• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Converse Appreciation Thread

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wow. Nice!

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Those red ones are no joke. Who's stocking?
eh.gif

It's for FW10 so I think it might start coming out around mid to late summer, I could be wrong though.

Also, I borrowed the pic from another forum but this SeaStars looks surprisingly good.
2wfr336.jpg

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
It's for FW10 so I think it might start coming out around mid to late summer, I could be wrong though.

Also, I borrowed the pic from another forum but this SeaStars looks surprisingly good.
2wfr336.jpg

Reminds me of a cross between sperrys and vans.
eh.gif

wavvvy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45

NT :hat

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I could ever get down with those boat shoe/sneaker sole hybrids. They just look confused as hell. Would rather just rock sneakers or reg boat shoes.

C.lo562

Reaction score
Those red JP's looks nice, I wish they came in Hi's though. I'd settle for the lows regardless.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Not sure why, but I don't like the side strap things.

They are a bit odd and non-JP-ish, but I don't think they break the shoe. They should make those in black... they look like trainers from the 40's or something haha

obeserabbit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
does anyone know a good technique on painting the metal eyelet-lace things on chucks to make em all black

ive never done something like that and i want mine all black like these lace holes

168iyo8.jpg

paint suggestions and techniques?

for anyone who owns these, how do cons cts fit compared to regular chucks?

scribbles

Reaction score
Until the FW10 collection hits, I'd digging these. I love the garment dye look which adds a nice bit of color without drawing too much attention. I'm tempted to get all 6.
converse-jack-purcell-garment-dye-pack-6.jpg
converse-jack-purcell-garment-dye-pack-5.jpg
converse-jack-purcell-garment-dye-pack-4.jpg
converse-jack-purcell-garment-dye-pack-3.jpg
converse-jack-purcell-garment-dye-pack-2.jpg
converse-jack-purcell-garment-dye-pack-1.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the second pair from the top, the blue, look like what my regular-issue blue JPs are turning into with a little wear.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
As far as I can tell the only difference is those have stitched edges instead of the lined edges. I like those gray ones. There's this pair of JPs on Zappos, the 'saltwash laces oxford'; it's lo-profile and rad. What does Saltwash mean pertaining to the laces? I like these because they have canvas over the inner toecap and around the sides and back of the shoe. I love the classic JP but the lo-pro is a nice change and looks slicker. http://www.zappos.com/converse-jack-...ox-black-egret As far as I can tell, saltwash just means the laces are whiter than the rubber? If I had a little extra money right now I'd pick these up, but I have enough JPs for the moment anyway. Plus I've seen like 3 or 4 pairs of shoes I bought this year already pop up crazy-cheaper-than-I-paid on 6pm.com and that kinda bugs. =) I think I'll wait for these to get 6PM'd.

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiddleClassDude
As far as I can tell the only difference is those have stitched edges instead of the lined edges. I like those gray ones.

There's this pair of JPs on Zappos, the 'saltwash laces oxford'; it's lo-profile and rad. What does Saltwash mean pertaining to the laces? I like these because they have canvas over the inner toecap and aroudn the sides and back of the show. I love the classic JP but the lo-pro is a nice change and looks slicker.

http://www.zappos.com/converse-jack-...ox-black-egret

As far as I can tell, saltwash just means the laces are whiter than the rubber?

If I had a little extra money right now I'd pick these up, but I have enough JPs for the moment anyway. Plus I've seen like 3 or 4 pairs of shoes I bought this year already pop up crazy-cheaper-than-I-paid on 6pm.com and that kinda bugs. =) I think I'll wait for these to get 6PM'd.

I have no idea what the salt-wash means, but whatever it is, I don't think it justifies the extra cost.

To Robert, I agree, the blue ones are very similar to the regular navy JP's, which can be had for a lot cheaper if you can find them on sale. I would likely pass on the grey and wheat colored pairs as well since I already have quite a few pairs of white/neutral footwear (more Sperrys than I'll admit to, Clarks, some "retro" Nikes, etc). Plus 8+ pairs of JP's alone would be a bit of overkill. I really do love the red, green, and yellow pairs. Maybe it's due to my many years living in Miami, but I really embrace color in my wardrobe, and I'm always looking for interesting ways to incorporate as much color as possible without it being overbearing.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obeserabbit
for anyone who owns these, how do cons cts fit compared to regular chucks?

toe box feels a little larger IMO

otherwise its the same...i wear the same in size chucks and cons cts

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics