• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fat-t**ted princess appreciation threak

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Neither one of those F***ers is British. But at least VKK doesn't try to be British. VKK is a bigger hick than you and I combined T. He used to live in *gulp*.... Atlanta

This, I cannot agree with. We are far bigger hicks than VKK. Trust me on this one.

VKK is a gentleman and a scholar and is on a first-name basis with most of the bartenders in London. VKK, in fact, ought to be in the Dos Equis commercials: he makes their current spokesman look like the love child of Edina and Neo v_7.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
This, I cannot agree with. We are far bigger hicks than VKK. Trust me on this one.

VKK is a gentleman and a scholar and is on a first-name basis with most of the bartenders in London. VKK, in fact, ought to be in the Dos Equis commercials: he makes their current spokesman look like the love child of Edina and Neo v_7.

I'll give you that. But Atlanta still sucks, right?
cheers.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I'll give you that. But Atlanta still sucks, right?
cheers.gif

oh, hellz yeah.

Although, I have to give them props for inventing an alcoholic Dr. Pepper. That, and VKK, are the ATL's two towering achievements to humanity.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
Do tell....

I haven't told this one already? I'm shocked. I could have sworn I told this one at least a couple of times by now. Mrs. T and the little one already tell me I repeat my stories, so I figured I'd leave well enough alone, but ah well.

So we're in the ATL in 1994 on a consulting trip. There are 10 or so of us, there for the week, bunch of damn tourists we were, and we go the Cheesecake Factory, cause we're dumb and don't know any better, and I don't think they had made it down to Texas by that time, so it was unique and exotic to us. We order drinks and most of us boozed it up pretty heavily back in the day, except for this one guy: Shawn. Shawn would not touch booze, no matter what, and strangely enough he never caught any flack for that. Very friendly, personable, couldn't hate on the guy, and so it went that he always ordered soft drinks when he was on the road.

So he orders a Dr. Pepper, because that's what he drank back home in Texas.

Turned out...back then, the only reliable way to get a Dr. Pepper (soft drink) outside of Texas was at a Taco Bell, because they had it shipped to all their stores. A lot of other places just didn't carry it. And somehow, along with our beers and mixed drinks, out comes a glass of dark cola-looking fizzy beverage. Shawn takes a drink and makes a funny look..."hmmm, this tastes weird - does this have alcohol?" The waiter said, yes it does - it was a mixed drink for them. They didn't get the soft-drink version, so a bartender pulled one together.

It blew our minds. We all tasted it, agreed that it was alcoholic, and that it was pretty damn close. Shawn ended up drinking water that evening, and someone else took the Dr. Pepper. Here's the kicker: some of us might have considered asking the waiter to make his with alcohol, but that's the sort of thing we would confess to in mid-dinner. No one ever confessed to mucking with his drink, not even years later.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am an enigma. A multilayered racially / nationally ambiguous enigma.

K

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I am drunk.

K

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I :love: Thomas

K

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I
inlove.gif
Thomas

K

edit: and I
inlove.gif
Kwilk
and f@ck you Atlanta
and I am not British
but I love Engrand
and maybe Edina
and beer
wooo

shademore

Reaction score
Not much to hang our hats on here in the good old USA royalty wise...

0905_sarah_palin_bikini_00.jpg

but just you wait.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads