• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 NFL Draft

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Welcome to last month. Next... the 2010 nfl draft!

Rumor has it the Hawks might draft well but still end up sucking.

I'm just ******* with you Slim, to bad you did not take the bait.

In all seriousness, the Hawks have had two nice drafts on paper but don't seem like they're moving forward fast enough. I would still pick the Cards and the Niners to battle it out for the division title.
I don't think Pete Carrol wil be a winner long term and losing Holmegrim will hurt. He might be a walrus faced cock sucker but he knows football.

And while your loyalty to Hasslback is touching, he is not the future of that franchise. HE was a good QB who had a few great years and is on the downside of his career. Injuries will likely happen more not less as he gets older and it's injuries that have derailed him over the years.

Having a stud tackle will help keep him up right and perhaps prolong his career but I'd bet dollars to donuts in thee years he won't be starting and if Whitehurst is still around Hawks fans will be calling to replace him.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal

In all seriousness, the Hawks have had two nice drafts on paper but don't seem like they're moving forward fast enough. I would still pick the Cards and the Niners to battle it out for the division title.
I don't think Pete Carrol wil be a winner long term and losing Holmegrim will hurt. He might be a walrus faced cock sucker but he knows football.

And while your loyalty to Hasslback is touching, he is not the future of that franchise. HE was a good QB who had a few great years and is on the downside of his career. Injuries will likely happen more not less as he gets older and it's injuries that have derailed him over the years.

Having a stud tackle will help keep him up right and perhaps prolong his career but I'd bet dollars to donuts in thee years he won't be starting and if Whitehurst is still around Hawks fans will be calling to replace him.

Basically you just said what i've been saying this entire thread. If the hawks are good this year, awesome. If they suck, we have a shot at Locker. I just don't want them to win 8 games, but lose the division. I know Hasselbeck on on the downhill, and I prob wouldn't give him 3 years. I'd say two. That's enough.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal

Niners are gonna run away with the division (this is from a hawks fan). You are delusional if you think the cards can do anything except **** the bed with Leinart at the helm and no boldin.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
Niners are gonna run away with the division (this is from a hawks fan). You are delusional if you think the cards can do anything except **** the bed with Leinart at the helm and no boldin.

Leinart played well before he was hurt a few years ago and Derek Anderson is a capable backup plus with Fitzgerald, Breaston and Early Doucette the Cardinals will still compete for the division title.

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
No one has any faith in the Rams? No one? For shame!

Yeah, I can't say that with a straight face
shog[1].gif

BUT hey, maybe they'll win 4 or 5 games!?!?

That would be PROGRESS!!!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14
No one has any faith in the Rams? No one? For shame!
If SJax can stay healthy, take the pressure off Bradford, and keep 8 defenders in the box top open up the passing game, they have a chance.

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
If SJax can stay healthy, take the pressure off Bradford, and keep 8 defenders in the box top open up the passing game, they have a chance.

I swear I'm not trying to get into arguments with you lol. I agree with the sentiment here, but for me it's backwards.

If Sam Bradford can stay healthy, take the pressure off Steven Jackson, and keep 8 defenders out of the box to open up the running game, they have a chance.

For me, SJ is the most important player to our team. That may change as Bradford becomes more experienced and starts to become a true "franchise quarterback" (fingers crossed) but until that time SJ is the King (but really the Queen 'cause she's actually the best) and all the other players are just Pawns.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14
I swear I'm not trying to get into arguments with you lol. I agree with the sentiment here, but for me it's backwards. If Sam Bradford can stay healthy, take the pressure off Steven Jackson, and keep 8 defenders out of the box to open up the running game, they have a chance. For me, SJ is the most important player to our team. That may change as Bradford becomes more experienced and starts to become a true "franchise quarterback" (fingers crossed) but until that time SJ is the King (but really the Queen 'cause she's actually the best) and all the other players are just Pawns.
I can see it working both ways I guess, but I think Stevie Wonder carrying the team on his back is more likely than Sammy Davis Bradford doing the same. Nobody is going to respect the Rams passing game until Bradford proves he can actually run the team. Which he might be able to do. But I have a sneaking suspicion that your opponents are going to key on the run first, pass second. I'd expect people to try and rush a lot against you and get pressure in the backfield. This is effective against both Jackson (stop him before he gets momentum, close off his cutback lanes) and Bradford (Shake up the rookie and make him think about his shoulder).

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I kind of want to get a Bradford jersey and wear it to the next SF meetup!

P.S. Did you hear that Tim Tebow is the most talked about white Bronco since OJ?

bounce2.gif

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Leinart played well before he was hurt a few years ago and Derek Anderson is a capable backup plus with Fitzgerald, Breaston and Early Doucette the Cardinals will still compete for the division title.

Leinart isn't proven. Neither is Alex Smith, but who gives a **** when you have Frank Gore and two newly drafted first round meatshields pushing the pile. Niners defense is solid.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

confused.gif
a few years ago, do you mean when he was at USC? That would make sense.

Derek Anderson is not capable of anything other than dropping to his knees and servicing a goat. Have you not watched the browns? He is inaccurate and makes terrible decisions. Strong arm, though.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I kind of want to get a Bradford jersey and wear it to the next SF meetup!

P.S. Did you hear that Tim Tebow is the most talked about white Bronco since OJ?

bounce2.gif

THAT is funny!

Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
confused.gif
a few years ago, do you mean when he was at USC? That would make sense.

Derek Anderson is not capable of anything other than dropping to his knees and servicing a goat. Have you not watched the browns? He is inaccurate and makes terrible decisions. Strong arm, though.

Ah, more humor where it is needed and greatly appreciated!

Hazad

Reaction score
I'm still a bit hesitant about Bradford, but mostly about his ability to read coverage. I still look back to the UF - OU title game when Bradford finally saw a real defense and all he could do was look over to the sideline every down while he was completely befuddled at the schemes UF was running (point of reference - I'm a buckeye fan so this pains me to write). He was exposed in that game and I have seen nothing to show he has since gained any understanding of coverage(s).

I'd be happy to see him do well, but it is likely going to take a few years just for him to develop (let alone the rest of the Rams).

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
jake_locker1.jpg

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cam Newton #1 overall is a huge mistake. Just gonna say that right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics