• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, Hank is too developed a character and is the Captain Ahab to Walt's Moby Dick to die any time soon. Hank's also the other half of the dichotomy of the whole manufacturing and selling of meth in this show.

My prediction is that the cousins will not be around for the next season.

David Watts

Reaction score

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Yeah, Hank is too developed a character and is the Captain Ahab to Walt's Moby Dick to die any time soon. Hank's also the other half of the dichotomy of the whole manufacturing and selling of meth in this show.

My prediction is that the cousins will not be around for the next season.

In my estimation, Hank is actually more important than is Jesse.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hank has a gun, the cousins have an axe.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
hank has a gun, the cousins have an axe.

Don't bring an axe to a gunfight?

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
yeah, there's no way hank is getting written off, atleast not this season. I'll be glad to see those two jackass cousins get what's coming to them

Psyren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by David Watts
So, Gus was planning for him to learn, then recreate Heisenberg's formula? And the eagerness of the cousins to terminate WW threw a monkey wrench into the.
that's what thought too but then Gus had no reason to let the cousins get Hank instead. Now they're satisfied with that meaning Gus values Walt. Still though the kinds if questions the assisstant was askng Walt seemed like he was eager to learn his formula so I imagine that's the way it's gonna go anyways.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
the pacing of this show is fascinating....the last few episodes have been very character focused, not a lot going on on the surface, just things unfolding, motivations surfacing and so on, then this week's episode...BAM....wall to wall action. Hacked up cops, new apartments, new 'job', new characters, death warrants, hacked up vehicles, faked-out-hospital dashes, a jam-packed plot advancement episode.

Very interesting.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Psyren
that's what thought too but then Gus had no reason to let the cousins get Hank instead. Now they're satisfied with that meaning Gus values Walt. Still though the kinds if questions the assisstant was askng Walt seemed like he was eager to learn his formula so I imagine that's the way it's gonna go anyways.

Gus only wants Walt for three months. Does that mean Gus doesn't want to sell this extremely valuable product after that? Of course not. Gus DOES want his man to learn Walt's formula, and then I'm sure Gus wants Walt out of the picture. Why? To sever himself from Walt and Jesse's mistakes of the past. The longer Walt is around, the more likely the DEA could resume their investigation and track him down. Gus wants no part of that.

Originally Posted by Matt
the pacing of this show is fascinating....the last few episodes have been very character focused, not a lot going on on the surface, just things unfolding, motivations surfacing and so on, then this week's episode...BAM....wall to wall action. Hacked up cops, new apartments, new 'job', new characters, death warrants, hacked up vehicles, faked-out-hospital dashes, a jam-packed plot advancement episode.

Very interesting.

Yup, that's what I predicted a couple of weeks ago. I think that's one of the most brilliant things about this show.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Am I naive in thinking Gus is a man of honor when it comes to Walt and ultimately will not let any harm come to him? I also think that the tenacity and cunning of Hank will lead to him making Tuco's cousins become a one-season wonder.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Am I naive in thinking Gus is a man of honor when it comes to Walt and ultimately will not let any harm come to him? I also think that the tenacity and cunning of Hank will lead to him making Tuco's cousins become a one-season wonder.

I think that's precisely why they cast the actor they did: he is slight of build and has a very trustworty, nonthreatening, and sympathetic face. He's meant to throw us off. But I think he really will either kill Walt or allow harm to come to him once his objectives have been reached. And I'm sure they won't get rid of Hank. Maybe Hank taking down the cousins will set up something between their cartel and the DEA, thus throwing yet more conflict into the mix surrounding Walt.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Psyren
Gus had no reason to let the cousins get Hank instead.

The way they portrayed it was that Gus gives them Hank not only to appease them but also to get his incessant probing out of Walt's way (something, of course, Walt would never agree with). This assuming that Gus was in fact the source behind Walt's call, not just Saul.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell the cousin's, if they didn't already know it, that Tuco was a ******* nutjob whose death could only benefit everyone. I certainly don't expect Gus to care, given his policy of not working with users.

bigasahouse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
I think that's precisely why they cast the actor they did: he is slight of build and has a very trustworty, nonthreatening, and sympathetic face. He's meant to throw us off. But I think he really will either kill Walt or allow harm to come to him once his objectives have been reached. And I'm sure they won't get rid of Hank. Maybe Hank taking down the cousins will set up something between their cartel and the DEA, thus throwing yet more conflict into the mix surrounding Walt.

That would be the end of the series then right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads