• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Floyd Money Mayweather vs Sugar Shane Mosley

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
No, even as a manny hater I don't think he's on anything. His ignorance is costing him his image though. If he still refuses to draw blood after the Nevada Athletic State Commission changes the rules just for him then I'll have no choice but to think he's on the ****.

I think Floyd purposely took his time in the locker room to get back at Mosley's team for originally stalling the fight. Mosley's trainer was so obsessed with staying in Floyd's locker forever to make sure the handwraps were legit, and that made him late to wrap Mosley's hands. The whole thing stalled the fight for everyone including $.

Anyways, I don't expect the fight to happen. Floyd's fight on Saturday probably outsold emmanuel's "Firepower" by high numbers, and pacquiao has a life outside of boxing. He's running for some politicial position this month. If he gets it we can say goodbye.

On a lighter note did anyone else watch the Saul Alvarez undercard?
canelo-alvarez-456-100809.jpg

He's only 19, but I'm already a fan.

*Knows how to fight off the ropes

*Good composure

*Has good defense

*Somewhat elusive

*Full of patience

*Excellent timing

*Willing to counter by picking his shots

He reminds me of a blend of Cotto and Mayweather, but moar Cotto. They predict him to be the next great cholo of Mexico. A trainer like Roger Mayweather would have a field day with this kid. I can see the shoulder roll and lead right hands all day on him.

i was very impressed with that kid,although makes me wonder what would have happened if someone a bit better the cottos brother was all over him in that first round.but at 19 i will give him a pass..especially since he came back quite nicely (although that stoppage was a bit hasty)

did you catch what larry called his jab?
Cinammon stick...get it

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
In whose eyes, the people who were Manny haters in the first place? I guarantee that for most Pacquiao fans, it's Floyd who looks like the petty guy trying to duck the fight.
Why wouldn't emmanuel fans think Floyd is ducking their hero?
facepalm.gif
Most people are blaming emmanuel now for refusing to prove he's clean when he has the chance.
Originally Posted by frenchy
i was very impressed with that kid,although makes me wonder what would have happened if someone a bit better the cottos brother was all over him in that first round.but at 19 i will give him a pass..especially since he came back quite nicely (although that stoppage was a bit hasty) did you catch what larry called his jab? Cinammon stick...get it
El Canelo. I see his height being rough for him in the next few years. He's already fighting as a welterweight, but he's only 5 ft 9. He's only 19, so he has about 3 moar years to grow. I'm impressed with his composure.
Originally Posted by furo
How does a redhead become the next "cholo of mexico?" This kid looks like he just stepped off the streets of South Boston.
He's not a white boy. He's a Mexican that looks special.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
You still don't have any answer for pac making his own rules by forcing Cotto to put up his belt for a CATCHWEIGHT bout. You seem to value what the sanctioning bodies say a lot. Why did emmanuel bend the welterweight range set down by a major boxing sanctioning body? Why was it okay for the challenger to lay down the law onto the champ?
hey, if Cotto said yes, then who cares? Cotto saw that dropping to a catchweight to fight Manny was a bigger pay day than any other fight he could have taken at welter, and accepted the fight accordingly. He would have been well within his rights to say no to the fight, pointing to the sanctioning body's weight range, and say 'you wanna fight at welter, get your ass to Burger King.' He didn't...he accepted a 2 lb drop to a catchweight and put his belt on the line - presumably for the payday, and that's the end of that - just as Manny is well with his rights to decline completely mandatory testing demanded by an opponent for no reason other than to **** with his head.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
hey, if Cotto said yes, then who cares? Cotto saw that dropping to a catchweight to fight Manny was a bigger pay day than any other fight he could have taken at welter, and accepted the fight accordingly. He would have been well within his rights to say no to the fight, pointing to the sanctioning body's weight range, and say 'you wanna fight at welter, get your ass to Burger King.' He didn't...he accepted a 2 lb drop to a catchweight and put his belt on the line - presumably for the payday, and that's the end of that - just as Manny is well with his rights to decline completely mandatory testing demanded by an opponent for no reason other than to **** with his head.
facepalm.gif
, that was not the point of my post. Anyone is free to back off if they don't agree to the terms. The point was that Mayweather isn't the only person who asks for ridiculous demands. It's not new. Mike Tyson made Holyfield go through extra drug testing back in the days. Oscar de La Hoya forced Mayweather to wear Cleto Reyes which has much less padding around the knuckles knowing that $ has brittle hands. Emmanuel pacquiao put in his own demands in the past as you can see above there. He even wants $10mil for each pound Mayweather potentially comes in overweight, when have you ever heard of someone getting such a ridiculous amount of cash to fight an overweight opponent? Emmanuel can also make much moar dinero with Floyd than he can anyone else, so maybe he should just take the drug tests. He wanted a 24 day cut off from blood testing, but if the comission implements it then the cut off day would most likely be a much smaller number. What will he do then? Quit boxing?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Emmanuel can also make much moar dinero with Floyd than he can anyone else, so maybe he should just take the drug tests.
what does he want that for?

you keep treating him like an American. He isn't one. He isn't a loudmouth. And he isn't a money chaser.

A few extra mil makes no difference to him, he already has more than he can spend in a lifetime living on a beach somewhere in the Philippines. Hell, he has more than enough to take a whole island for himself...so what does one more fight add to that?

He's been talking about retiring anyhow, going into politics - you think he would be doing that for the huge increase in his standard of living? Of course not. A purse won't be the reason he gets into the ring with Mayweather, that one will be about face.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
what does he want that for? you keep treating him like an American. He isn't one. He isn't a loudmouth. And he isn't a money chaser. A few extra mil makes no difference to him, he already has more than he can spend in a lifetime living on a beach somewhere in the Philippines. Hell, he has more than enough to take a whole island for himself...so what does one more fight add to that? He's been talking about retiring anyhow, going into politics - you think he would be doing that for the huge increase in his standard of living? Of course not. A purse won't be the reason he gets into the ring with Mayweather, that one will be about face.
facepalm.gif
You brought up Cotto bending over to get his biggest payday as a reason for why Cotto accepted a ridiculous demand, so that's why I brought up Floyd being pacquiao's biggest payday. If he's not in it for the money, then he's in it for the legacy? Mayweather not only happens to be his biggest payday, but also his biggest legacy enhancer. I'd give him credit just for signing to fight Floyd. No one gets hit in the face for free by guys who can put out farm animals with their punches. There are no angels about $ in boxing.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Right - cos Cotto wanted that money....Manny doesn't especially want the Floyd money - it makes minimal difference to his future. Never said he'd take it for free, and of course it will be his biggest payday, the PPV buys ensure that, and the people around him (as big a clusterfuck as his entourage are) are fully aware of that....but ya - a Floyd fight is about his legacy - and he is more than willing to fight Floyd, but Floyd is putting bullshit headgames in front of him that he has no interest in playing, and no obligation whatsoever to agree to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads