• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Just out of curiosity, what color pea did you order?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CanuckBassist
Are you responding to me? I only ordered it last week!

are you Charlie? or am I just stabbing in the dark here?
redface.gif

CanuckBassist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
are you Charlie? or am I just stabbing in the dark here?
redface.gif

I am. How is the moto already done? I only ordered it 10 days ago! Mind blown.

Aqhong, the exact words I used were "bolder and darker herringbone". Will just have to see how it turns out!

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
leather jackets are moving along at a nice clip nowadays. I just wish my tailored wools moved faster but we've had all those holdups. The guy is a freaking artist, he even looks like a Korean Andy Warhol, but his time management is just way left field, and I'm saying this as a guy whose time management is way left field.

CanuckBassist

Reaction score
The wait on the pea is no big deal for me, personally. I knew I wasn't going to have a chance to wear it this winter/spring barring a freak snowstorm in the summer. Clearly your wool guy is being overpaid. Offer him $50 a piece and he'll pump out 5 a day.
teacha.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
man, you'd be surprised. Can't even get a ****** version of the pea made for $50/piece labor only at even a big factory where they make you run 100 of them or something. I pay multiples of that for just the labor on these and the leathers, since they're done one by one, and that doesn't really change things, running big runs doesn't bring the cost down tons. You guys thought labor in Korea was cheap...
redface.gif
I pay more than any other affiliate or vendor here, for my stuff. This wack ass shirt factory that screwed me like twice in a row and got mad when we told them to do a proper job offered to make cut sew tee shirts at $3.50 labor a piece, not including materials, which would be like $5/yard for decent stuff, and you need a little more than a yard to cover for mistakes and stuff, maybe 1.5 yards, plus separate rib trim that runs a little more than that, and then whatever interesting stuff I might want to add, so you're at like $10/piece labor and materials to my doorstep for a plain white tee, and obviously I gotta make enough to cover in the event of a faulty piece and to keep my guys fed.... and you gotta run 500-1000 units, with people I don't want to deal with because I think their work could be better. tl;dr version: TOJ tees may be awhile, because I don't know if i want to tread into the $100 a 5-pack tee shirt territory, nor hold $10,000 of stock.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
oh btw kelvin - I have your first two dress shirts here, I even cut the buttons off them and chickenfooted the scalloped 4mm MOP buttons back on by hand, at my kitchen table, but I decided I want to make them one more time. Want to tweak the placket width and detailing and get these things looking sexy.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
inlove.gif
I trust your judgment, do what needs to be done !! I probably would've been happy with the first product. Now you know precisely how skinny I am. It's a shame on the tee's. I grabbed some hanes as per your recommendation and the length was great pre-wash, don't know how you can stand it since you're a bit taller than me.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I only really get to wear Hanes once man. Always a disposable shirt concept. AA's arel ike $30 each here, so it's cheaper for me to get my mom to send me 5 packs of 6 really often and pitch the old ones.
redface.gif

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
leather jackets are moving along at a nice clip nowadays.

Awesome. I'm getting a nervous twitch from my impatience.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Commander, Order of Jawnz
Yeah, 2nd round has been in for awhile now and we should see it out this week. Your Bomber is done, hand finished by yours truly, and at my house packaged, waiting for the shirts. We're laying a little low lately because we have a lot of work to do, and are finally clearing our order books as of this week - we'll be shipping a lot of stuff soon, I've got a good amount of packages ready to go tomorrow and stuff will come out in multiples all week I bet. Shirts will be a huge haul. I've got the DB trench that I want to prototype once more, I've got a smoky blue lamb suede Harrington coming out soon that is gonna blow everything out of the water, it's gonna be so sickeningly nice. I've got two other leather jacket styles that I think I want to prototype once more too. Gonna focus on bags though, starting tomorrow. Gotta pick up some hardware and nail down a leather I want to use. Stuff I am gonna make soon: -shorts -TOJ swim trunks, I hope -maybe some other raincoats -more winter coats (we have a lot of friends in Australia/NZ nowadays, and I have a chesterfield I want to make)... Lots of stuff we are gonna make. Just been trying to clear my order logs before I do that.
Drew over on SuFu. So much to look forward too.

jaac

Reaction score
^lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads