• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
My poor house has been overrun by people. Far more than we have dining chairs for. As a result, I have decided to seat them in a collection of the most uncomfortable chairs in the world, hoping that they will leave early.

Our tastes could not be more different! But I appreciate that there are people out there who like this stuff - I think it's interesting, I just don't know if I could live with it myself.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
it's like a DWR expo. I like, for the most part, though I imagine I'll just be sticking to some basic Eames wooden chairs for the table.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
photomx.jpg

Perhaps
foo.gif
will understand, but this reminds me of the scene in The Two Towers where all the trees gather for a meeting.

--Andre

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Good move on keeping your best glassware locked up as well.

- B

Oh, snap!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
it's like a DWR expo. I like, for the most part, though I imagine I'll just be sticking to some basic Eames wooden chairs for the table.
Well, that is not how it is set up normally. We were having more people than we usually would, so we emptied out other rooms, plus my wife's office. Normally we use Cappellini Tate Chairs. Glasses are Lobmeyr, which vox claims to love, though perhaps he has never seen them in real life.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Well, that is not how it is set up normally.

of course.

If I'm ever in SF, make sure you stick me on the tractor chair.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
of course.

If I'm ever in SF, make sure you stick me on the tractor chair.

Probably the most comfortable at the table.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Glasses are Lobmeyr, which vox claims to love, though perhaps he has never seen them in real life.

I'm impressed that you reenacted the party from Sleeper.

I've tried it myself, but it never has worked out quite right.

allen-sleeper-chair.png

For those of you who do not know: movie was filmed in poo's co-op.

- B

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
Not bad, but the contrasting emo black curtains are hideous. If you just had some normal white wooden blinds, the place would look good.
The camera sucks. The curtains are bronze with a high sheen to them. They are really not that dark in person.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
After returning 2 rugs, a sofa, 2 lounge chairs...we finally settled on this setup. The recliners are anything but stylish, but they work well in this room and are just plain comfortable.

30059_661578040532_39100926_36622249_5212657_n.jpg

Nice sofa.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Nice sofa.

Thanks. She hated it, but it seems to be the first thing everyone mentions when they come over, so I never let her forget that I picked it out
smile.gif

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Why do I get the feeling there is a playstation and stack of games just outside the frame of that pic?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to get a ping pong table for my house - anyone know the best ones? Thanks.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I want to get a ping pong table for my house - anyone know the best ones? Thanks.

Best? No, I do not know. But for the love of god please never get anything that is featured in the Robb Report (like those pool tables with elephants and **** carved into the legs)
facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads