• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Ermac

Reaction score
656.jpg

http://www.shopfarinellis.com/pa-656...attersall.aspx

??

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
That's literally Dior 17.5cm level tapering, so hoping that measurement is off or it's for the sleeve or something. I need like 7.5 inches on a dress pant to have it not look stupid

Damn Yoox and their horrible pics, goofy descriptions, and lack of sizing. At least it's only $6 to try on... cheaper than gas and parking to go downtown to try on a suit, haha

6.6" refers indeed to the leg opening and is not unusual for a Raf Simons suit, even though Yoox's measurements aren't always dead-on. I've tried two different Raf Simons suits so far ( one from Yoox in size 48 ) and none of them measured more than 7.0" at the hem. But, yeah... "With at end" is quite inarticulate. When I switch to the German Yoox site and check the exactly same suit it says "Saumunfang", which translates to "hem circumference" though and should clear up your doubts...

Why don't you go with that one ? -> http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/RAF+SI...J/sts/sr_men80

Personally, I prefer the smaller lapel and also don't mind the 1-button on such as slim, fashion-forward suit. Plus the leg opening is 7.0" and hence a little wider...

bakatora

Reaction score
thinkin' about picking up a DVN suit. anyone know if DVN has a consistent drop? :]

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
6.6" refers indeed to the leg opening and is not unusual for a Raf Simons suit, even though Yoox's measurements aren't always dead-on. I've tried two different Raf Simons suits so far ( one from Yoox in size 48 ) and none of them measured more than 7.0" at the hem. But, yeah... "With at end" is quite inarticulate. When I switch to the German Yoox site and check the exactly same suit it says "Saumunfang", which translates to "hem circumference" though and should clear up your doubts...

Why don't you go with that one ? -> http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/RAF+SI...J/sts/sr_men80

Personally, I prefer the smaller lapel and also don't mind the 1-button on such as slim, fashion-forward suit. Plus the leg opening is 7.0" and hence a little wider...

Thanks for the information. I'd go with the one you linked, but unfortunately I'm a 36 / 46 Euro. I just switched over to the Japanese site, and they listed the hem as 17cm, which is slightly more forgiving and in line with some other slim pants I own. I'll just have to wait for it to arrive

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Thanks for the information. I'd go with the one you linked, but unfortunately I'm a 36 / 46 Euro. I just switched over to the Japanese site, and they listed the hem as 17cm, which is slightly more forgiving and in line with some other slim pants I own. I'll just have to wait for it to arrive

Damn. I could swear the 1-button version was still available in size EU44 about 45 minutes ago. I mean... although that's still one size too small for, I wouldn't have posted the link in this case of course, since your obviously not a EU52, i.e. a *****.
laugh.gif
Yeah, the suit you've ordered is also listed as 17cm at Yoox Germany and the 1-button version as 18cm...

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bakatora
thinkin' about picking up a DVN suit. anyone know if DVN has a consistent drop? :]
Most I've seen has been 6in iirc, but DLester could confirm

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both size 36 DVN suits I've tried on have had 31" waists with an inch or so to let out. Not sure if this helps, but I hope it does because I knocked over a bag of jelly beans getting that measurement If you call Nordstrom Bellevue at (206) 628-2111 they stock DVN and are pretty helpful if you need measurements
Originally Posted by thekunk07
no, raf suits after f/w 07 are made like ****. no comparison.
Any reason why? (other than Raf going to **** design-wise)

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Most I've seen has been 6in iirc, but DLester could confirm

size 50 has a size 34ish waist and was probably 40 inches across the chest, did not bring a tape with me but that is what it seemed like.

chopp

Reaction score
E Park Avenue
41VJGSQz1jL._AA300_.jpg
or AE Fifth Avenue
414Oa-oppOL._AA300_.jpg
i need a new shoe for the office (with charcoal, grey, navy trousers, maybe even some raw denim), but that i can also dress up with a grey suit or something along those lines

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads