DECORATIVE INLAYS (5MK)
GRAY BIRCH WOOD DECORATIVE INLAYS (5TZ)
NAVIGATION PKG W/CAMERA (PNK)
SPORTS REAR DIFFERENTIAL PKG (PDU)
STAINLESS STEEL TEXTURE DECORATIVE INLAYS (5MZ)
DEEP SEA BLUE PEARL (8A8A)
ICE SILVER METALLIC (P5P5)
METEOR GRAY PEARL (X5X5)

about $58k, so its about a $7k difference between the S4 and $4k difference between the 335i x-drive coupe

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An invaluable resource: e90post - E90/E92 Picture Threads (exterior and interior, organized by color) They just keep getting better, and better, and better:
e92lcimsporttm.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
$58K and you're almost in M3 territory
redface.gif
We're talking virtua-beans here, but as for the players on the field; I think the Audis might be better for you if you just want the newest, nicest entry-lux car seeing as though they're the newest amongst the 3, C, Audi 4/5, Infiniti, etc. The E9X's Bimmers have been out for awhile and you can get a CPO or just a plain used one, both with factory warranty and low mileage, with all of the kind of options you want (a Steptronic dark color, saddle, cube trim, and premium+M arent too hard to find if you look) for literally half the price you're shopping at, looking identical to a MY10 if you go with a MY07. $50K buys a ton of car in the USA, it's equal to about $100K for a car where I live (M3's cost $120K in my country, everything else is about double, I've been thinking about the same kinda cars but with much more precious dollars I guess, plus I gotta buy something cash, resident alien concept.) That said, I think a) I'll probably never buy a brand new car, no matter the make, in my lifetime...and b) a non-M 3-series for $54K is
ffffuuuu.gif
... most of the bad vices out there cost less than the depreciation on something like that...

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
An invaluable resource:

e90post - E90/E92 Picture Threads (exterior and interior, organized by color)

Thanks for the link that is great! what is the pic you posted? it looks like the badge says 330? but it has the new body style? plus it doesnt have the dual exhaust? but the new M kit

redface.gif
We're talking virtua-beans here, but as for the players on the field; I think the Audis might be better for you if you just want the newest, nicest entry-lux car seeing as though they're the newest amongst the 3, C, Audi 4/5, Infiniti, etc. The E9X's Bimmers have been out for awhile and you can get a CPO or just a plain used one, both with factory warranty and low mileage, with all of the kind of options you want (a Steptronic dark color, saddle, cube trim, and premium+M arent too hard to find if you look) for literally half the price you're shopping at, looking identical to a MY10 if you go with a MY07. $50K buys a ton of car in the USA, it's equal to about $100K for a car where I live (M3's cost $120K in my country, everything else is about double, I've been thinking about the same kinda cars but with much more precious dollars I guess, plus I gotta buy something cash, resident alien concept.)

That said, I think a) I'll probably never buy a brand new car, no matter the make, in my lifetime...and b) a non-M 3-series for $54K is
ffffuuuu.gif
... most of the bad vices out there cost less than the depreciation on something like that...

Yea M-3 is kind of out of the question for me, equiped how I would like it, is gonna be around $67k, which is $14k above what I could get the 335i x-drive coupe for (with the options I want). That is a big chunk of change, also I really want the AWD, the winters here in the Northeast suck bad and a RWD monster like the M3 just wont cut it.

I dont see how you can say $54k for a loaded 335i coupe with AWD is an fu, when you compare it to other similar classes it is priced right on, very similar to the S4. There is quite a gap in price between a similarly equiped M3.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
I dont see how you can say $54k for a loaded 335i coupe with AWD is an fu, when you compare it to other similar classes it is priced right on, very similar to the S4. There is quite a gap in price between a similarly equiped M3.
I'd argue that what you get for $54K for the 335i makes it a bargain. Phenomenal car. I have not driven the 2009+ S4. They are certainly gorgeous and get rave reviews, and from what I understand they are the real driver's car of the range. I also did not know they were that relatively "inexpensive," I will have to look at them more seriously. I've always generally avoided Audi because where BMW will bend over backwards to make a deal, Audi simply says, look, we import 500 less of these than demand, how about this deal: **** off. The LCI M-sport (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341971) looks to be one of the best looking cars BMW has ever produced. As for interiors, you will never regret black.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
redface.gif
We're talking virtua-beans here, but as for the players on the field; I think the Audis might be better for you if you just want the newest, nicest entry-lux car seeing as though they're the newest amongst the 3, C, Audi 4/5, Infiniti, etc. The E9X's Bimmers have been out for awhile and you can get a CPO or just a plain used one, both with factory warranty and low mileage, with all of the kind of options you want (a Steptronic dark color, saddle, cube trim, and premium+M arent too hard to find if you look) for literally half the price you're shopping at, looking identical to a MY10 if you go with a MY07. $50K buys a ton of car in the USA, it's equal to about $100K for a car where I live (M3's cost $120K in my country, everything else is about double, I've been thinking about the same kinda cars but with much more precious dollars I guess, plus I gotta buy something cash, resident alien concept.)

That said, I think a) I'll probably never buy a brand new car, no matter the make, in my lifetime...and b) a non-M 3-series for $54K is
ffffuuuu.gif

Exactly. I got my 335 brand new and optioned exactly how I wanted it for $43k out the door (and sold it 3.5 years later for $32k). Paying $50k+ for a 3 series, or $60k for audi's version of it (the s5) is marsupialed. M3 sedans start at ~$56k IIRC and with Euro delivery you can knock ~$5k off that price.

So you can either have a $50k 3-series with a bunch of pointless options because you dont like to see unchecked boxes on order forms, or a $50k M3. durrr.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads