• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

HEARTLESS-531

Reaction score
Hi! Dumb question, but I'm concerned that the 1000 mile does not come in a dainite or some type of rubber sole. Do you think this boot is OK for rain, a few puddles, maybe a walk in the country? YOur review of the 1000 mile was very helpful - thanks. Just concerned about the sole. PLease convince me! I wan this boot!

illumin8em

Reaction score
do you all think that theses are 1000 mile boots?
Le-21eme-Arrondissement-Todd-McKay-.jpg

illumin8em

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEARTLESS-531
i like the chick better

better than the guy or the boots? I will assume the guy, but the question was about the boots

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi! Dumb question, but I'm concerned that the 1000 mile does not come in a dainite or some type of rubber sole. Do you think this boot is OK for rain, a few puddles, maybe a walk in the country? YOur review of the 1000 mile was very helpful - thanks. Just concerned about the sole. PLease convince me! I wan this boot!

They are fine for rain, a few puddles and walks in the country. I've put mine through a lot more than that with no issues.

hiphawpdrunkie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
They are fine for rain, a few puddles and walks in the country. I've put mine through a lot more than that with no issues.

Agreed, but be careful on wet slick surfaces. I almost ate it a few times in front of Staples center a couple weeks ago.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like the chick better

If you ever happen to meet her, tell her the skinny jeans are not working out for her.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've had these boots for about 2 months now. As is my usual practice the only thing I did to them was treat them with a heavy dose of boot oil. I've worn these things on pretty much a daily basis and I certainly haven't been nice to them at all. They've seen some serious muck and water in pastures and out on the trails. One hike consisted of 16 miles of scree covered shoreline around the lake. For those who don't know what scree is it's obnoxious shards of sharp rock that's a real ***** to walk on. In the hiking world it's known as ankle breaker **** and shoe killer. Not only were the soles exposed to water they were then subsequently ground to death on the sharp rock. So far I haven't got wet feet from standing in ankle deep water or walking along miles of muddy trails. I find that very interesting since they are leather soled. They are beat up but not tore up which is what I expected. So far so good. I have many more miles of abuse planned for these things. The following pictures are what they look like right now. I'm planning on cleaning them up and reconditioning them this week sometime. I'm really interested in how they will look and how the patina is coming along. I'll make sure to post pics.

CIMG0424.jpg

CIMG0425.jpg

CIMG0426.jpg

CIMG0427.jpg

CIMG0428.jpg

ispace

Reaction score
They look great. I'd love to see the soles. Are they the brown? The look almost cherry in those photos, very different to my untreated brown pair.

B.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ispace
They look great. I'd love to see the soles. Are they the brown? The look almost cherry in those photos, very different to my untreated brown pair.

B.

Yes they are the brown. After I clean and recondition them I'll take a shot of the soles too. They are definitely worn a bit but there's lots of miles left on them.

Seeaann

Reaction score
Are the 1000 miles a limited production boot? I want to pick these up around the Fall and Im wondering if size 7D would still be easy to find?

A.Starks

Reaction score
I've been patiently waiting for the Addison to release. How and where can I get them now if possible? Your feedback is greatly appreciated: )

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A.Starks
I've been patiently waiting for the Addison to release. How and where can I get them now if possible? Your feedback is greatly appreciated: )

Fall 2010 and from us.

I haven't cleaned up the boots yet. I decided they needed a few more strolls through the muck and another hike along the scree covered shoreline of the lake. Maybe this week........

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.2%

Forum statistics

Threads