• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shirt collar sizing and Isaia

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You should be able to just fit two fingers inside when its buttoned. Loose enough to move your neck, but not so loose that when you pull up your tie knot, the material wrinkles.

Kazou

Reaction score
I had this saved for myself as a record, hoepfully it will help you get your head around Isaia's different lines. Quality wise, they varied over the years. They had a diffusion line that was fused but I think most of their current line is canvassed (someone correct me if I'm wrong) from what i've seen and felt in the stores.

Originally Posted by cksnipe
The Sirio ( S Body)- The most popular body within the Isaia line is also the fullest in structure The S Body is the base in the collection from which all others are derives. Defined by its classic Neapolitan natural shoulder, this garment was shortened slightly in 2008 to give it a more contemporary expression. This model as with all Isaia garments is available in 2 or 3 button, peak and notch lapels, single or double breasted.

The Vesuvio (V body)- A tad more suppressed in the torso than the S body, these garments are defined by their rope shoulder, and even higher armhole.

The Tribeca (T-Body)- The T body has a suppressed torso similar to the V-body. A lightly roped shoulder and very fitted sleeve- similar to that of a sweater.

The Gregory (g-body)- Similar to the S body yet defined by a softer shoulder, this design carries a shorter body, and a mildly tapered sleeve.

The Dustin Body (d- Body) This model has an even softer shoulder than the S Body, and even more natural deconstructed shoulder and is generally styled in a French face/half lined jacket. This shoulder shows "grinze" creases/pleating at the sleeve head. This soft jacket is usually accompanied by a 3 patch pocket.

The X Body- Similar to the G body characterized by the single button closure which created a more fitted midsection with in the garment.

nayr1982

Reaction score
Any thoughts on a Base L?

Originally Posted by Kazou
I had this saved for myself as a record, hoepfully it will help you get your head around Isaia's different lines. Quality wise, they varied over the years. They had a diffusion line that was fused but I think most of their current line is canvassed (someone correct me if I'm wrong) from what i've seen and felt in the stores.

Originally Posted by cksnipe
The Sirio ( S Body)- The most popular body within the Isaia line is also the fullest in structure The S Body is the base in the collection from which all others are derives. Defined by its classic Neapolitan natural shoulder, this garment was shortened slightly in 2008 to give it a more contemporary expression. This model as with all Isaia garments is available in 2 or 3 button, peak and notch lapels, single or double breasted.

The Vesuvio (V body)- A tad more suppressed in the torso than the S body, these garments are defined by their rope shoulder, and even higher armhole.

The Tribeca (T-Body)- The T body has a suppressed torso similar to the V-body. A lightly roped shoulder and very fitted sleeve- similar to that of a sweater.

The Gregory (g-body)- Similar to the S body yet defined by a softer shoulder, this design carries a shorter body, and a mildly tapered sleeve.

The Dustin Body (d- Body) This model has an even softer shoulder than the S Body, and even more natural deconstructed shoulder and is generally styled in a French face/half lined jacket. This shoulder shows "grinze" creases/pleating at the sleeve head. This soft jacket is usually accompanied by a 3 patch pocket.

The X Body- Similar to the G body characterized by the single button closure which created a more fitted midsection with in the garment.

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kazou
quality wise, the mainline has not varied and has been superlative over the years. we discussed the diffusion line a month or so ago. consensus was that it hasn't been seen for a while. a couple of comments on the earlier post you quoted with the various models: Base V has a slightly more built up shoulder than Base S. drop = 8 Base T is an unambiguously skinny fit, similar in several respects to RLBL (very small armholes, skinny arms, constructed shoulder). it is discernably much slimmer than a Base V. i run a EUR 56 in base S, but i think i would need a 60 in a "T" to have even a prayer of getting into it. drop = 8 Base G / Gregory: i am not convinced that these two are the same. Gregory: - very slim fit, similar to base T - very short jacket - however: drop 7 only, and pants have deep pleats G: - roomier fit - shoulders fairly constructed -- similar to Base T (in contrast, Gregory is very light) - jacket "normal" isaia length - also drop 7, also pleats in addition to the models you listed, i also have a Base E. - body similar to "S", but a tad roomier - shoulders more padded than "S" - drop 7 quality across each of these lines is uniformly top-notch; differences are aesthetic only. everything is fully canvassed. hope this helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads