• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XLERATOR hand dryers (too powerful?)

Reaction score
Has anyone used or have had problems with these new XLERATOR hand dryers? It seems like they should have a warning on them saying how powerful they are. I am in the middle of a divorce but don't find myself emotionally ready to take off my wedding band. Don't you know one of these hand dryers BLEW OFF my wedding band and now it has a big ding in it. The ring has been a little loose recently probably because I have lost a bunch of weigh probably due to stress over the separation (someone said I look "gaunt") and what not but my ring has never fallen off before and I do think that the hand dryer company has some responsibly for the damage to my wedding band. Maybe I should start calling it my "ex-wedding band" oh well.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Don't sue til after you are officially divorced. Otherwise the ***** gets half.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a sign. It's time for it to come off.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd gotten a tad sweaty in the afternoon and it was still hot and humid like it always is in Houston, but once we were inside the restaurant it was time to freshen up and get, you know, presentable. So I step into the washroom, not really looking to see what sort of drying device was available before splashing water on my hands, arms, and face. After a minute of this 'freshening up' I decided it was time to dry off - and that's when I came face-to-face with the horror bearing the XLERATOR name-plate. It did a decent enough job with my hands and forearms, flaying off some of the more tender skin but fortunately leaving the harder callouses - but the real trouble came when I tried to dry my face: I crouched underneath the XLERATOR, and the damn thing was so powerful that it blew my eyebrows clear down my face to nestle on my upper lip (finally - a moustache!). When I tried to straighten up, though, that's when the real trouble came up: I used to deadlift nearly 300 lbs without much struggle, but this thing had me beat. I pulled my back muscle trying to straighten up under the onsalught and had to resort to rolling away on the washroom floor, clambering to my feet once I was well outside the washroom. Sadly, between the new moustache and the stoop, my family didn't recognize me when I came to the table and I was subsequently thrown out of the restaurant. So, no - I don't have a very high opinion of those things.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My difficulties began when I attempted to dry a mildly moist area of my nether region.

Kyoung05

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
My difficulties began when I attempted to dry a mildly moist area of my nether region.

So where did you eventually find your taint?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It makes me happy every time i encounter one of those high-powered hand dryers. Hands are dry in a fraction of the time. Bonus points when there is a door-less entry into the washroom.

I saw a really weird hand dryer at Union Station in Toronto. Instead of a single nozzle, you have to put both of your hands down into a **** and there is a thin "blade" of air that is blasted on your hands, which you move up and down within the **** while attempting to avoid touching the sides. I guess it works and it gets you dry pretty fast, but it's a weird design.

Hany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
It makes me happy every time i encounter one of those high-powered hand dryers. Hands are dry in a fraction of the time. Bonus points when there is a door-less entry into the washroom.

I saw a really weird hand dryer at Union Station in Toronto. Instead of a single nozzle, you have to put both of your hands down into a **** and there is a thin "blade" of air that is blasted on your hands, which you move up and down within the **** while attempting to avoid touching the sides. I guess it works and it gets you dry pretty fast, but it's a weird design.

http://www.dysonairblade.com/

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This sounds like a weird combination of the old game "Operation" and the type of behavior in a men's room that could land a man in divorce court. Maybe the OP's hand dryer is some advanced design that skips these two particular middle men.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are actually really cool. They dry your hands fast but aren't loud and obnoxious like the ones the OP is talking about. Only annoying thing is that it's hard to avoid touching the sides.

bigboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hany
http://www.dysonairblade.com/

Stupid thing. I'm an old schooler when it comes to drying my hands; paper towel. Nothing seems to do the job like paper towel - not to mention the mental relief from knowing that you won't find a wet/moist spot on your hands when you walk out of the washroom...I also use the paper towel to open the filthy door.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love the xcelerator, and the air blade even more. Its funny to see people trying to figure out how to use them.

If your complaining about a hand dryer working too well then your too old.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone punches the 'On' button like they're Evander Holyfield

TheD0n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Everyone punches the 'On' button like they're Evander Holyfield
I elbow it like I'm Chuck Liddell.

JoyDiffusion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigboy
I also use the paper towel to open the filthy door.
+1. It's appalling to see how many dudes don't wash their hands on the way out. I'm full of
ffffuuuu.gif
whenever I encounter a bathroom that both a) has no paper towels, and b) has a door that swings in. With an out-door, you can at least push a low-contact area of it (upper corner) it with your outer palm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads