• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TM Lewin Sale (5 shirts/$93 shipped)

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
the two that i was gifted shrank like crazy on me after one wash.

Linen or the normal dress shirts?

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
the two that i was gifted shrank like crazy on me after one wash.

I have 5 TM lewin cotton shirts and none shrank much from the wash.

JR_Rider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kulata
I would have believed this if I didn't have over 15 TM shirts that only shrank minimally like any good quality cotton fabric

While I do agree that TM Lewin shirts shrink more than others I would say that you should just account for this when ordering your shirts. The shrinkage is not excessive like a previous poster suggested. I have about 8 TM Lewin shirts myself but thanks to this great post I will be adding to my collection. I highly recommend their shirts for around the $50 price range and with this discount code I'm certain you won't find a better deal. For reference purposes I first purchased my TM Lewin shirts as a 15/36 and had the sleeves shortened to 35". After I realized they do shrink some, I've gone up to a 15.5/34.5 which is perfect.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few of their shirts picked up on a similar sale a ways back and think they are a solid deal for the price -- not a Borelli or an Isaia shirt by any stretch, but much better than what you can find in a US department store for 3x the price. This is a great price for a solid workhorse shirt. The windsor spread collar has a good shape and is reasonably soft.

In terms of shrinkage, the sleeves seem fine to me but the collars seem to consistently lose 1/2 inch. Size up and you will be fine. Their slim fits were cut funny - standing still, they seemed to work fine but the minute I moved the sleeves were up on my forearms. I shipped them back without a problem - they have a return label addressed to a US consolidation center and their return/exchange policy is quite good.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the promotion code posted up-thread still applicable? I tried using it today but was unable to complete my purchase.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ld111134
Is the promotion code posted up-thread still applicable? I tried using it today but was unable to complete my purchase.

They retire most codes pretty quickly. Chances are that one expired a while ago (OP was in March...)

JR_Rider

Reaction score

Promotion code is still good!! The trick to it is that you must have 5 shirts in your cart when you apply the code. I just used the code to order 5 shirts Monday and the code worked no problem.

Here's my order.....

Item\t\tQuantity\tTotal Price
505158884786\tWhite Plain Fine Luxury Twill St James Semi Fitted Double Cuff Shirt - 34435 Size: 15.5 Fit: 3RG\t2\t£30.61
505158884826\tBlue Plain Fine Luxury Twill St James Semi Fitted Double Cuff Shirt - 34436 Size: 15.5 Fit: 3RG\t1\t£15.31
505158885146\tRed Slim Stripe St James Semi Fitted Double Cuff Shirt - 34444 Size: 15.5 Fit: 3RG\t1\t£15.30
505158882426\tBlack Blue Block Check Windsor Slim Fit Double Cuff Shirt - 34352 Size: 15.5 Fit: 3RG\t1\t£15.30
\t\t\t
Postage\t\t\t£8.00
Total\t\t\t£84.52

Code still works by the way.....I just tried it again and the total was £88 before shipping but also before the VAT refund.

davidmross

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kulata
I would have believed this if I didn't have over 15 TM shirts that only shrank minimally like any good quality cotton fabric

I have 8 or 10 TM Lewin shirts and I've had mixed experiences with shrinking even though I've washed and dried all of them in the same way. Most of the time (about 90%) I have minor shrinking which is well within reason but occasionally the shrinking has been considerable. In one case after just one wash I could not button the collar. Ugh!

I'm sure that Lewin would be happy to exchange the shirt but I can't be bothered the time and cost involved packaging up the short to exchange it is just not worth my while.

All that said, I agree with Lewin represent great value for the money and are good shirts.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JR_Rider
Promotion code is still good!! The trick to it is that you must have 5 shirts in your cart when you apply the code. I just used the code to order 5 shirts Monday and the code worked no problem.

Here's my order.....

Item\t\tQuantity\tTotal Price
505158884786\tWhite Plain Fine Luxury Twill St James Semi Fitted Double Cuff Shirt - 34435 Size: 15.5 Fit: 3RG\t2\t£30.61
505158884826\tBlue Plain Fine Luxury Twill St James Semi Fitted Double Cuff Shirt - 34436 Size: 15.5 Fit: 3RG\t1\t£15.31
505158885146\tRed Slim Stripe St James Semi Fitted Double Cuff Shirt - 34444 Size: 15.5 Fit: 3RG\t1\t£15.30
505158882426\tBlack Blue Block Check Windsor Slim Fit Double Cuff Shirt - 34352 Size: 15.5 Fit: 3RG\t1\t£15.30
\t\t\t
Postage\t\t\t£8.00
Total\t\t\t£84.52

Code still works by the way.....I just tried it again and the total was £88 before shipping but also before the VAT refund.

What is the discount code you used? Is it NJTES? After placing an order over the phone yesterday, I called them again today about this promotion code and they said that they were unable to honor it - they said that it had expired on February 28th and was restricted to UK customers. You must have gotten lucky!

JR_Rider

Reaction score
What is the discount code you used? Is it NJTES? After placing an order over the phone yesterday, I called them again today about this promotion code and they said that they were unable to honor it - they said that it had expired on February 28th and was restricted to UK customers. You must have gotten lucky!

Yes that's the code. Just make sure you are on the UK site where the prices are all in pounds. The code will still work then. I just tried it with three different style shirts and my total was always 88 Pounds for 5 shirts. When I called they couldn't find the code either but it works online I promise you. If you like tell me the shirts you want and I will but them in the cart and PM you the exact url and you can go from there....

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me if their slim fit shirts are cut slim or are just darted version of their regular fit? Their website mentions darts, however I'm not a fan of visible darts.......I'd rather they just cut them slimmer (like Thyrwhitt).

Any info would be great.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are they in terms of fit?

For reference, express or h&m fitted shirts work pretty well for me, except that they don't have numeric sizes for the collars and their M runs half a size too large for me to use. I'm a little hesitant to drop 140 bucks on 4 shirts without trying them on first. So, any comment would be helpful.

Thanks!

JR_Rider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viral
can anyone tell me if their slim fit shirts are cut slim or are just darted version of their regular fit? Their website mentions darts, however I'm not a fan of visible darts.......I'd rather they just cut them slimmer (like Thyrwhitt).

Any info would be great.

Unfortunately there are visible darts. They seem to be cut slimmer as well but there are certainly visible darts as well. I will compare two shirts when I get home at let you know for whether the shirt is cut slimmer as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads