• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AHShadow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Thanks again dudes!

And yes, just spoke with Los Angeles today. EP's Rivet Chino's and Chambray Utility shirts are scheduled to ship tomorrow, so we plan to launch them at the end of next week. The Chino will come in Navy & British Khaki, and the Chambray Shirts will come in Red and Indigo. I'm really looking forward to these!

Awesome! I'll keep close attention so I wont miss out on these! Thanks!

PolePosition

Reaction score
Got my Smith jeans today. I really like the denim. I can tell it is going to be nice and soft once its broken in. I also like the striped pocket bags. I'm a fan of non-plain pocket bags. And the leather patch smells nice and leathery haha. I think this is the first time I've had a leather patch that actually had a smell to it, but I like it :p

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PolePosition
Got my Smith jeans today. I really like the denim. I can tell it is going to be nice and soft once its broken in. I also like the striped pocket bags. I'm a fan of non-plain pocket bags. And the leather patch smells nice and leathery haha. I think this is the first time I've had a leather patch that actually had a smell to it, but I like it :p

Excellent - really glad that you like them!

Our new Smith & Hoyt order is submitted and in-process. We've been selling these things like nuts in the store.

And as a quick update, we just put a few double-faced bowties online. This Octopus one is really coconuts:

4586544647_287b7cf347.jpg

Octopus / Seersucker Double Faced Bowtie: $45

4587168098_1a5b4d5e5a.jpg

Navy Glen Plaid / Black Houndstooth Double Faced Bowtie: $45

JGP.

Reaction score
Just wondering if there have been any photos taken of how EP's fade? Curious as to what the fading properties are as I am thinking about picking up a pair of Hoyt's but do not want a repeat of my impossible-to-fade Ande Whalls

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
Thanks again dudes!

And yes, just spoke with Los Angeles today. EP's Rivet Chino's and Chambray Utility shirts are scheduled to ship tomorrow, so we plan to launch them at the end of next week. The Chino will come in Navy & British Khaki, and the Chambray Shirts will come in Red and Indigo. I'm really looking forward to these!

Eagerly anticipating the arrival of the chinos. Is there a large fit difference between the chinos and trousers too?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Epaulet provided one of the few bright spots to my downer of a Cinco de Mayo. I arrived home to find a box of goodness at my front door. Contents of said goodness: the bordeaux poplin trousers and Hoyt indigo denim.

Let's start with the trousers:

My previous life as a Hypebeast paired with no need to wear dressier pants outside a couple of internships meant I'd never owned a flattering dress pant. Any trouser I owned came from places like JCPenney or Kohl's, which cemented my fate to own heinously cut dress pants. To expound: a pair I owned from several years ago had a hem of 9". Even worse, that was a bit of a tapered cut.

The improvement from those pants to the Epaulet poplin trouser is marked. No longer do I look like I could assist you with your technical problems at work. My pants actually flatter my lower half now. I'm not sure how long Mike has been studying patterns and such, but it's clear there's knowledge behind the homegrown products like the trousers.

The cut is slimming through the leg while maintaining the dignity of pant meant for the work environment. The thighs aren't bulbous, but still manage to accommodate my large thighs. And the top block is a real thing of beauty. My biggest concern was that the top block would leave nothing to the imagine when wrapped around my backside. Such was the problem with the WvG chinos that were otherwise great on me. Like the thighs, though, the top block is fitted without giving passerbys a free show. Indeed, someone would have to buy me drinks, dinner, and perhaps a horse and carriage ride if they wanted to get a more detailed picture. I breathed a sigh of relief when I looked at the mirror and saw that the fabric of the top block wasn't creating a vivid outline.

Fabric is also something to note. I didn't really know what to expect with regards to weight or feel of the pants themselves. I can say, though, that if you're looking for a summer pant in a striking color, either version of the poplin trouser is worth the coin. At first glance, I was concerned that the bold color of the bordeaux and the lightness of the fabric created a visual too similar to scrubs. That subsided, though, mostly because of the slim cut of the trousers.

I was contemplating picking up some slim-cut trousers of more standard colors (i.e. grey) from a joint like Uniqlo. But the cut on these Epaulet trousers is so spot on that it seems worth the extra money.

One question I did have is that I ordered the Walt version of the trouser. The tag on the pair I got is for the Rudy. But the measurements of the thigh (12.5") and the hem (8") correlate with the Walt measurements. I'm assuming this was just a case of the incorrect tag getting attached to the pants, right?

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I was contemplating picking up some slim-cut trousers of more standard colors (i.e. grey) from a joint like Uniqlo. But the cut on these Epaulet trousers is so spot on that it seems worth the extra money.

Story of my life.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JGP.
Just wondering if there have been any photos taken of how EP's fade? Curious as to what the fading properties are as I am thinking about picking up a pair of Hoyt's but do not want a repeat of my impossible-to-fade Ande Whalls

I'm working on it - I've been wearing my Hoyt's nearly every day for three weeks. This 12.25oz Cone Denim that we used for the contrast jeans is new, so there's not much in the way of evo pics, but I'll certainly post images of mine as they fade. They broke in very quickly, so I'm expecting a really good fade on them.

Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
Eagerly anticipating the arrival of the chinos. Is there a large fit difference between the chinos and trousers too?

No, the sizing will be pretty consistent. The Chino fit is similar to both the Smith Jean and the Walt trouser. If you fit in either of those, then these should be spot on. If you wear the larger models (Hoyt or Rudy), then I'm thinking that these will be cut a little too slim, but I'll see how the final sized production comes out next week. Provided that the rivet chino is a success, the we'll definitely look to offer it in a larger fit too.

Originally Posted by APK
Epaulet provided one of the few bright spots to my downer of a Cinco de Mayo. I arrived home to find a box of goodness at my front door. Contents of said goodness: the bordeaux poplin trousers and Hoyt indigo denim.

Let's start with the trousers:

My previous life as a Hypebeast paired with no need to wear dressier pants outside a couple of internships meant I'd never owned a flattering dress pant. Any trouser I owned came from places like JCPenney or Kohl's, which cemented my fate to own heinously cut dress pants. To expound: a pair I owned from several years ago had a hem of 9". Even worse, that was a bit of a tapered cut.

The improvement from those pants to the Epaulet poplin trouser is marked. No longer do I look like I could assist you with your technical problems at work. My pants actually flatter my lower half now. I'm not sure how long Mike has been studying patterns and such, but it's clear there's knowledge behind the homegrown products like the trousers.

The cut is slimming through the leg while maintaining the dignity of pant meant for the work environment. The thighs aren't bulbous, but still manage to accommodate my large thighs. And the top block is a real thing of beauty. My biggest concern was that the top block would leave nothing to the imagine when wrapped around my backside. Such was the problem with the WvG chinos that were otherwise great on me. Like the thighs, though, the top block is fitted without giving passerbys a free show. Indeed, someone would have to buy me drinks, dinner, and perhaps a horse and carriage ride if they wanted to get a more detailed picture. I breathed a sigh of relief when I looked at the mirror and saw that the fabric of the top block wasn't creating a vivid outline.

Fabric is also something to note. I didn't really know what to expect with regards to weight or feel of the pants themselves. I can say, though, that if you're looking for a summer pant in a striking color, either version of the poplin trouser is worth the coin. At first glance, I was concerned that the bold color of the bordeaux and the lightness of the fabric created a visual too similar to scrubs. That subsided, though, mostly because of the slim cut of the trousers.

One question I did have is that I ordered the Walt version of the trouser. The tag on the pair I got is for the Rudy. But the measurements of the thigh (12.5") and the hem (8") correlate with the Walt measurements. I'm assuming this was just a case of the incorrect tag getting attached to the pants, right?

Thanks for the write-up Alex - I'm really glad that you like the trousers! I wanted to make something that not only fits well, but wears well too. You'll get a lot of good use out of them. I can imagine an ass-kicking combo of those Bordeaux pants with our Multi-Gingham shirt.

Originally Posted by thenanyu
Story of my life.

I'm happy to tell you that Nan is officially pimp of the year when it comes to Walt trousers.

vthustle

Reaction score
Mike,

Just wanted to say how awesome all the stuff on this thread looks. Unfortunately, as a broke college student, I'm not able to afford anything right now haha. I was really eyeing the Vanson jacket, but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. Oh well...

On another note...

There's a decent possibility that I'll be working a landscape architecture internship in NYC this summer, but I'd be staying in Brooklyn with a friend. My question is: Is there any chance that you might need some help around the shop this summer? I'd be more than willing to trade my services in exchange for some of your knowledge. I really admire the way you run your business, just from all the positive things I've read in this thread. Just throwing it out there. And you can definitely count on a future customer, once I've got a steady cash flow
smile.gif

laughter95

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vthustle
Mike,

Just wanted to say how awesome all the stuff on this thread looks. Unfortunately, as a broke college student, I'm not able to afford anything right now haha. I was really eyeing the Vanson jacket, but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. Oh well...

On another note...

There's a decent possibility that I'll be working a landscape architecture internship in NYC this summer, but I'd be staying in Brooklyn with a friend. My question is: Is there any chance that you might need some help around the shop this summer? I'd be more than willing to trade my services in exchange for some of your knowledge. I really admire the way you run your business, just from all the positive things I've read in this thread. Just throwing it out there. And you can definitely count on a future customer, once I've got a steady cash flow
smile.gif

go hokies i love the a+d building

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vthustle
Mike,

On another note...

smile.gif

Thanks, and sure thing - we're always on the lookout. Drop me a resume
smile.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We just put two new short sleeve Epaulet shirts online. Each of these "Japanese Madras" plaids are done in a blend of 85% cotton, 8% linen, and 7% Ramie.

Ramie is an Eastern Asian flowering plant whose fibers are renown for their ability to hold shape, reduce wrinkling, and give off a subtle lustre. When combined with cotton and linen, the finished product is very crisp and breathable and has a hand that's soft like cotton madras but dry like linen. The shirt is really comfortable but still polished. They've both got buttondown collars and chest pockets.

4599472447_4c860fca47.jpg

Cream/Red Japanese Madras Short Sleeve: $110

4600091140_9dc7f1f5e4.jpg

Grape/Goldenrod Japanese Madras Short Sleeve: $110

harryc

Reaction score
****. I waited for payday and now the chambray walts in size 30 are all gone.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harryc
****. I waited for payday and now the chambray walts in size 30 are all gone.

No worries - we've got 3 more units coming in that size. They should be delivered in about 7-10 days. If you like, I can take a paid pre-order for them - just drop me a PM.

harryc

Reaction score
No worries - we've got 3 more units coming in that size. They should be delivered in about 7-10 days. If you like, I can take a paid pre-order for them - just drop me a PM.

inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads