• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want some prescription sunglasses, but what the hell kind of sunglasses would go with an outfit like this??
waywtw.jpg

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys find that your eyebrows hit your lenses when you do close your eyes sometimes? It happens fairly often for me and leaves streaks of oil where they land on my lenses.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want a pair of Revo Transom sunglasses, but I don't want to pay $250 for them. are any of the sellers on ebay trustworthy or can I expect the Revo's being sold there to be fakes? how would you rate the quality of Revo sunglasses?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MooKitty

Reaction score
Would these glasses work for me? http://www.warbyparker.com/mens-eyew...on-bottom?sc=9
29050_1403750051014_1150230013_31401973_7454610_n.jpg
I'm not sure on the size and color, I tend to like bigger glasses and I really like the color but I am not sure if they will work for me. Also if you don't think so/want to give me more options please do so! Sorry edit 3: How much on average would it cost to put scripts in frames? =====

1v0573

Reaction score
Hi CC,are contact lenses alone enough to protect against UV & computer glare?...would wearing a pair of specs with plano,multi-coated lens together with contacts actually help against UV & glare?

We Tigers

Reaction score
I've looked through the thread, but haven't found discussion on the basic question of "what are your thoughts on semi rimless glasses"? I usually prefer full-frame glasses, but have found a pair of semi rimless Pradas in brown that might be my next pair, similar to these.

It's down to those or the Oliver Peoples Becque. I have a roundish-oval face, and a beard that I didn't have last time I bought glasses; maybe it's the extra interest on the lower half of my face that makes the semi rimless look a bit more solid than usual.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey i recently bought a pair of Carrera shades from an optics store, and one the glasses it doesn't say where they are made, are all carreras like that?

Alos where are they made?

enarchay

Reaction score
Should I buy these sunglasses? I really like the look of this model, and I've been wanting to buy these for a while now, but no online stores have them in stock. I called around, and a local store happens to have them in stock, but they're selling them for $200. That's significantly more pricey than what I would have to pay online, and I'm not sure if I'm going to have to have the lenses replaced later with prescription lenses - it depends on whether or not I can get used to wearing contacts; so that could be a lot of money on polarized lenses just to have them replaced. Thoughts?

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
Hey i recently bought a pair of Carrera shades from an optics store, and one the glasses it doesn't say where they are made, are all carreras like that?

Alos where are they made?

When I saw Carerra's in a sunglass hut, they said made in China. So I don't know what's goin gon with your pair.

jakejake

Reaction score
WHere can I find a pair of spectacles like these below: (prefers black or dark brown with high quality)

AUSTJR71.jpg

Hermitedge

Reaction score
This may been mentioned before, but I couldnt find it on the forum... but is SMART BUY GLASSES . COM a legitimate website to make purchases from, or are they sketchy/knockoff style?

MooKitty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jakejake
WHere can I find a pair of spectacles like these below: (prefers black or dark brown with high quality)

AUSTJR71.jpg

http://www.warbyparker.com/mens-eyew...&category=-109

I suggest you preorder if you want them. You will get them around June 6th
These glasses go SUPER fast because they are only $95! WITH PRESCRIPTIONS
If you don't like them 100% money back
Every pair you buy they donate a pair to charity
Also if you dont want to risk it, you can wait till june when they have glasses in stock and do the home try on. They send you 5 pairs of glasses at no charge/obligation to you then you send them back

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads