• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bravo340
Wait, is it the double FIH, but they pull the tie through the first loop (that's why we can see a bit of that first loop)? I hope someone understands what I mean.
Yes, I believe that's what you're seeing in each of these photos.

inverse

Reaction score
found an old suit, hows the fit?
fitm.jpg

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What knot is this? It's not FIH or double FIH. What is it?

Wait, is it the double FIH, but they pull the tie throught the first loop (that's why we can see a bit of that first loop)? I hope someone understands what I mean.

double FIH

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by inverse
found an old suit, hows the fit?

fitm.jpg

Looks good, try to have 3 roll 2 or 3 roll 2.5 instead of 3 button.

vincerich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
That's not because of the "big ass" (FYI, one can't work out to make one's ass bigger). It's because he has a small waist and that suit must have quite a lot of waist suppression, hence the bottom of the jacket "sits" on his waist -> the bottom flare out. He need to loose the waist out a bit.

Spoken like a true "Newb" to the gym

vincerich

Reaction score
These were originally posted in WAYWRN thread:

I figured this would be the best place to ask this: What knot is this? It's not FIH or double FIH. What is it?

Wait, is it the double FIH, but they pull the tie throught the first loop (that's why we can see a bit of that first loop)? I hope someone understands what I mean.

When I saw those pictures, I immediately focussed in on the tie. My exact thought was, "that's a sh*tty looking knot." Little did I know, your post was an inquiry about the knot type. PLEASE, don't use that knot.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vincerich
When I saw those pictures, I immediately focussed in on the tie. My exact thought was, "that's a sh*tty looking knot." Little did I know, your post was an inquiry about the knot type. PLEASE, don't use that knot.

I happen to love that knot.

bob_loblaw

Reaction score
Does the King Edward unbuttoned bottom button rule apply to denim jackets?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
Oh yes you can build up the glutes. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/planet46.htm Complaining about big butts are pretty common for guys that dead,squat instead of focussing on the mirror lifts like benching.
Exercises make your glutes toner, reduce cellulite, reduce fat, never bigger. Want it to be bigger? eat more fat. Also, what the heck is "dead squat"? you mean dead lift? Dead lift pays more attention to hamstring than glute (since the weight is in front), unless you do those modified version that doesn't require you to go all the way down.
Originally Posted by vincerich
Spoken like a true "Newb" to the gym
Oh, stupid.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Exercises make your glutes toner, reduce cellulite, reduce fat, never bigger. Want it to be bigger? eat more fat. Also, what the heck is "dead squat"? you mean dead lift? Dead lift pays more attention to hamstring than glute (since the weight is in front), unless you do those modified version that doesn't require you to go all the way down.

Oh, stupid.

Why wouldn't an excercise designed to target your glutes NOT build those muscles?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Why wouldn't an excercise designed to target your glutes NOT build those muscles?
Simple explanation: you gain muscle mass, but lose fat. However, the amount of fat loss is most likely to be more than the muscle mass gain -> the butt actually gets slightly smaller. Now, technically, you can't do spot reduction. However, glute exercises are one of the more difficult one to get bigger muscle. So by the time you gain mass on your glute muscle, you lose a lot of fat too. Also note that fat and cellulite are mostly at the bottom part of your gluteus maximus muscle, when your butt muscle gets bigger, you lose fat -> the effect looks like the buttock gets lifted up -> exactly what most people want even though your butt never get "lifted". It just lose mass at the bottom, and gain mass at the top part.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's like saying you can't build any other muscle up. Not to mention plenty of people are already low fat and don't have a lot of fat to lose.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/932...EC8AA369C8A9FE

That's not fat.

Then we get to the point that big butt is a relative term. If you drop fat you lose it all over. Your waist gets smaller. Making the butt relativing bigger. My hip to waist ratio is .66667 . My butt isn't even that big relative to others.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
That's like saying you can't build any other muscle up. Not to mention plenty of people are already low fat and don't have a lot of fat to lose. http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/932...EC8AA369C8A9FE That's not fat. Then we get to the point that big butt is a relative term. If you drop fat you lose it all over. Your waist gets smaller. Making the butt relativing bigger. My hip to waist ratio is .66667 . My butt isn't even that big relative to others.
There are only 2 groups of muscle that the more you exercise correctly and eat correctly, the smaller (but toner) they get: glute and abs. Why only these 2? They are the main areas where fat accumulated. Other muscle groups grow like normal. Also, can't see your link. PS: I will not continue arguing about this anymore. This is not a place.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bob_loblaw
Does the King Edward unbuttoned bottom button rule apply to denim jackets?
That rule does not apply to outerwear.

shonkee

Reaction score
Generally interested in the Suits etc thats he is seen wearing and who makes them, but of particular interest is the boxing 'Hoodie' etc. Anyone know a name of a distributor or any additional info ?

Many Thx

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads