• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen some Dries Van Noten, Etro and YSL efforts that have genuinely erred more on the side of conservatism than outright flamboyance

If you were in London, you'd have the pick of the traditional haberdashers such as Cordings or Ede and Ravenscroft. Can your budget accommodate Ralph Lauren or Yoox?

elgreco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
If you were in London, you'd have the pick of the traditional haberdashers such as Cordings or Ede and Ravenscroft. Can your budget accommodate Ralph Lauren or Yoox?

Yes on both. Unfortunately, I haven't seen much that is interesting at RL and Yoox is a giant crapshoot since they put almost NO sizing information on their site. I'll add them to my regular rotation of sites to look at.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking more and more about getting a 4 -2 navy blue linen DB jacket for Summer. I'd do it completely unlined with no canvas or padding. Patch pockets and a welt breast pocket. Probably smoke MOP buttons and possibily even (gasp!) notch lapels. Could be fun and casual.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
I've been thinking more and more about getting a 4 -2 navy blue linen DB jacket for Summer. I'd do it completely unlined with no canvas or padding. Patch pockets and a welt breast pocket. Probably smoke MOP buttons and possibily even (gasp!) notch lapels. Could be fun and casual.

uhoh.gif

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
that and your sockless dress looks made me hate you at first, but then your beautiful personality and sweet nature won me over.

Thanks for not mentioning that time in Encino.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have a five dollar bill for the first dude to post a pic of himself in DB pajamas.

I'm assuming Will will get this moolah, but I don't want to be presumptuous.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
sounds like a London Lounge commission.

Fully canvassed with braced PJ bottoms?

I suggest bespoke braces with straps of the sheerest ermazine to minimize Night Sweats.

- B

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Fully canvassed with braced PJ bottoms?

I suggest bespoke braces with straps of the sheerest ermazine to minimize Night Sweats.

- B

I am working on a double-breasted button fly pant. Need to put a warning on the label though, "Please give yourself a 7 minute lead time for number 1, 8 1/2 minute lead time for number 2"

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Should I post my notch DB again for more derision?
laugh.gif

Please do!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads