• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooshay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice

Tried popping the collar, can I like, do that?

In my humble opinion, the answer is a resounding "Yes". Looks great.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've never been more pissed than when yeasayer tix sold out and I forgot to buy them

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the last album was fantastic, how do the old ones compare?

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll check out the last album.

I was listening to yeasayer's ONE while walking around in a forest and it was magical.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold out / missed them Monday, too.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
4561470349_66a14f19d1_b.jpg

Arr, I love your stuff almost everytime but this looks so much like 95% of the looks here in the city of Melbourne that it just comes down a few notches to me. It's still a great look no doubt as the fit and style is consistent and on point, but there's a predictability in the dark jeans + duffle + wayfarer-style (probably not so much but stick with me) glasses + funky shoes and this has become the go-to outfit for many people in my city. In my city this outfit has a definite hipster vibe to it which I can't help but associate. Your choices could very well be simply a coincidence of styles, but the cynic in me can't justify it this way.

I feel that an altered version of this outfit particularly with your awesome flare would have made this a lot better, though I will say that I do think the shoes are in the right direction on this regard.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
I'll check out the last album.

I was listening to yeasayer's ONE while walking around in a forest and it was magical.

lol nice edit.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
raptor.jpg

I like everything here except the footwear. Though I've never seen a pair of boat shoes go successfully (or rather, what I believe is successful) with unrolled dark denim before. I think it's because of the fact that dark denim suggests a cooler climate/that the denim is thick and warm whilst boat shoes seem very much part of hot weather/summer attire. Which is why I think...
Originally Posted by BB1
Been looking for an excuse all winter long to wear my Mr. Olive moccasins. Temperature was in the 60's today and sunny so I finally got a chance to wear them again without socks. The sole and leather are so soft and flexible that they feel like you're walking around in slippers. Every imperfection and pebble in the pavement is felt, yet your feet never truly hurt. Feels liberating after wearing mostly boots throughout winter. Everyone should own at least one pair of footwear that doesn't isolate you from the ground.
mocs1.jpg
mocs2.jpg
Lad Musician tee Mr. Olive bracelet Mr. Olive denim Mr. Olive moccasins

...works well as the lighter denim compliments the boat shoes nicely.

quasky

Reaction score
i've never been more pissed than when yeasayer tix sold out and I forgot to buy them

don't be too upset, they're honestly not that great live. they were pretty bad when I saw them touring all hour cymbals, anyways.

EmotionalTool

Reaction score
My first post here. I've been surfing the forum for a while. Looking for balls smashing / constructive criticism / help. Shoes are tan calf and they look more brighter in real light. (pss... I know the shirt needs to be ironed)

JO3B

Reaction score

qft. nothing happened quicker.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeasayer have a taint of Disco Biscuits-style astrojam bands that I can't quite get over.

Originally Posted by jet

this is excellent (for a change)

foo.gif

Originally Posted by scribbles
I don't know if it's necessarily the clothes that I don't like (though the sleeves look like they could be narrowed a bit)... I think it's the body language. The combination of the slumped shoulders and bowed head makes you look like a broken man. Stand up straight and exude some confidence. How you wear something is just as important as what you are wearing. Sorry if that makes me sound like an overcritical douche (I'm well aware of the fact that I'm usually a complete asshole, but that is honestly not my intent here)

Yeah, I took a few shots and that wasn't the most flattering (eyes closed, little hunched) but it was the best lit.

Originally Posted by chronoaug

shore- looks really put together and the pose is obviously a symbolic nod to shoegazer music

I was just listening to Nowhere and the pose felt natural

Also thanks toru and jd.

Originally Posted by NorCal
He's being pensive.

I was expressing my deep concerns about the death of workwear.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
That's pretty bad Eason.

I assume you mean "bad" like Michael Jackson bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads