• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help a 17 year old identify the staples every wardrobe should have

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the general attire at the wedding was beat timberland work boots, jeans, and polos... i **** you not...

and this was at Monterrey

in a nice part none the less.

some boots were still dirty like they had just mucked the stalls.

when i get married invite gonna read "Black tie only" that way I'll brake even and get some square toed loafers and button downs..

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
the general attire at the wedding was beat timberland work boots, jeans, and polos... i **** you not...

and this was at Monterrey

in a nice part none the less.

some boots were still dirty like they had just mucked the stalls.

when i get married invite gonna read "Black tie only" that way I'll brake even and get some square toed loafers and button downs..

get better family members

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
yes phoenix cop quality people like moo
blush.gif

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jet and Mr.Moo will be invited...

Jet wears his chunky grandpa knits and Mr. Moo wears his short suit atrocity...

will be a fun wedding for sure.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair, Moo's grandfather on V-E day looked killer so there is some truth to his quality family members.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nereis
Suits are a necessary part of being an adult. But most people will only need one or two. Make sure those are good so they last a good while.
I'm 33 and I've never owned a suit. I've also never been to a wedding that wasn't for a sibling.
peepwall[1].gif

darkdream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
I'm 33 and I've never owned a suit. I've also never been to a wedding that wasn't for a sibling.
peepwall[1].gif

What is your career?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkdream
What is your career?

Internetz mirth-maker.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to invest in some black margiela disco leggings next time i get invited to a funeral.

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me clarify that it does depend on your social circle's socioeconomic status. Obviously wearing a three piece suit to a farmer's wedding would be overdressed. Likewise, turning up in anything less than morning dress to greet royalty is a major faux pas. We operate here on the assumption that pretty much all members are upper-middle class (doctors, lawyers, bankers, professors, accountants, entrepreneurs) ie everyone they know has their bachelors at the very least. As always, YMMV since not everyone lives in a major coastal city where wearing a suit is part of professional dress.

Simion505

Reaction score
I'm surprised about how few of you need to wear suits - I've had to from the age of 16 for 6th form college, and before that blazers from year 7 onwards in secondary school.

Strombollii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simion505
I'm surprised about how few of you need to wear suits - I've had to from the age of 16 for 6th form college, and before that blazers from year 7 onwards in secondary school.
That's a completely different sartorial circumstance. Do you wear tailored suits to class?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads