• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mint juleps of course. Isn't everyone?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Highland Park 18 up first tonight. Long day, it won't be the last drink this evening.
smile.gif

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An Aviation made with this gin:
29243_675165755253_216316_37798929_8253421_n.jpg
Gin is made "locally" in Belmont, where I spent all my pre-college school years; it's right across from Devil's Canyon Brewery, so they share the open house nights on the last Friday of each month. It's an interesting gin, one on you can chill and drink on its own, meaning a good gin for starters or people who say they hate gin. They use the vodka they produce, then mix it with some of the brandy they make and juniper, then let it get some flavor from CA citrus and cilantro. On its own, it has some grassy flavor with a bit of a very slight menthol finish. And I'm buzzed, so excuse any grammar issues.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
An Aviation made with this gin:

29243_675165755253_216316_37798929_8253421_n.jpg

Gin is made "locally" in Belmont, where I spent all my pre-college school years; it's right across from Devil's Canyon Brewery, so they share the open house nights on the last Friday of each month. It's an interesting gin, one on you can chill and drink on its own, meaning a good gin for starters or people who say they hate gin. They use the vodka they produce, then mix it with some of the brandy they make and juniper, then let it get some flavor from CA citrus and cilantro. On its own, it has some grassy flavor with a bit of a very slight menthol finish. And I'm buzzed, so excuse any grammar issues.

^ that looks interesting. The West Coast has really been doing some interesting craft distilling lately. Like what I am drinking now:

4577003719_949c2b1149.jpg

Really interesting American Whiskey. Very light and delicate at first with a long lingering finish that tastes like chamomile tea and tropical fruit. Never tasted anything of this nature before, but I'm happy I bought two bottles!

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama

Really interesting American Whiskey. Very light and delicate at first with a long lingering finish that tastes like chamomile tea and tropical fruit. Never tasted anything of this nature before, but I'm happy I bought two bottles!

May have to find a bottle of that to try.

heavy D

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheButler
A Dark and Stormy. Gosling's Black Seal rum and home-made ginger beer. Official drink of Bermuda and nectar of the gods.

I was just in NYC and that drink was everywhere.

BTW- right now it's Corona Light, hopefully later something better....

JonnyNickels

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Highland Park 18 up first tonight. Long day, it won't be the last drink this evening.
smile.gif

HP 18 - great drop, but pricey. Got a free mini w/my HP 12 purchase.

Tried the Caol Ila...I'm just not there yet. Retreating to the Laga and Ardbeg.

Any opinions on the Aberlour A'bunadh?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JonnyNickels
HP 18 - great drop, but pricey. Got a free mini w/my HP 12 purchase.

Tried the Caol Ila...I'm just not there yet. Retreating to the Laga and Ardbeg.

Any opinions on the Aberlour A'bunadh?

HP 18 - I get the 18 for around $65, its a great deal at that price.

Caol Ila - Its more of a coal taste than Laga and Ardbeg which are more peaty.

Aberlour A'bunadh - buy it, its great

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another +1 to the A'Bundah.

Last night -- Aviation, Negroni, Jacopo Poli Arzente brandy, myrtleberry liqueur.

Tonight -- golden Mojito.

~ H

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads