• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Went skydiving for the first time today!

IBJanky

Reaction score
WOW! WHAT A RUSH! IT WAS ******* AWESOME!

Here's some pics:

Me and two buddies. We all jumped today, but not at the same time:

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

Getting on the plane:

IMG_3017.jpg

Inside the hot, cramped plane waiting for my turn to jump:

IMG_3026.jpg

Here's the good stuff:

13,000 ft. up baby!!!

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3072.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

Pulling the cord:

IMG_3110.jpg

I didn't want to do a tandem jump, because I didn't want ****** strapped onto the instructors crotch during the jump.

I went through a 6 hour course last Saturday so I could do it non-tandem (with the instructors by your side during the jump).

Went up to 13,000ft. and jumped out of a perfectly good airplane
crazy.gif

I wasn't nervous at all. The scariest part was when I was physically standing by the airplane door and stepped out.

The feeling of freefalling and weightlessness is amazing. I really can't describe it in words.

And once you pull the chute, it's SILENT up there. So peaceful and man, what a view!

Landing went well, I didn't crash or anything. It was pretty soft, like jumping off a chair.

SUPER FUN! By far the most exhilarating experience I've done in my life so far. You get a crazy adrenaline rush like you wouldn't believe.

So glad I did it
biggrin.gif

If you can do it, I highly suggest you do. Life's too short, gotta do it while you're young and able. Can't wait to do it again!
bounce2.gif

Here's a video too:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

myke

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the course, two instructors, and a camera guy, the jump wasn't cheap no doubt, but I agree...I loved the first and only time I did it (no jokes, I'm still alive).

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
With the course, two instructors, and a camera guy, the jump wasn't cheap no doubt, but I agree...I loved the first and only time I did it (no jokes, I'm still alive).

It was about $379 to be exact, but the memories are priceless.

I've spent twice the amount on a pair of shoes before, and I don't even remember what they look like anymore
lol8[1].gif

myke

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was awesome lol. I was talking to my buddies about skydiving today.

kaiserkarl

Reaction score
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm afraid of heights. sounds like a great experience and i thought it would be more expensive. this is definitely something i will do in the future.

JRM

Reaction score
Awesome. I did a jump(tandem) a few years ago and I had the same reaction you had. I was not nervous or jittery at all - till I stood at the airplane door. At that point, looking out of the door, I wondered what the hell was I thinking.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

REguy

Reaction score
I went for the first time last year with a very experienced buddy who jumps solo. I went tandem, and we were the first plane up of the day. My buddy jumped first and I turned back to the guy I was strapped to and asked "How many times have you done this?" He responded by saying, "Hundreds, but yesterday on the first jump we got all tangled and I had to cut the main chute. Let's go."
cry.gif

Needless to say, the jump went flawlessly.

My buddy was already waiting on the ground and I ran over to him to tell him what the guy told me right before we got up to jump. My buddy said, "Ahh, I told him to F with you. You seemed way too calm." It's good to have friends.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
good for you, op

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky
It was about $379 to be exact, but the memories are priceless.

I've spent twice the amount on a pair of shoes before, and I don't even remember what they look like anymore
lol8[1].gif

myke

That's a good deal. Not necessarily what one looks for in this case, but you seemed to have made out ok
smile.gif

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IBJanky, those are some fantastic pictures and great memories.

I've been skydiving twice, about 13 and 12 years ago, respectively.
The first time I jumped out over the city where I live, and it was quite amazing to be plummeting earthwards whilst watching people driving to work below me.
The second time was over the ocean, and once the chute opened we all drifted in and landed on the beach. I was a bit more nervous about that one as it was a solo jump and whilst the beach was long, it was not very wide!

I agree that the most nervewracking time was actually getting out of the plane. Both of my jumps were from small planes and so I had to hold on to the wing strut and put my feet on the landing strut - ie actually climb outside the plane and hold on for a moment - before letting go. The first time I did it, my mind was screaming at me, asking me why I was climbing out of a perfectly good aircraft 3.5km up in the air.

An absolute blast and, looking at your photos, I'm really tempted to do it again!

Castle

Reaction score
Some cool snaps there, would love to do it myself one day when I have the cash/time.

Incman

Reaction score
Wow that's unreal. Heights is easily my biggest fear. I can climb ****, or do work on a roof, but as soon as I look down, my heart stops beating. I could only imagine how terrified I'd be looking down (AND THEN JUMPING) from that high in the air.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What if you do a tandem jump and the instructor gets a hardon?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads