• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Floyd Money Mayweather vs Sugar Shane Mosley

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That fight should end the PBF vs Pac Man debate re P4P! It's PBF easily!

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
That fight should end the PBF vs Pac Man debate re P4P! It's PBF easily!
+1, Mosley offered to come all the way down to 140 to fight pac after he knocked out Hatton. The pac camp didn't want anything to do with him. Floyd just toyed with Mosley and took his best shots.

I've been saying the same thing from day one Floyd is the true P4P King, emmanuel was merely the ACTING king.

My idea stays the same, if emmanuel signs the contract to fight for floyd, $ stops his AZZ in the later rounds.

Agent GQ

Reaction score
I was at the fight in Vegas, great fight in terms of action in rounds 2-3 and Money May just displaying his boxing mastery the last 10 rounds. Great atmosphere and great energy, and Money May is still #1, all the haters be damned.

TyCoon is right. God-willing the Mayweather-Pacquaio fight finally happens, I think Money May will TKO Pac-Man in the 11th round. Pacquiao will find himself down on points and his corner will tell him he's at the point of no return and needs to KO. Will go all in and leave himself open to Money May to drop major damage and get TKO. It will be a great fight and tightly contested in the earlier rounds, but Mayweather is just too good, too great.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Agent GQ
TyCoon is right. God-willing the Mayweather-Pacquaio fight finally happens, I think Money May will TKO Pac-Man in the 11th round. Pacquiao will find himself down on points and his corner will tell him he's at the point of no return and needs to KO. Will go all in and leave himself open to Money May to drop major damage and get TKO. It will be a great fight and tightly contested in the earlier rounds, but Mayweather is just too good, too great.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Here's a tough translation of the interview - Arnold: Manny, good morning. Pac: Good morning Arnold. Good morning viewers. Arnold: Did you watch the fight? Pac: uuummm....not all of it Arnold: Did you get sleepy watching the fight? (laughter) Arnold: Floyd Mayweather is still interested in fighting you. He's no longer Pretty Boy, he's now Money Mayweather. What do you think about that? Pac: uuummmmm... Arnold: Just let him be. Pac: Yeah, let him be. Arnold: Everyone is still waiting for both of you to fight. Is there hope for this fight because he's insisting on the urine, I mean, blood tests. Pac: I'm not rejecting the test, just not on the day of the fight. I mean there's testing right after the fight anyway. It's a disadvantage to me because Floyd is bigger and I'm smaller. I may not recover soon enough. Arnold: What is Floyd's motive? Is he making excuses? Pac: He's making excuses to avoid fighting me. Arnold: If the fight happens, when you watched Floyd's last fight, would you say you are superior to him? Pac: I never said I was superior to him. I've only said I can fight him. I'm not afraid of him. Arnold: Are you content on retiring today or do your countrymen have something to hope for in watching you fight again someday? Pac: It's hard to say. I haven't discussed it with my mother. She wants me to stop fighting. Arnold: We'll wait for your decision. Is it going to be a surprise? Pac: We still have to talk about it (with mother). Arnold: Thank you Manny. Pac: Thank you too. Emmanuel doesn't sound very confident or sure of himself at all. I wonder where all his fans on styleforum magically disappeared to?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Emmanuel doesn't sound very confident or sure of himself at all. I wonder where all his fans on styleforum magically disappeared to?
or maybe being a loudmouth ****-talker isn't his style....I mean, I can see how any Floyd fan is not going to value humility, but others live by it.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
or maybe being a loudmouth ****-talker isn't his style....

+1, since when do you have to claim superiority to win a fight?

And it's interesting that Mayweather isn't responding to the after-fight blood test argument. I did not even know they did a blood test immediately after the fight so that was news to me. If you're Floyd, how can you argue against the fairness in that? How could any fighter be taking performance enhancing drugs... and at the same time be able to pass a blood test immediately after the fight is over??

Can someone please answer that?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
or maybe being a loudmouth ****-talker isn't his style....I mean, I can see how any Floyd fan is not going to value humility, but others live by it.
I thought B.J. Penn nuthuggers were bad, but they don't compare to Mayweather nuthuggers.

Originally Posted by furo

And it's interesting that Mayweather isn't responding to the after-fight blood test argument. I did not even know they did a blood test immediately after the fight so that was news to me. If you're Floyd, how can you argue against the fairness in that? How could any fighter be taking performance enhancing drugs... and at the same time be able to pass a blood test immediately after the fight is over??

Mayweather knows that the best way to avoid Pacquiao's punches is to avoid getting into the ring with him in the first place. Since when does the challenger get to make demands on the champion above and beyond what the state athletic commission requires?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
+1, since when do you have to claim superiority to win a fight? And it's interesting that Mayweather isn't responding to the after-fight blood test argument. I did not even know they did a blood test immediately after the fight so that was news to me. If you're Floyd, how can you argue against the fairness in that? How could any fighter be taking performance enhancing drugs... and at the same time be able to pass a blood test immediately after the fight is over?? Can someone please answer that?
Disclaimer - I'm on Manny's side on this one, he's following the rules, and is well within his rights to decline when his opponent decides to make new rules just to be irritating.....but, in answer to your question...it depends on how soon before the fight he has the blood test. If he was doping in the leadup to the fight, putting on mountains of muscle and so on, and then went off the juice at the right time (and I'm sure he could find a doctor to make sure he had the timing down), he could theoretically come in clean at a post fight test. A test a the morning of a fight isn't going to detect anything a post fight test misses. A test a month before may - but that's not what Mayweather wants. I also see Manny's point about it weakening him, I mean, we all know the post blood test woozy feeling, and we're not pushing our bodies like he is. Last thing he needs is that a few hours before he climbs in to the ring.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How could any fighter be taking performance enhancing drugs... and at the same time be able to pass a blood test immediately after the fight is over?? Can someone please answer that?
That's not the point. The point is to have the fight be fair. If you just lost while someone was on PEDs then it wasn't a fair fight. Sure they can bust emmanuel with an after fight test if he tested positive, but he still won the fight with an unfair advantage.
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Since when does the challenger get to make demands on the champion above and beyond what the state athletic commission requires?
Are you talking about how manny pacquiao challenged Miguel Cotto and demanded the champion's belt be put up at catch weight?
I thought B.J. Penn nuthuggers were bad, but they don't compare to Mayweather nuthuggers.
You're not even seeing **** straight anymoar with manny's sack on your tongue.
z4li.jpg
Emmanuel is no longer no pound for pound king. He would be the one fighting for Floyd's first place spot. That makes him the challenger.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, so cherry-picked website "title" > major boxing sanctioning body title?
lol8[1].gif

For the record, I am not a fan of Pacquiao or of Mayweather, and think that Mayweather would win if the two ever fought. I just think that the notion that Pacquiao is ducking Mayweather by agreeing to adhere to the requirements of the state athletic commission has no basis in facts or reason.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

it does matter,there are PED's that are flushed from your body 48 hours after you stop taking them,so theoretically all Manny has to do is stop taking them on thursday (latest) and he will e clean by saturday after the fight.Floyd has a point,BUT so does manny,untill this is a written comission enforced rule may can go ************.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, so cherry-picked website "title" > major boxing sanctioning body title?
lol8[1].gif

Didn't you hear the HBO commentators applaud one fighter on Saturday night for refusing to let the WBA sanction him? Floyd isn't going to be "challenging" pac for anything; he doesn't even care about any of the belts at WW at this stage of his career. Andre Berto currently has a WBC belt. I guess that makes him a better fighter than the strapless Floyd Mayweather? Mayweather also beat all the champs holding gold for all the major sanctioning bodies, and he still had the WBC belt before he retired. He's back now, and in no way has he's become weaker. He's even better now with all his experience as he reaches his technical prime. So in this case a cherry-picked website's RANKINGS > having a belt from a major boxing sanctioning body title. You still don't have any answer for pac making his own rules by forcing Cotto to put up his belt for a CATCHWEIGHT bout. You seem to value what the sanctioning bodies say a lot. Why did emmanuel bend the welterweight range set down by a major boxing sanctioning body? Why was it okay for the challenger to lay down the law onto the champ?

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i just wanna say something; everybody has an opinion. BUT what is nice to see is that boxing still has a lot of passionate fans judging from these opinions and IS NOT the dying sport that everybody else makes it out to be (MMA). when is the last time a UFC ppv did over 1 million buys,and if boxing is a dying sport why is it generating a **** load of money.40 million paychecks? something obviously is adding up
smile.gif
just wanna say i love the sport,even though the sanctining mafia,and the real mafia and shady promoters try their best to whore it out as much as possible,it just keeps taking it and lives on. the arturo gatti of sports so to speak

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
I wonder where all his fans on styleforum magically disappeared to?

I'm still here but I just stay out of it because you are too much of a Mayweather homer so there really isn't a point in posting anymore. I used to enjoy chatting and discussing stuff with you but sometimes you are just beyond reason. Too much love for Money and too much hate for Pacman for you to be fair in your assessments. You won't allow yourself to lose or budge on any of your stance so again, there really isn't a point in posting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads