• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
http://www.charitybuzz.com/categorie...g_items/121083

47947439.jpg

Gail is looking pretty good in that picture, but her best assets look like they're being smothered to within an inch of their lives!

I do have to say that Padma strikes me as a boring person/lay. Gail seems like she knows a thing or two around the bedroom. *high fives Kyle*

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
No.

fuck_you_because_i_loved_you.jpg

You know, I'm about the only one left to give you the benefit of the doubt. You're like Helen Keller and I'm like Annie Sullivan, and I'm trying to redeem you while everyone else think your this ****-covered, matted haired manimal. But I've given up. I now realize that, unlike Helen, you wouldn't be able to say "water" if you were being waterboarded by Dick Cheney himself.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
You know, I'm about the only one left to give you the benefit of the doubt. You're like Helen Keller and I'm like Annie Sullivan, and I'm trying to redeem you while everyone else think your this ****-covered, matted haired manimal. But I've given up. I now realize that, unlike Helen, you wouldn't be able to say "water" if you were being waterboarded by Dick Cheney himself.

"Water".

**** you and your BBQ beef loving bullshit ways.

Until you change your stance on that, I don't think there is anything we can agree on. I say the sky is blue you'll say "it is paisley" etc.

I hope we can go back to our
inlove.gif
ways but right now dude, I'm thinking everything about you can be summed up like this:
facepalm.gif

Thankfully there still is hope for you.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
"Water".

**** you and your BBQ beef loving bullshit ways.

Until you change your stance on that, I don't think there is anything we can agree on. I say the sky is blue you'll say "it is paisley" etc.

I hope we can go back to our
inlove.gif
ways but right now dude, I'm thinking everything about you can be summed up like this:
facepalm.gif

Thankfully there still is hope for you.

If BBQ doesn't include grilled, smoked, etc beef, then why do all those big BBQ competitions include it?
confused.gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
If BBQ doesn't include grilled, smoked, etc beef, then why do all those big BBQ competitions include it?
confused.gif

grilling =! BBQ.

And I guess by big BBQ competitions you mean something like this? http://www.bigpigjig.com

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt22616
I can't tell if this guy's high or marsupialed.

The latter. Stop quoting him please.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt22616
I can't tell if this guy's high or marsupialed.
A bit of both perhaps. That said. they aren't the same. Low indirect heat with the intent of adding a rich smoky flavor is not the same thing as high direct heat to cook the meat quickly. http://foodtourofiowa.files.wordpres...6/ribs-012.jpg Pic is huge
Steaks%20on%20the%20Grill.jpg
Clearly not the same. And no, citing the BPJ was not a serious comparison.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bbqbrisket_200px.jpg

/threadderail

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

In the hierarchy of all things I find troublesome on SF, it goes like this:

5. people who ask clothing-related questions
4. virgins who see sharp knees and nothing else
3. underage girls for avatars (party-van for you, mister)
2. n00bs
1. people who won't accept beef as BBQ

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas

2. n00bs

Seriously. Where the hell did this come from - I've never heard of this uninformed prejudice until now.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously. Where the hell did this come from - I've never heard of this uninformed prejudice until now.

It is prevalent in the SE. A new BBQ place opened up by my house and I know of several people who won't eat there because they don't serve any pork.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Years back I lived in Charlotte for a few months, and traveled the region quite a bit for work. I joined a team of Texans who had been up there for a month or so, and they warned me about Carolina BBQ. It's good, to be sure, but don't bother looking for brisket. Eventually I warmed up to the pulled pork, because when done right it's damn good...but I never liked the slaw on top. Never. Oh, and their sweet tea is a heaping helping of WTF-ness. I thought I had a sweet tooth, but holy cow I have nothing on these folks. It's Karo syrup with a dash of tea-flavored water.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
bbqbrisket_200px.jpg

/threadderail

AAAAAAND another reason to embrace the brisket:

At this same firm - in our department - it was mostly men, with a smattering of women. We had this one woman who was, shall we say, well-endowed...although she hid it fairly well. She was also quite outspoken and opinionated...We called her Hillary for a time. At least until she started to complain about her breasts. She told us that it was like having a brisket strapped to her chest. If you've ever wondered just how quickly word can travel throughout a corporate department, wonder no longer. As if by official decree from above, from that moment forth, every man in the department started referring to her as 'brisket'. Even the ones who were on the road that week.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas

2. n00bs

QFT!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads