• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need suggestions for hair

-Stylist-

Reaction score
O no the infamous hairstyle Q
boxing[1].gif

Sorry guys.

Anyways.
So I have the typical straight, fine Asian hair, with limited facial hair overall.

(I personally think the glasses helps)

Now.. I want to hear a few suggests for possible hairstyles for me
(I am 20yrs old currently and 6'3 if that's of any use)
I've been trying new hairstyles and it seems like short is the way to go, however, a lot of the short cuts look weird without a lot of facial hair.
Any suggestions?

Thanks guys

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You look fine. Something short is going to make you look harsh, and with you being 6'3 it won't look right. Just get some product that will add conditioning and shine to your hair. Test some grooming clay products out if you want to get fancy.

Kris

Reaction score
God damn you are one tall Asian kid.

-Stylist-

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
You look fine. Something short is going to make you look harsh, and with you being 6'3 it won't look right. Just get some product that will add conditioning and shine to your hair. Test some grooming clay products out if you want to get fancy.
harsh for a guy isnt something bad isnt it?
eh.gif

I find longer hair require styling or else it looks too flat.
so any suggestions for shorter hairs?

Originally Posted by Kris
well thank you

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like you have a pretty oval face shape so you can really get away with any style of hair. Although, I wouldn't buzz it. IMO, scalp never looks good on anyone other than very dark skinned people.

I think you'd look good with long hair as well.

-Stylist-

Reaction score
dang
i was actually thinking of shaving it.

One more question
is there a way to make fine hair more corsal and give it volume? instead of styling it everyday?

youdee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by -Stylist-
dang i was actually thinking of shaving it. One more question is there a way to make fine hair more corsal and give it volume? instead of styling it everyday?
You might want to try a texture powder. You shake a bit onto your hair and ruffle it in (zero effort or technique) - it turns into a matte-wax texture which gives you lots of volume and control over the shape. It kind of feels like slept-in hair once applied. I like Cynol's one but there are others out there. My suggestion would be to keep it neat/trimmed on the sides (rather than having it slightly overgrown as it is now) and a bit ruffled and messy on top. If you use conditioner, don't use it on top of your head as the residue can weigh it down. Just ask your hairdresser to clean up and trim the sides and cut some texture into the top.

-Stylist-

Reaction score
Sweet thanks.
I was looking at the clynol POWDER PUNCH, it seems quite weak in holding power.
is it enough? does the hair feel oily and ichy after like some others?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by -Stylist-
Sweet thanks.
I was looking at the clynol POWDER PUNCH, it seems quite weak in holding power.
is it enough? does the hair feel oily and ichy after like some others?

Unfortunately, you often have to experiment to find the product that works for you.

What I don't see is a N. American distributor of their products (maybe I didn't click enough)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

esq

Reaction score
Grow it out and have fun with it.

youdee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Unfortunately, you often have to experiment to find the product that works for you.

What I don't see is a N. American distributor of their products (maybe I didn't click enough)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

^ What he said. Not sure if there's an American distributor since I live in the UK, you might have luck on eBay though.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit shorter on top. You don't need to add length to your face and stature. That is, assuming the picture isn't distorted.

darkdream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kris

There are a lot of tall Asians these days due to better nutrition and such. I am 5'10" and I see myself as very short compared to others.

Anyways almost any hair style will work, but I do not think you should cut it short. Short hair will make you look a lot younger than you are, unless that is what you are going for.

Kit.

Reaction score
I think you should grow your hair like the person in your avatar. Who is that anyway?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads