• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me Paraphrasing -

Orderly: "Sir, if you want to smoke you have to move another 20 ft. away from the door."

Jesse: "So wheel me over a few more feet, *****!"

That for me was the best line of the year.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait a sec....in the parking lot scene...who called Hank with the one minute warning? Gus?

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That was always my assumption. These guys are loose canons and Gus is low profile. He didn't want them hanging around staring at him in his restaurant any more (or doing anything else to draw attention to him, like hacking up his people with axes in their own homes). Even if they had succeeded, I'm sure he'd have set them up to be arrested and then, while in custody, killed.

RedScarf7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Wait a sec....in the parking lot scene...who called Hank with the one minute warning? Gus?

The call came from his partners phone. He answers it with "hey gomey" or something of that sort. So whomever made the call had access to the DEA phone. I suspect that Hanks boss, the old bald dude, is in cahoots with Gus. It is too convenient that federal forces took down the cartel in Mexico the same time all this is happening. Someone with a great deal of authority would have to approve the raid, and I suspect it was the boss that did so. Additionally, he was the one that gave Gus the tour around the DEA office. So many things point towards them being partners. We know that Gus is incredibly smart and resourceful. I doubt he would over look the importance of having someone inside the DEA.

I imagine Gus has been looking to sever ties with the Mexicans for a long time, and with Walt cooking 200 pounds a week he finally has the in-house production to support his operation.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedScarf7
The call came from his partners phone. He answers it with "hey gomey" or something of that sort. So whomever made the call had access to the DEA phone. I suspect that Hanks boss, the old bald dude, is in cahoots with Gus. It is too convenient that federal forces took down the cartel in Mexico the same time all this is happening. Someone with a great deal of authority would have to approve the raid, and I suspect it was the boss that did so. Additionally, he was the one that gave Gus the tour around the DEA office. So many things point towards them being partners. We know that Gus is incredibly smart and resourceful. I doubt he would over look the importance of having someone inside the DEA.

I imagine Gus has been looking to sever ties with the Mexicans for a long time, and with Walt cooking 200 pounds a week he finally has the in-house production to support his operation.

I thought his cell phone showed "Restricted Number"...I could be wrong though.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He answers it with "hey gomey" or something of that sort.

One thing I've always wondered about the show is what Hank is actually calling Gomez. Occam's Razor says that it's "Gomey", but for some reason my ears always hear Omie. I thought that this might be a clever play on the fact that Hank was calling Gomez "Homie" but because Gomez is Hispanic the "H" would be silent.

I know it's probably nothing, but that would sort of be cool if it were that way.

RedScarf7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
I thought his cell phone showed "Restricted Number"...I could be wrong though.

I'm not sure. It may have, but I do remember him answering it as if he knew it was his partner calling. It is purely speculation on my part, but I do think there are a lot of things that point towards Gus having a high ranking DEA officer as a partner. It is just most convenient for it to be Hanks boss.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The call came from his partners phone. He answers it with "hey gomey" or something of that sort.

--he doesn't answer with "gomi". He doesn't know who made the call and called gomi to see if it was him.

It is too convenient that federal forces took down the cartel in Mexico the same time all this is happening. Someone with a great deal of authority would have to approve the raid, and I suspect it was the boss that did so.
--Hank's boss mentioned that you don't kill (try to kill) a DEA agent and get away with it. The order was likely given from Washigton, and he says as much. It's not hard for them to identify (from the boots and the tatoos, etc) which cartel the cousins are from, know who the head of the cartel in Mexico is, and send in Federals (Mexican and US) to kill him (especially to appease Washington).

Additionally, he was the one that gave Gus the tour around the DEA office. So many things point towards them being partners.
--he was giving a tour to alot of affluent local businessmen, Gus among them.

RedScarf7

Reaction score
All plausible explanations. Again, just speculation on my behalf. Talking about the show just makes me wish Sunday night was coming a little sooner!

mgoose

Reaction score
I seem to be the only one really hating on Jesse for awhile now, I find his character grating on my nerves almost as much as Skylar.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think the order to kill Juan came from Washington or any government agency. IIRC Gus had that satisfied look on his face when he was on the phone with Juan as if he knew what was coming. He also destroyed his cell phone afterwards as though he wants no connection to the killings.

mgoose

Reaction score
^yeah I think it's pretty clear gus is making a play to move up the chain, maybe be the man on top

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mgoose
I seem to be the only one really hating on Jesse for awhile now, I find his character grating on my nerves almost as much as Skylar.

Last episode he was annoying as hell. 1.5 million for three months of work and he acts like he still doesn't get the gravity of the people he works for.

Obviously I don't know what happens next episode, but in the preview they showed him saying $96 million. My guess is that he's referring to the street value of what he and Walt produce, and complains that he is only getting 1.5 million. In other words, there's going to be alot of **** disturbing coming from him.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Walt junior steals every scene is in,love that kid.him and skinny Pete.
interesting side note i watched an old Murder She wrote ep (dont break my balls) and Walt was on it,hard to believe its the same guy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads