• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clockwise
The RO chrono is a beauty and it can be comfortably worn under the shirt cuffs, which you can't say for its bigger cousin, the Offshore.

I have fairly small wrists, so the ROO looks clownishly large when strapped on. With the versatility of all the Offshore variants, it's been a case of admiring from afar. Other than size, I find the RO chrono much more timeless - and yes, it can slide comfortably under my cuff.

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
I have fairly small wrists, so the ROO looks clownishly large when strapped on. With the versatility of all the Offshore variants, it's been a case of admiring from afar. Other than size, I find the RO chrono much more timeless - and yes, it can slide comfortably under my cuff.

Illustration of a "clownishly large" issue below. The super sized Shaquille O'Neal Limited Edition was a watch I could not learn to wear, it was just too large for my wrist. I sold it to a gentleman with larger wrists and more interest in the basketball player.

AP2008-01-10067.jpg

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My latest acquisition. Had a some very pleasant and needed R&R at one of our favourite places (Mansion on Delaware, Buffalo) and my wife surprised me with this.

orisa.jpg

orisb.jpg

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From left to right:

Rolex Submariner, Longines Dolce Vita, Cartier Santos

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A big watch I enjoy very much: PAM 140 on silky nubuck croc strap. But I prefer to wear it on a dark brown /burgundy croc.

PAM140NubuckGoldstrap092.jpg

Scuderia-F1

Reaction score
A big watch I enjoy very much: PAM 140 on silky nubuck croc strap. But I prefer to wear it on a dark brown /burgundy croc.

Oh, how I regret not getting a 140 when my AD offered it!

Enjoy it
smile.gif

Scuderia-F1

Reaction score
Thanks for comments. I have a special story of infatuation with the Roayl Oak, it is just a design which brings tingling sensations. I am not a big fan of two tones normally but this one has become something of a favourite for me. The little RO 15300 is worn less but has the advantage of neatly slipping under the shirt cuff. Another one:
The Parmigiani ROCKS!!
worship.gif

KtownGreg

Reaction score
GMT IIc today

201005102321.jpg

KtownGreg

Reaction score
Love the domed crystals

201005052222.jpg

201005052216.jpg

GO 60s

201004302192.jpg

Speedy

20100420-DSC_0344.jpg

Rolex5513-5-2.jpg

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greg, between your Speedy, Pepsi and Sub I'd never get around to wearing the GMTIIc (though one of my friends just bought one and really likes it).

About the 5513, is the maxi dial the original design or something that was chosen when it was restored? (Which I guess it's been?)

TheWatchGuy

Reaction score
Since I work with watches for a living, I thought I would post a few pictures of some favorites:

360-4modified.jpg

sa3_crop1a.jpg

light_test2.jpg

pp_black.jpg

pp-3.jpg

ogdm_crop3.jpg

rdcard_sized2.jpg

WhiteVulcancutout.jpg

yb_crop3.jpg

ssb_light1.jpg

rd_modified.jpg

rs_crop2.jpg

rdcard_sized2.jpg

skel5.jpg

Since I have about 300 watches, I guess I will leave it at that! LOL!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy

Since I have about 300 watches, I guess I will leave it at that! LOL!

So why don't you provide pics of some nice ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics