• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

JustinMcAfee

Reaction score
Anuar, what the heck? First I'm dress as wait staff from a Fazoli's. Now you hate my shoes? Stop sippin' on the haterade.

Anyone else have useful input re: my new shoes 2 posts above?

JustinMcAfee

Reaction score
Anuar, what the heck? First I'm dress as wait staff from a Fazoli's. Now you hate my shoes? Stop sippin' on the haterade.

AE7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinMcAfee

dude, dont get it personal:

first, it is my ho, second, i am not saying you are in a waiter's gear, but the person you describe would appear to me like the one, third, i dont hate this shoes, but i find them ugly, and i think it is better to let you know what others think than be a hypocrite and let you sport them.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anuar, what the heck? First I'm dress as wait staff from a Fazoli's. Now you hate my shoes? Stop sippin' on the haterade. Anyone else have useful input re: my new shoes 2 posts above?
Put it this way, SF's taste on shoes is very different from yours. This is SF's taste on shoes: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=168002

JustinMcAfee

Reaction score
Ah, in that case I appreciate your honest hatred of my shoes!
tongue.gif
Also, in hindsight, it does look like a waiters uniform...

daruma

Reaction score
anyone know where an online fabric seller which offers a large selection of vicuna?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daruma
anyone know where an online fabric seller which offers a large selection of vicuna?

Highly highly doubt there is any because vicuna is so rare (up to 1 lb is produced per animal).

bapelolol

Reaction score
Is it ok if I wax/polish my shoes a couple days after I condition/cleaner them? Or do I have to wax/polish them after I condition/cleaner them. They will not be worn in the couple days.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bapelolol
Is it ok if I wax/polish my shoes a couple days after I condition/cleaner them? Or do I have to wax/polish them after I condition/cleaner them. They will not be worn in the couple days.
That's perfectly fine. The important thing is that the polish is applied to a clean and conditioned/moisturized leather surface.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just bought these shoes, what should they be worn with? Dark denim jeans? Dress slacks? My new white linen suit?

2010-05-14%2021.03.27.jpg

If it helps, I hate your shoes.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brioni sizing...I take a 44 in Canali, but a 42 in Armani Collezioni. There is a 42 on ebay I am interested in. Thoughts on what size I might be in Brioni?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
Brioni sizing...I take a 44 in Canali, but a 42 in Armani Collezioni. There is a 42 on ebay I am interested in. Thoughts on what size I might be in Brioni?
It is all about the chest and shoulder measurements. There are too many variables to rely on tag sizes.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All right, I'm leaving for New York on Monday. While I'm there, I'll be applying for jobs.
The jobs will all probably be low-level - working for places like Starbucks. I'll also be applying for jobs at Uniqlo, H&M, and other "fashion-oriented" places.

When I have leisure time, I plan to visit some bastions of culture -- jazz clubs, art galleries, etc.

All that said -- should I bring a suit and tie? It wouldn't even be a question except I have to limit my baggage to two big bags, and I'll be in NYC for one or two months.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought these shoes, what should they be worn with? Dark denim jeans? Dress slacks? My new white linen suit?

2010-05-14%2021.03.27.jpg

Yeah, I'm not even usually an MC guy and I can't stand those. It's a total destruction of the shape created by your foot, and it would create an awkward visual when combined with creased trousers. The central ridge of leather makes it look like a flipper, and the elastic portion is just complete amateur hour.

The leather color and laces are really good, though. If you return those and buy shoes like that with a more normal appearance, you could wear them with just about anything. They'd look great with a white linen suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads