• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This is about to be the bachelor party from hell.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All these calls for divorce before the marriage is really getting me down.

I was the best man for someone in a similar position. All you have to do is to even the scores. That means that you are essentially planning for two parties, a bachelor party and a bachelorette party. Hire strippers to both. Smoke weed. I betcha the ***** won't complain anymore and nobody is gonna accuse no one that they are keeping all the fun to themselves.

Let's face it, even if you don't do it, you think that girl and/ or her girlfriends are going to be sitting at home reading novels? They will be likely be at a more rambunctious party while you and your friend are stuck at a lame 6th grade camping trip sharing what could've been.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your friend sounds like he needs an intervention, not a bachelor party. First, he seems to be forgetting that the bachelor party is as much about the attendees as the guest of honor. What if they hate camping? A good bachelor party doesn't needs strippers, but it at minimum should have include steaks and booze. Second, I agree with everyone who said that it's the principle of standing on his own two feet that is at stake here. I give this marriage five years tops.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will keep you guys updated.

And yeah, we are at full-blown "Saving Silverman" red alert here.

I am considering bailing. I cannot let my best man resume be tainted by this.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't even want a bachelor party if/when I ever get married. I agree with all the other posters though. There's a good chance he's making a mistake. Then again, maybe he's that lucky guy that finds the right woman in high school and never looks back (like kwilk).

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Conne would opt for a male bonding activity consisting of sorting through old 1980s NY Times obituary sections and making a team scrapbook of favourite Upper East Side WASP deceased socialites. While Murder She Wrote plays in the background and everyone mutually masturbates each other to the beat of the drum brush on Art Tatum's Making Whoopee off the Art Tatum Tatum Group Masterpieces, Vol. 1 compact disc.

sounds like you guys had a good time.

This guy is all sorts of sad. OP, bail or go balls to the wall bachelor party, he'll thank you later, after he recovers.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
Im the best man for a very close relative that is getting married next spring.

Im throwing the bachelor party, which I am MOAR than happy to do.

Here's where things aren't looking too good:

1. Hes starting with the "Its my day so I say we are doing _______" crap. And that crap is "camping."

2. Hes never been allowed to smoke a cigar and will not do it just in case she ever would find out (also his finace's rule).

3. The fiance (and him) say "no drugs and no strippers."

4. Now I'm being told I need to book it a month in advance because the fiance says so (WTF?).

5. This is his first and only girlfriend (of 6 years now).

6. Hes totally the kind of guy who would tell his fiance what went down at the bachelor party.

What to do?

I almost want to politely decline. But I kinda want to fight the power.

Go camping and book it a month in advance. Bring lots of booze Hire strippers and have them come to the camp in role play (camping gear), whereby they pretend to befriend your friends and drunkingly (or play drunkingly) strip for them and hopefully the drunk groom. Take pictures as black mail so he never tells his fiance. Take drugs and cigars too and see if he drunkingly agrees to use them.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Go camping and book it a month in advance. Bring lots of booze Hire strippers and have them come to the camp in role play (camping gear), whereby they pretend to befriend your friends and drunkingly (or play drunkingly) strip for them and hopefully the drunk groom. Take pictures as black mail so he never tells his fiance. Take drugs and cigars too and see if he drunkingly agrees to use them.

I like the way you think.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1.) camping totally rocks.
2.) despite that, all the advice in this thread is correct

except for

3.)anything by sho'nuff. before people get bothered by his posts in threads like this you have to remember he is a relativcely religious christian.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
3.)anything by sho'nuff. before people get bothered by his posts in threads like this you have to remember he is a relativcely religious christian.
Which explains why he objects to drinking/strippers/drugs. But it doesn't explain his very strange thoughts on wives/girlfriends/fiances making rules for their men to follow, and the man being enough of a wuss to not stand up for himself.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
...Then again, maybe he's that lucky guy that finds the right woman in high school and never looks back (like kwilk).

Yeah. Lish even let kwilk keep his balls.

Oh, wait.
eh.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
post of the week.

Originally Posted by MetroStyles
You can tell it's not Conne because this guy wants to go camping. Conne would opt for a male bonding activity consisting of sorting through old 1980s NY Times obituary sections and making a team scrapbook of favourite Upper East Side WASP deceased socialites. While Murder She Wrote plays in the background and everyone mutually masturbates each other to the beat of the drum brush on Art Tatum's Making Whoopee off the Art Tatum Tatum Group Masterpieces, Vol. 1 compact disc.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
aside from me pocket calling my wife, my design director had the greatest bachelor party of all time. i don;t even know where to start, but it ended with 4 strippers making a human centipede, albeit temporarily

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads