• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

laughter95

Reaction score
I'm just surprised that the shirt pulls a little at the third button down. The last time I've come across a shirt that fits this tightly was in Asia.

At least the shoulders are just right.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excited to receive my Walt chambrays and ice ginghams

SeventyFive

Reaction score
How much do the Smith jeans end up stretching? I'm sure this has been covered before but I'm sucking at searching tonight.

Mirrorball

Reaction score
Everybody should seriously support this shop. I just received my black double faced shirt in Size L today and the fit is perfect. Absolutely perfect. I wouldnt add or take even a 1/4 inch from anywhere on it. The construction quality is outstanding. I am seriously impressed by the business Mike and Adele are running. I have about 30 online stores in my bookmarks and Epaulet comes out on top in every comparison category. Great website with many pics and large size and good lighting, great descriptions, detailed measurements. great communication by email, fast shipping, packed really well, good prices, etc etc.

I have bought from many stores over the last few years but i think Epaulet is going to be my new goto store for a lot of things. i can tell these guys actually give a **** about what they are doing and it is vey refreshing to see.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1
Epaulet kicks some serious ass

Originally Posted by Mirrorball
Everybody should seriously support this shop. I just received my black double faced shirt in Size L today and the fit is perfect. Absolutely perfect. I wouldnt add or take even a 1/4 inch from anywhere on it. The construction quality is outstanding. I am seriously impressed by the business Mike and Adele are running. I have about 30 online stores in my bookmarks and Epaulet comes out on top in every comparison category. Great website with many pics and large size and good lighting, great descriptions, detailed measurements. great communication by email, fast shipping, packed really well, good prices, etc etc.

I have bought from many stores over the last few years but i think Epaulet is going to be my new goto store for a lot of things. i can tell these guys actually give a **** about what they are doing and it is vey refreshing to see.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
just received my creme double-faced shirt. does anyone else think that their shirt is darted a little too much? and the box pleat on the back + back darts combo might be a little strange-- the top half of the back of the shirt has a semi-parachute while the bottom half is pulled in quite closely.

i'm also thinking about the shirt tail in the back-- it looks to be 2 inches longer than the front. if you're wearing a button-down shirt untucked, should the back tail be the same length as the front?

i'm not sure how i feel about the shirt.

Thanks for picking up a shirt! The longer rear tail is a nod to traditional shirt tailoring. You'll notice that most shirts with a curved tail have this - and our length differential is comparable to brands like Gitman Vintage. It's a functional consideration for wearing the shirt tucked in while seated, but I think it looks great untucked too.

The overall length of our shirts work off the rack for most of our customers, but I do have quite a few who routinely have the tails taken up. If you've never done it, then definitely give it a shot. They'll be able to easily and cheaply dial in the perfect length, and it's a worthwhile investment when you get a quality shirt.

And, of course, I know that our shirt specs don't fit everyone, so if you have second thoughts about the overall fit, then you can absolutely return it for a full refund. No problem at all.

Originally Posted by PolePosition
Just placed my order for the new Smith jeans!

Thank you! Please let me know what you think when they arrive.

Originally Posted by edubs01
Excited to receive my Walt chambrays and ice ginghams

You're going to be flossing those Ice Ginghams something hard this Spring! Philly ain't ready.

Originally Posted by SeventyFive
How much do the Smith jeans end up stretching? I'm sure this has been covered before but I'm sucking at searching tonight.

I've worn the Hoyt's for about two weeks now, and I've had almost no stretching in the waist - about an 1/8" inch so far. I cold-water washed them on the first day to shrink the inseam.

All denim stretches a bit as it fully breaks in. But overall, this particular Cone Denim has a great structure, and you shouldn't expect any crazy stretching with it.

Originally Posted by tigerFormula
Mike,
Can you post the knee measurements for the new jeans? Knee measurements really affect fit.

Thanks

Sure, we can do that. Is there a standard SF/SuFu method for measuring knees? Is it a set number of inches down from the crotch seam?

Originally Posted by Mirrorball

Thank you so much - we really appreciate it!

AHShadow

Reaction score
Hey Mike! If I recall, you're supposed to have some chino/jeans soon right? I was wandering since I wanted a pair and was waiting to see how yours are going to be. I missed out on the club collars and definitely don't want to miss out on these!

Thanks.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks again dudes!

Originally Posted by AHShadow
Hey Mike! If I recall, you're supposed to have some chino/jeans soon right? I was wandering since I wanted a pair and was waiting to see how yours are going to be. I missed out on the club collars and definitely don't want to miss out on these!

Thanks.

And yes, just spoke with Los Angeles today. EP's Rivet Chino's and Chambray Utility shirts are scheduled to ship tomorrow, so we plan to launch them at the end of next week. The Chino will come in Navy & British Khaki, and the Chambray Shirts will come in Red and Indigo. I'm really looking forward to these!

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Is there a standard SF/SuFu method for measuring knees? Is it a set number of inches down from the crotch seam?
13" from the crotch is the de facto standard, per the BiG guide.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vaitek
Ditto on the praise of this place. I've dealt with Mike via email and on the phone a few times and he's been nothing but helpful and patient.

Just to pile on....Mike has given me his time and experience when it had nothing to do with what he was selling. No drama on this thread for a reason.

Adubz

Reaction score
Hi Mike, I have never purchased an Epaulet shirt before but it seems like the EP red chambray utility will be the very first one. I do have a noob question though, if I wear a L in Band of Outsiders shirts and M in Engineered Garments, what size should I purchase for an Epaulet shirt due to the slim fit? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads