• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
6c755924.jpg

That tie is just fantastic, where'd you get it?

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lazy Monday

Bespoke fur coat
Lambertson Truex wallet (via Angelicboris
bigstar[1].gif
)

372028465_o.jpg

MWSartorian

Reaction score
Actin' a fool in a mall in Cincy:
7ff79c35.jpg

Can't stop smiling after a few cocktails and a bottle of red:
70f419c3.jpg

Dinner and another bottle of red:
736c71a1.jpg

Cincy was actually a pretty fun city ...
[/center][/quote]

Very nice Dawg--glad you enjoyed your stay in Cincy. I grew up here and it's a very livable town, though certainly no Chi-town or bigger. Was that Nordstrom's you went to? Not as nice as bigger cities but we are excited nonetheless to have one--I work about a block West of there, dangerously close! And the boathouse (Montgomery Inn) is where my wife and I had our rehearsal dinner about 4 years ago (on Memorial Day--comin' up!). Did you make it up the hill to Mt. Adams?

Anyway, cool to see pics of Cincy on here--thanks for posting.

Ahem--back on point: great shirt!

KtownGreg

Reaction score
A few anemic fits from the last few days. Feeling a bit uninspired for some reason...

Sunday
201005092312.jpg
201005092316.jpg

Jcrew, Alden, JLC, bright sun

201005102350.jpg

Today
201005102336.jpg
201005102325.jpg

Borelli, HY, GMTIIc, C&J

Need better camera angle and jacket adjustment. It's making these HY twills look baggy! Or, keep hitting the treadmill.

KtownGreg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
These sunglasses look great on you. Hope you got em
smile.gif

1+

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have some great ties, TRINI. This is one of them.
Originally Posted by TRINI
4595474484_38a15edaa3.jpg

Love those flesh-colored socks, dog. How do you always get the mole in exactly the same place?
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix

This jacket appears to fit you perfectly. Or, at least, it's the way I wish my jackets fit me.
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
DSC01265.jpg

Very solid outfit, Teach. Classy and classic.
WWII, eh? I haven't had the pleasure of teaching that since the late '90s. The good guys still win, right?
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_7677.jpg

Hmmm. The boots look a little big.
Originally Posted by tatecloths
Bespoke fur coat
Lambertson Truex wallet (via Angelicboris
bigstar[1].gif
)
372028465_o.jpg

I'd very much appreciate opinions on today's color combination. (The shirt is peach/coral, by the way, regardless of what your monitor may be telling you.)

In particular, I suspect that the pocket square is a weak choice, but I couldn't find anything in my collection that I liked better.

Paisley1.jpg

And now let me just lean back nonchalantly to make sure that you don't miss those Thurston braces.

Paisley2.jpg

MWSartorian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mossrockss
Yeah. Cinci is awesome. If you ever come back, let me know- I'd love to meet the man behind the WAYWT pics.
smile.gif

scary how many on SF have been or are here--whereabouts Moss?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
^ Nice outfit Rob. You have zeroed in on the proper length for your jackets now. The grey jacket and this one look very nice.

Deets on the shoes?

Originally Posted by EnglishLapel
C&J Westfields in suede I believe.

Originally Posted by Doxe
Similar, but not identical to the Peal & Co listed here.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

Order before midnight and get 25% off the F&F sale.

Seeing NYR has me thinking of ordering a pair...

Thanks Sri...yes they are the Westfields...was thinking about selling, but decided to hold on to them.

Originally Posted by gregaz
Rob, this looks terrific - everything about it.
And neat story about your grandfather. Was he stationed out of Brooklyn Navy Yard, by chance?

Thanks Greg, I want to say he was based in Georgia believe it or not...have some great pics of him during basic with a 7 foot rattlesnake he killed. He went there and became close with my grandmothers brother, and they would visit each others families when on leave, how he met my grandmother...so I have Hitler to thank for me being here today!

Originally Posted by Threadbearer

Very solid outfit, Teach. Classy and classic.
WWII, eh? I haven't had the pleasure of teaching that since the late '90s. The good guys still win, right?

Cheers TB, yup, everytime!

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
new haircut? You are probably a really nice guy, but your scowl scares the $hit out of me.
In pictures sunglasses make me look like an asshole and glasses make me look like a smug asshole. I'm sure there's a scientific name for this effect.

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I suggest you don't cut it like Aeglus' recent 'do however
wink.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3
Looks good aeglus ... but you NEED a new haircut ... lol.

I know it's not terribly MC friendly from the one side picture but it got honest complements from my bosses that are very old, so it must look better and less extreme in person
smile.gif

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
HATE HATE HATE (to cover mad envy!!!!!!!!!!!)
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

devil.gif
Originally Posted by fritzl
you're on holiday with bill's wife...?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Dude.
While we are on the topic of product placement, gents, I present my espresso maker on primetime.
teacha.gif
Today: Reality bites...
IMG_1032.jpg
IMG_1034.jpg
Isaia, Charvet, Borelli, Etro, Prada, Persol MWSartorian, yes, it is Haleakala -- complete with altitude sickness... Aeglus, I really like your latest offering especially with the hair- got gumption -- those mean extra points in my book
fistbump.gif
. Nii, looking happy and trim (vs. jolly?) and good there. NYR, cute kid pic Gregaz, sorry to be late to the party but CONGRATS!

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-posted from the WAYGT (Where Are You Gardening Today) thread:

KirksFashionPhotos006-1.jpg

KirksFashionPhotos004.jpg

KirksFashionPhotos002.jpg

KirksFashionPhotos001-1.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD

But I like the rest.

Is the use of "-1" a first?

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger

Nicely done R

Originally Posted by ChaoticBliss
First post here. Still getting the hang of taking pictures of myself.
utf-8BT3V0Zml0LmpwZw.jpg

Welcome CB ... Very nice fit on the jacket. I dont know if the pants doesnt provide enough contrast, but it lets down the fit a bit.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I’d very much appreciate opinions on today’s color combination. (The shirt is peach/coral, by the way, regardless of what your monitor may be telling you.)

In particular, I suspect that the pocket square is a weak choice, but I couldn’t find anything in my collection that I liked better.

I think a brown or orange p/s to pick off the orange or complement the blue in the tie.

Originally Posted by MWSartorian
Very nice Dawg--glad you enjoyed your stay in Cincy. I grew up here and it's a very livable town, though certainly no Chi-town or bigger. Was that Nordstrom's you went to? Not as nice as bigger cities but we are excited nonetheless to have one--I work about a block West of there, dangerously close! And the boathouse (Montgomery Inn) is where my wife and I had our rehearsal dinner about 4 years ago (on Memorial Day--comin' up!). Did you make it up the hill to Mt. Adams?

Anyway, cool to see pics of Cincy on here--thanks for posting.

Ahem--back on point: great shirt!

Yes - that was the Nordstrom ... actually pretty nice. Their suit/sports coat selection was a little weak (Canali was the best i saw), but hey i found the Oliver Peoples i've been looking for forever, so good deal.

And we did make it up to Mt. Adams:
4c0408d6.jpg

Originally Posted by gnatty8
That tie is just fantastic, where'd you get it?

Brooks

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neofinitia
Aeglus, I really like your latest offering especially with the hair- got gumption -- those mean extra points in my book
fistbump.gif
NYR, cute kid pic

Haha, I already figured who would like it and who wouldn't, figured you'd be in the like camp
smile.gif

NYR definitely has the best use of "Totally Handsome".

Also you're looking good as but I'm still jealous of you being in amazing places, so I refuse to give you any extra complements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads