• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
i mean, i feel gellers aesthetic is very strong, and very good. it shows so much, but i just can't afford it at my age and with my current living expenses. as i say this of course i'm planning out like ten other purchases, jesus.

By my calculations I'll be able to afford the things I want now in my late 20's
ffffuuuu.gif

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gilt to the rescue. I need a basic suit soon and what do I find, a hickey sale with a host of basic suits including one in charcoal which was copped. That drop 7 is key for me, it'll still need to be taken in but at least it won't have to be by 3-4 inches like with other suits around.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Gilt to the rescue. I need a basic suit soon and what do I find, a hickey sale with a host of basic suits including one in charcoal which was copped. That drop 7 is key for me, it'll still need to be taken in but at least it won't have to be by 3-4 inches like with other suits around.

Yeah I got a solid navy last go-around. Hickey(style) is about as SW&D a MC suit is gonna get. It's slimmer than most, w/ slim lapels/high gorge, but still really well-made for the price. Great for a staple business suit that's not gonna make you look 25 yrs older than you are.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's basically my reasoning on it also. I wear a suit maybe 2-3 times a year to mostly interviews/business related events or weddings, though the last few of those I was in the wedding party so I had to wear a Men's Wearhouse rental monstrosity
ffffuuuu.gif
, so I'd rather not drop a large amount of coin on it but I also don't want to go cheap and get something awful in either fit or quality.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one of those suits in charcoal too (36R), it was bought last year as my lone interview suit. Fit is great, slim and half canvassed, good quality indeed.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing all that sold-out Hickey **** on gilt makes me
ffffuuuu.gif
to be Canadian.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4560998219_a67ab1e95d.jpg
Opinions? I got them for a decent price.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought they would be much darker, looks a bit different indoors where I tried them on.
ibtaol.jpg
I tried many many different pairs. Narrowed it down to this, a mykita frame that is almost double this in cost, and a pair of lindberg frameless. I'll probably get a pair of frameless frames in two years when my insurance gets rejuiced. I really like the grey/ashphalt frame coloring. I think it beats the solid black combo usually favored among asians.
yYkusl.jpg
Also **** its allergy season.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
This thread needs a revival.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
This thread needs a revival.
Here you go jet, best I can do.
010cta.jpg
Alexander Mcqueen mainline. The burgundy pants are pretty much the best made article of clothing I have ever had I think. Shirts have some great details but just took a group pic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads