• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
Yea I ordered the 11D, it's just that they dont offer E width. Im curious if the Indys run a bit wider than the Desert Boots, if so then I think it should be good.

I believe the indy's run just a bit wider than clarks db's right out of the store, but the clarks will see more stretch and ultimately end up the wider shoe.

People using db's as a guide should recall how they fit before they stretched. If they were very tight out of the store (as they are for some people) then even if they fit perfect now, you'd want to be careful buying the same size in the indy.

slappy

Reaction score
And the Indy's don't stretch very much? Damn your making me nervous they are the wrong size. I assume J.Crew has a decent return procedure but eh this is just going to take more time. Maybe Ill just order some 11E's from shoemart so they come at around the same time, then return one of them. I prefer the J.Crew version to the shoemart version, but the changes are pretty minor.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Yea I can dig that, I also like the shoe version of the indy boot though no one sells it anymore

try Alden SF. They had some not too long ago

slappy

Reaction score
Ha apparently you can bring any internet order to your local J.Crew store for a refund if you dont like it. I called to make sure that includes Aldens. That is a really cool policy so now I feel totally fine about ordering them even if they are too tight.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Truthfully Im not a huge shell fan. I think it looks nice but I prefer the chrome excel look honestly. One day Ill probably get a shell pair just to have it but it's below chrome on my list

I hear you. The Chromexcel one is a damn good shoe... You'd be happy with it I'm sure!
chromexels.jpg

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're going to wear socks like that you'd be better off with the roy boots
smile.gif

Seriously, those are nice looking shoes.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
If you're going to wear socks like that you'd be better off with the roy boots
smile.gif

Seriously, those are nice looking shoes.

Drat! I knew someone was going to call me on that!

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303
I hear you. The Chromexcel one is a damn good shoe... You'd be happy with it I'm sure!
chromexels.jpg

How do you care for the chromexcel? Is any polishing necessary?

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
How do you care for the chromexcel? Is any polishing necessary?

From the mouth of Nick Horween: "The last step for Chromexcel is coat of Neatsfoot Oil, so when people ask me how to condition this leather, that's always my first recommendation."

I haven't done anything to mine so far other than just brushing them off. I don't mind letting the scuffs be scuffs at this point

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Contractor came today to pick up 4 hides of Chromexcel to line my window displays with. I'm pretty stoked. Just thought I'd share.
laugh.gif
Thanks Nick!

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Contractor came today to pick up 4 hides of Chromexcel to line my window displays with. I'm pretty stoked. Just thought I'd share.
laugh.gif
Thanks Nick!

4 hides of Chromexcel. You're getting all Hollywood freaky.
snmsmilie.gif

ymc226

Reaction score
Here are some recent buys for the spring/summer. Winter was long and hard this year in the East coast. From Blackbird, suede summer Oxford in tan
4602097875_8e902fcc9e_b.jpg
4602096661_eef0b40b18_b.jpg
From Blackbird, suede summer Oxford in chocolate
4602715058_f50250c9a5_b.jpg
4602099327_9a5936e3b5_b.jpg
From Tom at Leather Soul, tan suede Chukka in Barrie last
4602708998_92b651758c_b.jpg
4602091343_8b575707d5_b.jpg

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ymc226
Here are some recent buys for the spring/summer. Winter was long and hard this year in the East coast.

From Blackbird, suede summer Oxford in tan

From Blackbird, suede summer Oxford in chocolate

From Tom at Leather Soul, tan suede Chukka in Barrie last

Very nice. Lots of summer fun.
smile.gif

arrow

Reaction score
I couldn't resist the experiment...

4536641512_be6fc63e96_m.jpg
+ CAT's PAW Soles

We'll see in a few weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads