• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vaitek
First WAYWT pic post. Bracing myself...

photo3-1.jpg

Obligatory bad iPhone pic
Eddie Bauer button up (Old, like 6-7 years)
3Sixteen SL-100
Tanner Goods belt
Bass Brown suede shoes

Looks at once stuffy and baggy. I think it's the billowy shirt paired with the slimmer jeans plus the tuck. I'm getting a real Jerry Seinfeld vibe from the proportions.

I'd either get the shirt tailored or get rid of it. It's not a matter of making it skin tight, but as the shirt is now, the sleeves are too puffy. And while not nearly as big, the sides of the shirt look like they could stand to lose a bit of extra fabric.

I don't really get down with the tucked in, long sleeve button-down shirt look, because it's not usually flattering in a casual context on most body types.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
iqvpq8.jpg
33m6cfd.jpg
I hate suits, I hate dress shirts, I hate dress shoes, this overcoat rules, though!! Raf overcoat Dries suit N. Hoolywood shirt Jil Sander shoes

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bam

Vaitek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Looks at once stuffy and baggy. I think it's the billowy shirt paired with the slimmer jeans plus the tuck. I'm getting a real Jerry Seinfeld vibe from the proportions.

I'd either get the shirt tailored or get rid of it. It's not a matter of making it skin tight, but as the shirt is now, the sleeves are too puffy. And while not nearly as big, the sides of the shirt look like they could stand to lose a bit of extra fabric.

I don't really get down with the tucked in, long sleeve button-down shirt look, because it's not usually flattering in a casual context on most body types.

Thanks APK, I see what you're saying about the shirt. The shirt is a medium and I should have gotten a small. I'm not sure what would be involved in salvaging it as far as tailoring goes, but as old as it is I don't think it's worth spending the money on it. Try again tomorrow.

Binker

Reaction score
Greatness. Can't get behind those shoes though.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for comments!

Originally Posted by aeglus
where the hell is it that it is still cold enough to be wearing a suit+overcoat?

I'm wearing the overcoat cuz I just got it
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

wgbennett83

Reaction score
stwp.jpg

Shirt: Theory
Pants: J Crew
Belt (Not Shown): Tanner Goods
Shoes: Clarks DB

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
coat looks too big. ship it here.
wink.gif
I like wearing suits/dress shoes the rare times i do wear them but if i had to do it 3times a week i'd probably get annoyed

Yeah, it was fun when it was just dress-up.. come June, I gotta start like, shaving and stuff. Suits twice a week, black/navy slacks and white shirt the other three days. Ugh

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy some pocket squares, ties, and have some fun. New job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads