• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
That's right.
frown.gif

seems to be going around. ppllzz complained of this today and I had a recommendation
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=179298

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
everything wrong with MC can be found in the poasts of bowtielover. (peep sig)

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
It's a process. Also I actually want armor for winter wear. I could look at Iron Heart or Samurai heavy stuff but they don't exist here and I'm so sick of buying jeans online where I have no idea how it's going to fit. Unfortunately my only real options here are edwin, n&f, pbj (which I don't like the fit of), APC and a whoooole lot of nudies.

I don't think I'd have a problem with chafing but they're definitely stiff as ****. N&F makes kevlar denim too, but those won't actually stop a bullet, I'm not sure but I think the 24oz actually might.

21 oz is as far up as I would ever recommend going. I feel a 24oz would start to adversely affect fit, etc. as well....

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to read MC and it's good for the information about cloth, construction, fabric etc but there are only a few good dressers there most just buy crazy expensive marked down stuff off B&S and smash it all together in WAYWT like marsupialed kids playing with playdoh

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
21 oz is as far up as I would ever recommend going. I feel a 24oz would start to adversely affect fit, etc. as well....
I tried them on and the fit is on point, though the stacks definitely look stiff as ****. I dunno, I'm tempted to try it out and see how it goes. I can't imagine they'd stretch a whole lot either which is one of the main things dissuading me from buying Dutils for the summer, those things will probably end up a full size bigger than they started.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a process. Also I actually want armor for winter wear. I could look at Iron Heart or Samurai heavy stuff but they don't exist here and I'm so sick of buying jeans online where I have no idea how it's going to fit. Unfortunately my only real options here are edwin, n&f, pbj (which I don't like the fit of), APC and a whoooole lot of nudies.

I don't think I'd have a problem with chafing but they're definitely stiff as ****. N&F makes kevlar denim too, but those won't actually stop a bullet, I'm not sure but I think the 24oz actually might.

If I were in Vancouver, I would just go with Wings+Horns (Roden Gray) or maybe Simon Miller (er, that store on a wierd 3 point corner, in Gastown near Dutil.) Above about 15 ounces (up to which point you get a nice, hefty feeling), it's diminishing returns. Doesn't some place sell 3Sixteen as well?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Roden doesn't carry any jeans, they will have Simon Miller and W+H in in July, though unsure of what the cuts will be in W+H because apparently they're changing them. I don't know of anywhere selling 3sixteen here, but if anyone DOES know, tell me, because if there's another legit denim place in Vantown I wanna know about it.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
If I were in Vancouver, I would just go with Wings+Horns (Roden Gray) or maybe Simon Miller (er, that store on a wierd 3 point corner, in Gastown near Dutil.) Above about 15 ounces (up to which point you get a nice, hefty feeling), it's diminishing returns. Doesn't some place sell 3Sixteen as well?

Or, just take a little trip to Seattle. Field House carries RRL (great jeans for the price) and LVC; Blackbird's main store carries 3Sixteen, APC, Simon Miller, Wings+Horns, and I think, Tellason; Jack Straw Filaments carries Gilded Age. Er, and if you can get an appointment with Jay (Blue Owl), he has Kicking Mule Workshop and Sugarcane (the Japanese brands I'm not sure will fit well).

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
How about Lark? They have Chimala, Gilded Age, and LVC. It's an interesting store too.
Been meaning to drop in there to check out a Billykirk bag. But denimwise, not that interesting to me. Chimala is okay. What I would like is for someone to carry Skull, Samurai, Somet, Flat Head, SDA, Iron Heart, to a lesser extent 3sixteen or imperial. Any of that. If I had the opportunity to actually try on some skulls or somets for sizing, I'd probably buy them on the spot, but unless I'm going to see Kiya or to BiG in New York (or Japan I guess), I'm SOL I think.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I want the kevlar denim to wear on my motorcycle.
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
can't believe i used to ******* read MC
i did too. People are a little nicer there. but weird.
Originally Posted by Big Pun
everything wrong with MC can be found in the poasts of bowtielover. (peep sig)
that guy's an idiot.
Originally Posted by Razele
I used to read MC and it's good for the information about cloth, construction, fabric etc but there are only a few good dressers there most just buy crazy expensive marked down stuff off B&S and smash it all together in WAYWT like marsupialed kids playing with playdoh

Are you kidding? there's heaps of sick fits on MC. It's a bit of a uniform in that not many do anything outrageous, but some of the fits there are ******* sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads