• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
End of the day crumplevision returns:

DSC01265.jpg
DSC01266.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw
Is that an AGA stove? Saw a special stove like that at Rats in the Grounds for Sculpture - a 'playground' for Sewall Johnson, sculptor.

T

Originally Posted by balder
That is one of the neatest and cleanest kitchens I have seen,they must have some great KP's.

molteni_presentation_5.jpg

It's a Molteni setup. And, the kitchen is, indeed, scrupiously clean...they wanted to show me everything and there were no rat traps.

Yet.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
3. Avoid Vox's opinions of neutrality, and make the digest by either failing miserably, or putting together some good fits consistantly.

I'll be monitoring closely.

Originally Posted by Xiaogou
^ Looks good, Prince of Boston!

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Despos
Would only change 6 things, but then I can only see the front.

Met your tailor, E.D. Good guy. He has a good point of VIEW

I assume that great photo of Mathew and you was shot before you made him eat kimchi.

Originally Posted by NOBD
There's more...

voxgreybuttons.jpg

Your buttoniferous dismay brings me great pleasure.

Originally Posted by Doral
I like this alot
worship.gif

Thank you for the kind words.

- B

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The essence of cool
bigstar[1].gif

Thank you sir! Love the way you pull off that hat!

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Sharp.
Cheers! Almost went with a different tie but figured I hadn't work this one in a long while....so...

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
<SNIP> - B
It's been said that you get left out of comments because your fits are so consistently good, but I would like to add - that your fits are especially great mindful of the fact that IMO, you're not an easy guy to fit. There was an example a while back of another athletic person who got extreme SF waist suppression and it just looked ridiculous. Your display of balance in light of this is quite remarkable.
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
<SNIP>
Dig the shoes! I bought a pair a while back, but they didn't fit me ...
Today dawned, as has the rest of the weekend, kinda crappy. Today's fit was an attempt at denial:
I really like your less is more aesthetic.
Originally Posted by dinted voice
From a wedding this weekend: Me and the Wife <SNIP>
This looks terrific - so clean and simple! Kudos on complimenting one another with dress, too.
Originally Posted by harry2quinn
Grad formal! I was really surprised at the range of looks... There were guys in white tie, black tie (several in bespoke), lounge suits and one guy in navy dress formal. Yeah... <SNIP>
Very nice fit on the DB.
Originally Posted by JPHardy
M-Day Lunch​
DSC_0883.jpg

Terrific combination!
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
At the 65th Anniversary of the end of the WW2. My grandfather was a tank commander in the Soviet Army and was a part of the final charge on Berlin. <SNIP> Grandpa - will be 85 this October.
smile.gif
13yjm2f.jpg

С благодарностью. Мой дед тоже ветеран, но увы ... не дожил. T34? BTW, some really neat photos here.
Originally Posted by TRINI
<SNIP>
The new light is doing your WONDERS! When are you going to rock that f/1.8 35mm ???
Originally Posted by edmorel
Shameless self promotion
Shirt collar look terrific ... really underscores the FAIL part of my personal efforts.​

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Ed, I wish you'd post better pics in natural light.

I know you do, that is why I post the bad light pics.
devil.gif

Originally Posted by gregaz
This weekend's efforts:

DSC_5019.jpg

I have the same hat.

Great fabric on the suit.

HappyCamper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus

I think you need to change your hair style to upgrade your look. And maybe add some glasses or something because your face is completely washed out unless it's just the sun playing tricks.

Well maybe your right, i have no idea wath to do with my hair. But i think it mostly the sun that make it look bad. I actualy wore some cheap way-farercopies with this during the day.

Yours truly
Happy Camper.

ajv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast

Bleary-eyed & casual... grabbed just a few hours sleep after watching the results come in overnight. Still managing to eke out a smile, sort of...
smile.gif

may07003.jpg

Shirt collar looks a tad large to me.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
You kid yourself, sir. Telling a man that the position of his belt buckle looks "stupid...Really stupid" is neither accurate nor even helpful; it's just mean-spirited. A more tactful person might have said that the buckle makes the wearer look off-balance or that it is distracting. Such observations are not only inoffensive, they're also meaningful and therefore useful.

More to the point, most people simply do not value criticism that is delivered in demeaning tones and language. And if your critique is not valued by its recipient, it will probably be dismissed regardless of how "accurately" it might have been conveyed.

Some very sensible lines...........

Adrian

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HappyCamper
Well maybe your right, i have no idea wath to do with my hair. But i think it mostly the sun that make it look bad. I actualy wore some cheap way-farercopies with this during the day.

Yours truly
Happy Camper.

I suggest you don't cut it like Aeglus' recent 'do however
wink.gif

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
niidawg, Nice casual look. Is that the Rib King restuart located on the river in Cincinnati? I ate there a couple of montha ago and the meal was great.

Montgomery Inn "The" Place for ribs in Cincinnati though, unless they have improved in the past decade, not great ribs IMO.

Nice look Doral.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
niidawg, Nice casual look. Is that the Rib King restuart located on the river in Cincinnati? I ate there a couple of montha ago and the meal was great.

It was called the Montgomery Inn - the recommendation of the concierge at the hotel we stayed at. It was on the river, so maybe its the same place with a name change?

Good stuff.

Thanks Agent5

Originally Posted by MJPond
Love this tie/PS combo!

Thanks ... interestingly i'm not really digging it after seeing the pics. But i appreciate your comment.

Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
4589553338_0a9a8f6888.jpg

Hodgman in a custom grey corduroy 3-piece, displaying Malort, the foulest liqueur known to man.

We had a blast!

Looks like it!! Hodgman looks dapper ... and +1 on the tie comment. Not something i'd imagine him wearing, but he pulls it off well.

Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Ribs FTW! I do miss living in Cincy!

Didnt know that C ... love me some ribs. Probably one of the many reason why i cant come down to a 40R ... lol.

Originally Posted by PandArts
Mom's Day:
moms-day-01.jpg

i like the casual look PandArts. Well played.

Originally Posted by NOBD
Even nii makes mistakes.

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

These sunglasses look great on you. Hope you got em
smile.gif

Sure did ... been hunting for them for a while too. Coming to a casual friday post near you ...

Originally Posted by calvinloke
You look like a very happy man, Nii. Well done!

Thank you Calvinloke.

[sappy post alert]I came from nothing so I try to enjoy myself no matter the circumstance(s). [/sappy post alert]

I don't dress up much but today I had a class with the bosses watching so I figured every little bit helps.

Looks good aeglus ... but you NEED a new haircut ... lol.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Your jacket looks great (other photos), but I'm not digging those braces, especially with that shirt. Guess it doesn't matter as long as you don't intend to remove the jacket? Also, it looks like the waistband buttons for the braces are very oddly placed. Not only is each pair of buttons set too close together, the pair on your right look closer together than the pair on your left. Could be just the camera angle, but I still think each pair ought to be set farther apart.

+1 on all accounts.

Originally Posted by Tibor
I have been Groovin' to 70's Deep Funk all night: a lot of Maceo & the Macks, and Fred Wesley & the J.B.'s, so you know I had to keep stylin' an extra wide brim. I went into the nightclub and a gentleman said "You remind me of a young Fred Astaire." That made my night

you definitely WEAR your clothes. bravo my man!!

Originally Posted by gregaz
This weekend's efforts:

DSC_4924.jpg

awesome fabric on the suit Greg. your shirt collar(s) look fine to me, but i understand this is SF, and we agonize over the minutest detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads