• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to wear Plaid?

Brookshiii

Reaction score
I am kinda having some trouble pulling this off.

I like the plaid shirts with some destroyed jeans, but I dunno exactly if I should be wearing Sneakers or flip-flops?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i recently purchased several plaid shirts from Polo, and ive found that they go great with the Litchfield Cargo Shorts (i got navy and shelter tan). i got darker colors, but am also going to get some brighter ones. for those im getting faded olive and light khaki shorts. RL also has madras sneakers this season, but i think im just gonna get flip flops to wear with my plaids. i would go for abercrombie flipflops for the perfect intersection of durability/quality and pricing.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
flip flops are for the beach or the pool.

End of thread?

Brookshiii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
i recently purchased several plaid shirts from Polo, and ive found that they go great with the Litchfield Cargo Shorts (i got navy and shelter tan). i got darker colors, but am also going to get some brighter ones. for those im getting faded olive and light khaki shorts. RL also has madras sneakers this season, but i think im just gonna get flip flops to wear with my plaids. i would go for abercrombie flipflops for the perfect intersection of durability/quality and pricing.

I am more of a Hollister plaid.

I never looked at Polo's.

But, cargo shorts I noticed are getting a little popular.

Also, tan khaki cargo pants.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If we're talking pants now, I like plaid/madras with white or off-white jeans and chinos.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Insert one arm into sleeve, then bringing the shirt around the back, insert the other arm. I generally start with the right since that is my dominant hand, but it truly doesn't matter; feel free to use your other arm occasionally to add that extra little sprezzatura to your outfit. Then, using your hands, button up the front making sure that the correct button is inserted into it's corresponding button hole. I generally leave the collar button undone plus another one if I see fit.

Voila, you are now wearing plaid.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brookshiii
I am more of a Hollister plaid.

I never looked at Polo's.

But, cargo shorts I noticed are getting a little popular.

Also, tan khaki cargo pants.

hollister fabrics are really bad

Brookshiii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
flip flops are for the beach or the pool.

End of thread?

I mean, they are kinda mean't for my college classes.

I have been wearing American Eagle & Hollister Hoodies and sweatpants since January.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Alternative donning of shirt: start with one or two middle buttons buttoned, then slip the shirt over your head and slip both arms into the appropriate sleeves at the same time, like putting on a sweater or other pullover. Then button up as you choose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics