• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
The JD fit is quite polarising.
I am become Uncontrol, destroyer of Styleforum. Thanks for the compliments from some, and the comments from others, positive or not. I'm actually very surprised that it was so polarizing, because I don't see it as THAT far out there (which I guess was some peoples' problem)... but I like that the fact that it was worth talking about. I'm posting this on SZ, just because I suspect there it probably won't get much of a reaction at all. The sheen of the silk is a bit eye-catching, but on the whole it's not in the same ballpark as the uncontrol paisley pant fiasco of way back when which comes to mind when thinking of polarizing fits. I don't know if it would look better without the stacking, though I do plan to wear those pants with my Jil marbled blazer when it shows up and that might look better sans-stacks. But I'm kind of a fan of them. I dunno. If people don't think I've got the swagger to pull it off, fair enough; I assume that's a determination projected onto me via what people have gleaned about me as a person from my posts. No way to alter that perception without meeting. Anyway, I've got the narcissism thing so all I need to do is drop another 60lbs, not shave, and copy Aeglus's haircut and I'm set. My new cocaine habit should help with the weight loss.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this would be more credible if you were someplace other than your backyard next to a wooden fence, which gives off a tom sawyer vibe. imagine if you were shopped into that photo of fuuma from a few days ago standing somewhere in paris or london. better? everything seems to fit well. if it were me, I would wear different color pants. I like the jacket. I have a few of that length, which works for me. I like that you are experimenting. people should take more risks. they are just clothes. if something doesn't work, you can try something else the next day. definitely post a pic of marble blazer with those pants.
Originally Posted by JD_May
019pgq.jpg
Number (N)ine / Dior Homme / Raf Simons / Ferragamo (NV) http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5183/028hfp.jpg

c00kz

Reaction score
I looked at the clothes a bit more than a glance and like the coat a lot. I got down to your shoes, and first I thought you needed a different color, then realized it would look so much better with a shine. Then I remembered you talking about needing patent shoes, and therewego

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Patent boots would be best
smile.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
IMO this is just one of those "needs a haircut" things, (which I told aeglus to get for the longest time, and now he's a bad-ass neo-nazi)

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
example: socal

Actually, if you compare SoCal's newer fits to his fits from a year or two age, I think he's looking a great deal more natural in his high-fashion steez these days. His Jimmy Neutron haircut probably helps a bit, as did his weight loss. I also think he's just plain doing a better job of coordinating outfits, which in itself can make outfits look less costumey.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
He also swapped Rick for Pierre

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr. Mabuse
It, honestly, reminded me of this picture.

varg.jpg

Always a Buruzum concept. Re that, who else loves Belus?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr. Mabuse
It, honestly, reminded me of this picture.

varg.jpg

so early Raf Simons it hurts.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Am I the only one that thinks it's kind of hitler-ish?

To reiterate:

aegluadolf.jpg

"Sir... the EG Bedford is sold out at Farinelli's..."
>
>
>
"CONTEXT CASH? WHAT THE **** IS CONTEXT CASH?!?!"

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
JD: I am having a hard time with the coat man, perhaps it was never meant to be. Right now it looks like you're the Supreme Court Justice of Transylvanian Metal.
Tuck the shirt in, since you've got trousers and laceups on. Since you've got such a clean outfit on, I'd honestly rather see the shirt (tucked in) and trousers, along with the shoes as-is, with an MA-1 jacket over it, or alternatively, the Yigal bomber. Can't knock the classics man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads