• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Clarks are made in Vietnam, I think. Which is unfortunate philosophically. But in terms of construction, they seem to me about the same quality as when I first wore them in the 1970s.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently scored a size 12 Harris Tweed 60th anniversary pair of DB's and they are just so fresh. I'm not even sure if I'll ever wear them, but they are aces..
clark-originals-desert-boots-60-years-harris-tweed-01-570x570.jpg

scribbles

Reaction score
+1 those are amazing. Very difficult to pull off, but wow.
worship.gif

FYI, Macy's has a few pairs of Clarks BS's online, 25% off + free shipping if you use the code MACYSFF (I think the sizes available online are pretty limited though). I went in store and picked up a pair using the same discount. Here is the printable version if you're interested.

24922ffmacyscomemail.jpg
[/IMG]

TerryWogan

Reaction score
Could you upload a slightly larger version? That one won't quite cover the side of my house.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would anyone guess what color DBs be best for a black pair of denim? So far I have is 'flint'

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TerryWogan
Could you upload a slightly larger version? That one won't quite cover the side of my house.

Unfortunately no. Believe me I tried, but imageshack wouldn't let me upload the 3' x 6' version since it exceeded the maximum file size.

Sarcasm aside, I agree. The image IS huge, but that image was originally a pdf file that was supposed to be printed out and brought into the store. I figured if anyone planned on printing it out, they would likely appreciate having a fulled sized copy of the email so that it would look slightly less bootleg. (Though now that I think about it, Macys would probably accept it either way. Business is business, right?)

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my first desert boot today, in beeswax. Took a gamble and sized down a full size. Length is great, but hoping they stretch at the widest part of the boot as they're a bit snug there (they bulge out some at the little toe when weight is transferred onto the foot.) SA recommended I go with this size and store has great policy whereby you can wear for a while and then return for a different size within 30 days. Nice to have a plan B if they don't work.

I'm not going to treat them with anything and see how they evolve. Been fun looking at some of the beeswax evolution pics in this thread--hopefully I'll have some of my own in 6 months.

slappy

Reaction score
I caved and bought a beeswax pair at Macys. Unfortunately I sized up 1/2 from my previous pair as they felt too tight width wise. Now these are fine with width but too long so my heel slips slightly. Any suggestions beyond thicker socks? Would some kind of insert help?

As for color my favorite color is the oakwood.

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
what's the logical "next step up" from desert boots in the chukka boot category?

the_state

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the_state
Where can I find DB's in cola suede? Someone help....

tryin to bump this.... really need to get my hands on a pair of these but it looks like clarks put the kibosh on this color

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads