• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pictures of cars that you like.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Third generation Mazda RX-7. By far the prettiest car to ever have come out of Japan.
modern-rx7.jpg
99poster1.jpg
rx7typerbrathurstrside.jpg

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Not the best looking car - but undoubtedly cool, an original AMG Hammer with 21,000km's on the clock, for about $60K: (this thing cost like $300K in Japan when new)
http://ucar.autos.yahoo.co.jp/detail...00CU0003804814

I drove one of those when I was 16. Got it up to 130mph on the highway before I chickened out. Drug dealer/rich kid friend of mine owned it.

runner-guy

Reaction score
Aston Martin Vanquish
aston_martin_vanquish.jpg

1965 Mustang Convertible
1965%20Mustang%20Convertible.jpg

Audi R8
white-audi-r8.jpg

Cadillac XLR
XLR-640.jpg

epb

Reaction score
jakejake;3189598 said:
Originally Posted by runner-guy
Aston Martin Vanquish
Love that one. How reliable is it?

From what I've heard, not bad for its ilk. Still it's strange - Rolls-Royce made their name initially by touting reliability and quality. In an age where your typical automobile was about as reliable as a weather forecast, they were known to keep running no matter what. A Rolls-Royce never broke down, it "failed to proceed" and that rarely. You expected more from high end car makers like Aston Martin, Rolls-Royce, Mercedes-Benz.

Now, its the cheap end of the spectrum that's reliable. The more expensive a car is, the more problematic we expect it to be, and in a perverse twist of reasoning, people are actually dissed for complaining about unreliable exotics. "You should be able to afford it" is the usual cry, rather than "For $200k, the damn thing should run better than a freaking Yaris."

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Some truly nice vehicles here, guys. And now for a retro-US muscle car:

SRT8.jpg

burnout.jpg

God forgive them on the automatic, but I do believe a manual is now offered.

inside.jpg

Dodge-Challenger-SRT8-2009-Front-Angle-570x406.jpg

I couldn't find a good shot of the new green, but I like it.

runner-guy

Reaction score
Most Dodges and Chryslers are pretty unremarkable in my opinion, but the new Challenger is really nice.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jakejake;3189598 said:
Originally Posted by runner-guy
Aston Martin Vanquish
aston_martin_vanquish.jpg
Love that one. How reliable is it?

While we are asking important questions, how much legroom does it have? Actually dislike the fog lights and wheels on this one.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Automotive sex...
C.jpg
Bold, innovative Gallic chic...
CitroenDS_blu.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Prince

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Really like the Alfa Brera as well, forgot about that one.
alfaBrera_7.jpg

The Brera is awesome. I truly love it and want this as my future car.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince
The Brera is awesome. I truly love it and want this as my future car.

It really is, 3.2L version.
There's a good little smallish concrete park (next to the John Lobb and Marimekko stores) along Aoyama-dori at Aoyama-Itchome across from the Honda showroom where ballers coming in from other parts of Tokyo have to pass through get to floss/cruise in Omotesando or Shibuya; I once sat on a bench there one day for a long time and just appreciated all the great cars rolling by, and their exhaust notes. It's a nice little stretch where people with real motors have a few hundred yards to open them up WOT in 2nd or low 3rd gear and there's glass skyscrapers on both sides of the street, so good cars sound phenomenal here and the domestic cars with fart cans get exposed. Saw most every modern Ferrari go by, including a top-off white F50, all 3 modern Lamborghinis back to the Diablo, all manners of Porsche (except for the C-GT, which would've blown the buildings to bits), all the Japanese heavyweights, but what really got to my core and soul was a 3.2L Alfa, which I didn't expect at the time. Definitely a favorite for me. The exhaust note is heavenly and the appearance is great but not over the top.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads