• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gilt users: beware.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Maybe you should tell them that you want to keep the item, but would like a refund?

Or have we been here before?

Why don't you go ahead and put another shrimp on the barbie

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
The only thing that's frustrating is that Gilt claims to be a "purveyor of luxury goods," and has an air of smug self-satisfaction that one would assume would lead to an avoidance of the problems that plague eBay and other sites - which I have been victim to. I was one of the people who purchased a pair of Supergas from their sale several months ago - not a huge purchase by any means, but after waiting and waiting, and being unsure as to whether my 40$ was going to be automatically drawn from my account randomly, or whether I would have to find a pair of summer shooz somewhere else, I got a little annoyed. I guess I scored 25$ in Gilt credits (hooray?) when they completely failed to ship them, ever, but honestly - if I wanted sketchy internet clothing deals there's always the 'bay and SF. Basically, they claim to be incredibly professional, but now I'm a little wigged out about spending more than a pittance on something they present, just because I'm not sure if I'll even get it. I don't like having my money in perpetual limbo, no matter who I'm dealing with. edit: granted, I put up with it, and like Chrono said it's a huge company with very few humans doing anything, but honestly I would be really scared to buy one of their random multi-k packages for whatever the **** resort in the Caymans or something.
I guess, but even priceline and **** runs into snags here and there. When you make thousands of transactions a day, there will always be a few screw ups especially when one thing goes wrong (stock miscounted, shipping robots making an error, website not accurately keeping up with what sold, etc...) not to mention that i'm guessing they don't always have every single item from every sale ready to ship at the time of sale. Most the time i figure that's what the delay in estimated delivery time is. I think they have multiple warehouses and shipping centers and sometimes **** gets screwy with that volume. Again, i could care less about gilt and am more just confused how people don't just kind plan for occasional bad **** to happen. Obviously there have been many more quick and successful gilt transactions than bad ones just like with most things. I've had revolve screw something up before too. I also have had a bunch of other seamless transactions and even returns and good customer service. Sometimes it takes longer than i'd like but that's the name of the online shopping game. If this thread was about revolve or tres bien i'd say the same thing. Pretty sure Farinellis has had a problem or two in this category but doesn't mean they don't have some of the best service most the time. Not the exact same thing but you get the point Nothing beats instore shopping still

junebugmm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Do you work for Gilt or something? It takes ONE WEEK. The label says UPS - GROUND. This is different from UPS - 3 DAY. WTF?????
Well when they give you a tracking number and you look it up on the UPS website, you'll see that it is UPS 3-Day. I'm pretty sure it'll be.. They've always shipped it that way for all my orders.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Again, i could care less about gilt and am more just confused how people don't just kind plan for occasional bad **** to happen.

The expression is "I couldn't care less." Get it? You care so little, that you can you cannot care less than you already do.

Sorry, I have vowed to police this incorrect usage on the interwebz.

JoyDiffusion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Counterpoint: Gilt has had some of the best customer service I've ever dealt with, and has always gotten me the items before the estimated delivery date
+1. I've ordered close to a dozen things from them, always on time or early. And when they screwed up my gf's order twice, they generously made up for it with store credit. It's a large company, with probably 4 dozen sales a week between their 3 sites. That means several thousands of orders a week. They're bound to have a few slip-ups every now and then, due to stupid computer glitches. Try and be a little less demanding of instant gratification. We (humans) are so ******* spoiled these days. It'll get to you eventually. Maybe even tomorrow! If you're still pissed off once it gets to you, call them and ***** about it, and maybe they'll try and compensate you for your 'troubles'.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Both times Gilt told me that they'd ship items to me a month later I got the item in less than a week instead. Those ******* assholes.

shademore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoyDiffusion
+1. I've ordered close to a dozen things from them, always on time or early. And when they screwed up my gf's order twice, they generously made up for it with store credit.

It's a large company, with probably 4 dozen sales a week between their 3 sites. That means several thousands of orders a week. They're bound to have a few slip-ups every now and then, due to stupid computer glitches.

Try and be a little less demanding of instant gratification. We (humans) are so ******* spoiled these days. It'll get to you eventually. Maybe even tomorrow! If you're still pissed off once it gets to you, call them and ***** about it, and maybe they'll try and compensate you for your 'troubles'.

Have you ever actually tried to get a straight answer from call center Bangalore? After you wade through the "English is not mother tongue" diction you get to ask, then demand, then try not to get pissed while your Customer service representative reads back some stock question off a screen so they can supply you with the preloaded, screened and corporate approved answer.

"so sir you are asking that you would like to know when your item will ship?"

" orders generally ship within 3 business days. Excuse me sir, you said its been a week. Hmm, let me see are you asking that you would like to know...."

I hope it cheeeap sale for you.

JoyDiffusion

Reaction score
^^Yes, actually, I was the one who called about my gf's orders that didn't ship on time. Didn't have any language problems with the people I spoke to. As far as I know, their call centers are located in the US.

My point was more about the OP's impatience. He was not complaining about any difficulty of communication, merely that his package would take a full two weeks to arrive (when really it's just been 6 days so far). To consider that unacceptable(!) for an online order from such a large company, is what's unbelievable in my opinion. Since obviously, it's not their typical delivery time. As I said... be patient, and it'll arrive. It's not like it's a $20k watch or something. For all we know, he ordered $20 worth of socks.

Dai19

Reaction score
You're so delightfully dramatic, Mr. Moo.

I used to be a fan...

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
packages rerouted for free when i'm not home can't complain there

Scooba

Reaction score
I have only ordered once from Gilt and got it 3 days later. I was impressed with how quickly it arrived.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoyDiffusion
For all we know, he ordered $20 worth of socks.

Yes, but they were deerskin socks.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by junebugmm
Well when they give you a tracking number and you look it up on the UPS website, you'll see that it is UPS 3-Day.
I'm pretty sure it'll be.. They've always shipped it that way for all my orders.

That may be true in your experience but it is not universal.
I've had a couple orders ship 3-day when I selected ground but the majority of my orders are shipped ground which mean 5 or more days to the west coast.

Originally Posted by teddieriley
The expression is "I couldn't care less." Get it? You care so little, that you can you cannot care less than you already do.

Sorry, I have vowed to police this incorrect usage on the interwebz.

Thank you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads