• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody Been Bitten by a Dog Lately?

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i still think you should have the guy pay for your bills though. not sue, but just ask him to pay that couple hundred back.

it is only proper, even in the light of civility you have about the whole thing, which is cool.

I would agree with this. I hate that it happened and idiots like this should not own dogs, as I blame the owner, not the dog. That being said, I'd hate that the dog would have to be put to sleep for this, but it may be necessary depending on the level and frequency of aggressive behavior. The county should have a record of rabies vaccinations (no matter where the shot was given).

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Yikes. Glad to hear you're OK, relatively speaking. Here's hoping you're in the clear with the rabies stuff;

+1000

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nomed
**** I get bit all the time, have a strange fascination with fighting animals... I see pit pull off leash, and it's ON!
facepalm.gif
Michael Vick, is that you?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
I would agree with this. I hate that it happened and idiots like this should not own dogs, as I blame the owner, not the dog. That being said, I'd hate that the dog would have to be put to sleep for this, but it may be necessary depending on the level and frequency of aggressive behavior. The county should have a record of rabies vaccinations (no matter where the shot was given).

County apparently only has records if we know the rabies tag number. Weird I know, but that's why they have to go the quarantine route.

Thanks for all the well wishes though, I appreciate it. I hate that every time I run now, whether in the city or country, I am scanning backyards and when I see what looks like an unleashed dog, I slow down so as to not attract attention. I will start carrying pepper spray, and if another dog tries to bite me, I will mace it, and finish it off as quickly as I can however I can, no ITG. Hate to say it, but once is enough.

BP348

Reaction score
Glad you're OK

I've been bit a few times. For a while I was going to a private Catholic college and part of the degree plan was that you had to do like 80 hours of community service. I chose to do mine at the pound. I don't regret it.

I'm a big dog person and I don't agree with the suing part or the put the dog down part but I agree that the owner should pay the medical bills.

In my experience I've had more problems with smaller dogs then big dogs.

v.freeman

Reaction score
I got bit last summer while running also. Chances of getting rabies are pretty low, but still makes you paranoid as hell. Definitely psyched me out for a good week. Not pleasant.

paraiso

Reaction score
Good job for getting vaccinated. I know too many people who don't give a **** whether their animals are vaccinated or not. And I wouldn't advise running with earphones on despite the fact that I'm a huge Blondie fan. Dogs and muggers like it that you're not paying attention. This whole thing could've been avoided if you'd just turned around and squared up to the dog and shooed him away.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
I have been attacked by dogs twice and once had to defend my dogs. If you stay calm and put a finger in the eye or hold their thrashing throat in a firm grip-they will lay off. If this happens to them more than once they will learn not to do it, basically the same way a shock collar works. Remember, you are much, much, more dangerous than the dog is. Advantage: intelligence and opposable thumbs. Doesn't matter how big the dog, if you don't freak out you will win easily win without hurting the dog too much.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
meh, I may just get a concealed carry permit, seems like that might be the safest route..

legit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
meh, I may just get a concealed carry permit, seems like that might be the safest route..

Just go the Rick Perry route... I have the same gun he used (for my summer carry) for killing the coyote. I haven't ever run with it, but it is small enough that it wouldn't be a big deal if I wanted to. Of course I live in the same city as Rick, so I guess my chances are the same as his to have this type of encounter.

I've been lucky to never have a dog chase me through a neighborhood yet, but I guess it only takes once.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_554397.html

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by legit
Just go the Rick Perry route... I have the same gun he used (for my summer carry) for killing the coyote. I haven't ever run with it, but it is small enough that it wouldn't be a big deal if I wanted to. Of course I live in the same city as Rick, so I guess my chances are the same as his to have this type of encounter.

I've been lucky to never have a dog chase me through a neighborhood yet, but I guess it only takes once.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_554397.html

I just may, this jogging stuff is a dangerous business..

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Attacked by my own family dog (though grown, we didn't have it for more than a few months and it was chained). Though it was my fault - walked toward a guard dog with chicken bones in my hand, well it ripped through the chains and jumped on me. Had to take multiple shots for rabies. They took away the dog and I never found out what happened to it.

A few years ago while in college, I was walking to work one day and was chased by this pit bull/rottweiler some hicks kept at their house near my apartment. Had to run 30-40 yards to a house and luckily it's front door wasn't locked. The dog stood there in front of the glass doors until a car showed up and I could bolt into it. I called animal control once I was in the clear but I'm not sure what happened to the dog.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only little children, never dogs.

brlfvr

Reaction score
My douchebag neighbor lets his pit bull roam out front when he is cutting his grass. My concern is a little kid walking by. I've already seen him go after another dog.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man...I thought this was going to be the start of a great zombie thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads