• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Graham Browne London.

il_colonnello

Reaction score
Graham Browne is one of two non-SR UK tailors I considered for my first bespoke suit (before eventually deciding to make my first forays into custom suits in Asia).

I became a bit sceptical after reading a thread on here where somebody mentioned that the jacket collar of their GB suit could hug the shirt collar a bit more closely. While a thousand sterling is certainly nowhere near as much as what you pay the average tailor on the Row, I thought for that price you should be able to expect a properly fitting collar.
confused.gif

The other "entry-level" London tailor I considered is Chris Kerr who I still haven't ruled out for future suits. Unfortunately I have found very little reports on his work anywhere (nothing with pictures anyway). I might have to take the plunge myself some time.

fox81

Reaction score
Graham Browne will do you multiple fittings, so by all means you can sort that stuff out. Helps to know what to look for which is tough for your first bespoke.

Chris Kerr seems to be 50% more expensive, but still reasonable. There is a website http://www.chriskerr.com/home.html

water

Reaction score
What is the price of a standard Graham Browne 3-piece suit?

the_sartorialist

Reaction score
I know Graham Browne's starting prices for a 2-piece is typically from about £850 but it's really down to the type of fabrics you choose. Not sure about their 3-piece, but I imagine you can give them a ring to find out.

As for Chris Kerr, I enquired previously and their starting prices were from £1,200.

There's also some debate (which, unfortunately, I am not privy to) between the garments produced by City-based tailors (like Graham Browne) and West End tailors (like Chris Kerr), but I genuinely couldn't care that much. I have been satisfied with my Graham Browne commissions and for that kind of price point, I would say it is good value for money.

I agree with Fox81 that you could request for Russell to use the softest shoulder pads he has (which is what I opted for when I had my unlined jacket commissioned), but whether or not that is going to be soft enough for your preferences is another matter altogether.

The biggest appeal for me to go to Graham Browne was their flexibility in accommodating design requests (within the realm of reason, of course), and their ability to produce a credible garment overall.

Getzione

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fox81
oh, where are you located?

Oslo, Norway. Needless to say there's not alot of options for bespoke. I believe there is exactly one, a Savile Row trained norwegian. But he's pricepoint is 2-2,5x Graham Browne, and he does housecut only. (Structured roped shoulders, FULLcut pants etc).

And since the sartorial marked in Oslo is close to nonexisting, prices are high and possibilities few. Especially for a 38L.

fox81

Reaction score
i see. are you going to be able to return to london frequently enough for all the fittings?

Getzione

Reaction score
^ That wont no problem. I'll have to spread it over a couple of weeks tho'.
Oslo -> London isnt that far, i can actually do a daytrip if i want to.

Do you have any experience with bespoke shirting they offer as well?
Thank you for all the helpfull reply's.

Getzione

Reaction score
Originally Posted by il_colonnello
Graham Browne is one of two non-SR UK tailors I considered for my first bespoke suit (before eventually deciding to make my first forays into custom suits in Asia). I became a bit sceptical after reading a thread on here where somebody mentioned that the jacket collar of their GB suit could hug the shirt collar a bit more closely. While a thousand sterling is certainly nowhere near as much as what you pay the average tailor on the Row, I thought for that price you should be able to expect a properly fitting collar.
confused.gif
The other "entry-level" London tailor I considered is Chris Kerr who I still haven't ruled out for future suits. Unfortunately I have found very little reports on his work anywhere (nothing with pictures anyway). I might have to take the plunge myself some time.

Im looking at an early June trip to London, so if i beat you to it, ill let you know how it went.

fox81

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Getzione
^ That wont no problem. I'll have to spread it over a couple of weeks tho'.
Oslo -> London isnt that far, i can actually do a daytrip if i want to.

Do you have any experience with bespoke shirting they offer as well?
Thank you for all the helpfull reply's.

No, but after the poor results of my first modern tailor order, i might bite. its 3 shirts for 300gbp, including fabrics from alumo.

half_brit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by water
What is the price of a standard Graham Browne 3-piece suit?
I paid £1050 for a 3-piece suit and J&J Minni's mid-grey pick & pick, so a 11oz cloth. And for this price, I had additional trousers.

Getzione

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fox81
No, but after the poor results of my first modern tailor order, i might bite. its 3 shirts for 300gbp, including fabrics from alumo.

Ill probably take a stab at this as well.

il_colonnello

Reaction score
Im looking at an early June trip to London, so if i beat you to it, ill let you know how it went.

Looking forward to your report.

Love the pics with the animal heads on his Web site.

Some of the trousers in the gallery of his famous clients look a lot wider than I'd care for, but I'm assuming that should be attributed to eccentric celebrity taste rather than his own preference.

Getzione

Reaction score
Originally Posted by il_colonnello
Looking forward to your report.

Love the pics with the animal heads on his Web site.

Some of the trousers in the gallery of his famous clients look a lot wider than I'd care for, but I'm assuming that should be attributed to eccentric celebrity taste rather than his own preference.

I think we're looking at different websites?
which site are you browsing? Im on: http://www.grahambrowne.co.uk/
Im pretty sure thats the right page, as i recognized one of the tailors photographed.

il_colonnello

Reaction score
I think we're looking at different websites?
which site are you browsing? Im on: http://www.grahambrowne.co.uk/
Im pretty sure thats the right page, as i recognized one of the tailors photographed.

Misunderstanding - I was referring to the Chris Kerr site.

Alright you try out Graham Browne, I'll try out Kerr. Afterwards we'll compare notes.

(Mine won't happen so soon though.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads