• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
This might come as a shock to some of you guys, but I am ok with some people thinking I look 'costumey'. I honestly don't mind being a bit outrageous. I just don't feel the need to say, "HAI GUYZ! I'm being outraaageous!" If you can't take a little understated outrageousness, then the joke's on you.
I agree completely, and can't believe people on a fashion forum of all places don't realize that a lot of people don't CARE if they look different as long as they're having a good time. @BB1: That fit is really great.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
It's a "Traditional Weatherwear" duffel coat.
I had one of those last year, picked it up in Japan. Pretty sure it's a Japan exclusive line made by Macintosh. Literally the nicest duffle coat I've ever seen, slim fit and nice construction By the way, here is the most boring fit ever, but ToJ stood up really well to unexpected rain, so here it is Tried popping the collar, can I like, do that?
30vm82w.jpg
Jeans are the Margiela relaxed ones

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lot of talk in here (but what else is new?)...last 5 or 6 fits I've scrolled through all look excellent though. In particular, I really liked shoreman, LK, bb1, and willycheesesteak's efforts.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scribbles
Great, one more thing to lust after that I can't afford at the moment. Anyway, much thanks.

P4271410.JPG

I don't know if it's necessarily the clothes that I don't like (though the sleeves look like they could be narrowed a bit)... I think it's the body language. The combination of the slumped shoulders and bowed head makes you look like a broken man. Stand up straight and exude some confidence. How you wear something is just as important as what you are wearing. Sorry if that makes me sound like an overcritical douche (I'm well aware of the fact that I'm usually a complete asshole, but that is honestly not my intent here)

He's being pensive.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Hay Shoreman, did you lose weight?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
xpzma1.jpg

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't like the shoes, not feeling them paired with a blazer either. Pants and blazer look nice though

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Some great fits lately. LK- awesome as usually. Like the proportions and the shoes are killer shore- looks really put together and the pose is obviously a symbolic nod to shoegazer music bb1- ******* love every bit of it for summer. Those jeans are really great. I've been lookign for a good light wash like that for a few months now and it's hard. Didn't even think to look at mr olive. Saw a couple decent acne ones but i like those a lot. The mocs look great as well. willy- toj jacket looking good. I need to snap a pic next time i'm wearing my peasant varsity i bought last fall. The chambray looks great with the jacket and all the colors are nice together. jskissi- Really like that outfit. You are always on point and looking sharp but i like that one especially. The boots are cool. I think the cambridge urban outfitters was selling those boots in their clearance area for like $20. I wanted to get a pair but some of them were really fucked up and had a chunk missing out of the sole. I like summer boots like that though. I need to find more things to wear my israeli army boots with still don't know why people hate on sq4you so much. Definitely one of the best posters the past few months. Was a bit grating when he first went on his posting explosion but thank god he and nicelynice are posting and waywting lately. Plus, other than the fact he is kinda short, he's an attractive enough guy. Maybe it's the neckbeard solidarity

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
bb1- ******* love every bit of it for summer. Those jeans are really great. I've been lookign for a good light wash like that for a few months now and it's hard. Didn't even think to look at mr olive. Saw a couple decent acne ones but i like those a lot. The mocs look great as well.
Thanks man. The jeans are what Mr. Olive calls the "used shaving" model from a couple years ago. I believe they remake this denim model every year, but each time it looks different. Many of the Mr. Olive washes are kind of expensive, but the quality is definitely better than Acne. The color is more of a sky blue than the awful faded blue you'd see on dad jeans. And the overall wash has an almost chemical look to it with subtle shades of grayish purple present. I tend to only pair them white t-shirts since the jeans are already loud/noisy enough as is. And for some reason I cannot make myself wear them in the winter, but on a sunny summer day they always feel perfect to me.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's pretty bad Eason.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads