• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

puddin

Reaction score
I've got a black double-faced shirt in medium that ended up too small in the shoulders for me. If anyone wants it, I can do $140 shipped on it (the extra $10 is to cover paypal fees and some of the shipping costs), otherwise it's going back in a few days.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by puddin
I've got a black double-faced shirt in medium that ended up too small in the shoulders for me. If anyone wants it, I can do $140 shipped on it (the extra $10 is to cover paypal fees and some of the shipping costs), otherwise it's going back in a few days.
Just send it back. It'd be easier for someone here who wants it to contact Mike and have him set aside the shirt for them instead of paying an extra $10.

puddin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Just send it back. It'd be easier for someone here who wants it to contact Mike and have him set aside the shirt for them instead of paying an extra $10.

true, but this could give someone first dibs and save epaulet the trouble. anyhow if no one bites, it'll go down like that, all the same to me either way.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by puddin
true, but this could give someone first dibs and save epaulet the trouble. anyhow if no one bites, it'll go down like that, all the same to me either way.

Thanks for posting that. We can definitely take the shirt back for a refund.

Or, if another member is interested, we'll give you a $15 refund so can buy it direct from you for $125.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Awesome news for me but terrible for my bank account. I've been waiting for a medium in black, would appreciate it if someone could let me know whatever goes down.

Reaction score
Hey Mike is there any way yuo can post a swatch of the blue linen ginghan shirt you have in the works,it sounds awesome.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for your patience! The new EP's have arrived and are in our online shop.

For this batch, we've got a few new features:

DENIM

12.25oz Cone Mills White Oak indigo denim with pale gold contrast stitching. This is a bit lighter than the deadstock denim we used for the first indigo jeans, and makes for a great year-round weight. Check it out:

4558647267_9d7e12eea1.jpg

CORRECTED WAIST FIT

We narrowed the waist by a full inch, so you no longer have to size down. You can buy these True to Size.

POCKET CHANGES

The rear pockets have been shortened in length and moved higher up. Overall, it's more of a classic pocket stance.

HOYT FIT

As you guys know, we've been developing this fit for months. I'm quite sure that we nailed it! The Hoyt is designed for guys with larger thighs. It offers extra room in the seat and thighs, but still maintains a slim overall fit and a good taper to a small-ish leg opening. We made the pattern from scratch by reverse-engineering our Rudy trouser fit. I'm the guy in the shop photos, and they've been the best fitting jeans that I've ever worn.

The Hoyt also looks good on guys with slimmer legs. I'll get a fit pic with one of our customers soon. On slimmer guys, it has a Japanese repro look, but with a taper. It's a great fit if you're looking for a looser jean.

SMITH INSEAM CONSIDERATION
We had one hiccup with production - the Smith inseam came out at 34" rather than 35". After washing, it's going to shrink to somewhere between 32.5 and 33". For most guys, this will mean that you'll be able to wear them without hemming. But if you're afraid that they'll be too short, then drop me a PM. We've already got another 60 units in work and they will have the correct 35" inseam. They'll be here in about 3 weeks.

Okay, onto the jeans! We've got tons of images and full measurements at the shop links

4559276434_35383c3d7f.jpg

EP's Smith Jean: $145

4561220641_c0aa3758a3.jpg

EP's Hoyt Jean: $145

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, I just gotta say, you're consistently putting out awesome products at awesome prices with awesome service. I'll try and stay off your jock, but props for being a class act. These Hoyts look good - will they be available in any other colours? (charcoal charcoal charcoal charcoal)

fashunhor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
Mike, I just gotta say, you're consistently putting out awesome products at awesome prices with awesome service. I'll try and stay off your jock, but props for being a class act.

^^Indeed.

Also, judging from the measurement chart the Hoyt's seem like a pretty low-rise no?

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
We've already got another 60 units in work and they will have the correct 35" inseam.
Huh, didn't the old smith's have a 35.5 inseam? It also looks like the front rise was shortened by 0.25" from reading the measurements chart. Bummer for me as both of those were at my minimum.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
Mike, I just gotta say, you're consistently putting out awesome products at awesome prices with awesome service. I'll try and stay off your jock, but props for being a class act. These Hoyts look good - will they be available in any other colours? (charcoal charcoal charcoal charcoal)
Thank you sir! We'll definitely do a Hoyt in Kurabo black for the next run. I'll look into some new colors as well. I'm due for another LA trip soon.
Originally Posted by fashunhor
^^Indeed. Also, judging from the measurement chart the Hoyt's seem like a pretty low-rise no?
Actually no, and I realize that the front rise numbers are a bit misleading. The overall fit effect serves to pitch the jean a bit on your hips. The rise is actually a perfect medium height. Cutting raw denim is so different from trousers that I had a lot of learning to do, and we developed the Hoyt fit entirely from scratch. As my fiancee Adele will tell you - I had a constant ass-baring issue with most jeans. Just like the "Say No to Crack" posters. The effect of this pitched waist block completely eliminates that and stays up comfortably without a belt. If you own a pair of Rudy trousers, then I can confidently say that this fit will work for you - rise and all. If you've ever tried a New Standard-ish jean and found the fit a bit too slim (as in you can get them on but they're tight as hell), then these should also do the trick.
Originally Posted by obiter dictum
Huh, didn't the old smith's have a 35.5 inseam? It also looks like the front rise was shortened by 0.25" from reading the measurements chart. Bummer for me as both of those were at my minimum.
Ah sorry - our spec is still for 35.5". So both the new Hoyts and Smiths will come with that full inseam.

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Ah sorry - our spec is still for 35.5". So both the new Hoyts and Smiths will come with that full inseam.

ok, that's good to hear. But am I right in thinking the rise has been shortened by 0.5" across the board? The size 33 smith has a 10.75" rise in the measurement chart, while my smiths from the first run were 11.25".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads